Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I have generally not been up for knowledge fight myself: is it's listening to Alex Jones' show I would rather not. Make fun of the crazy things he's saying all you want but it's still his circus and he's still the ringmaster at Infowars.

Whoa this deposition is something different. I only listened to the first bit, but this is fire. I sort of imagined that he'd be more guarded under oath, lean really hard on "You know I'm really just an entertainer, I get on the air and I let loose, no one should really be taking seriously what I'm saying. How much blame can I reasonably have here?"

Nope. Under even the slightest pressure he defaults back to "Well I'm only here because Hillary
Clinton sent the CIA to..."

And then there's the "kid failing his book report in front of the class" parts. This feels really good to listen to after all the crap he's pulled on all these sandy hook families.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Grand Fromage posted:

It's amazing I've listened to like 300 KF episodes and I was still blown away by that proof Alex was right video. That's some balls.

I wish they hammered harder that Alex was doing this on the 25th because of how super wrong he was on the 24th. Gotta do something to distract from "Oh, you're not seeing any pushback from Ukrainian forces because all the Ukrainian generals have been bought off by Putin!"

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Marsupial Ape posted:

For some reason, hearing contemporary discussions about news and politics from my early 20s is very jarring. A lot of weird associated memories pop up.

But, yeah, those 2003 weirdos got spun back in the 90s and popularization of conspiracy by the X-Files. There was much more of a mythology of clandestine groups constantly moving against each or cooperating. Now, there is only the undifferentiated mass that is the Globalists.

I mean, xfiles was just a schlocky 90s show about Washington DC filmed in Vancouver. The lone gunmen were not portrayed as people you wanted to be. Info wars is and was a little different, more of the post 9/11 era even in 2002.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I lost it listening to episode 666 when Jones said that GI Joe was real life and that he wasn't in Cobra

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
You don't have to be well versed in Hebrew or Greek. You just have to know that positional number systems (the first being the Hindu-Arabic system) weren't invented and certainly didn't make their way to Europe until after the Muslim conquests. -that is to say, way way way after the bible was written

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

FFT posted:

What does

mean?

Is it individual base-10 digits instead of additive? 303 vs CCCIII?

Because that development is more obscure tbh

Yes, having individual base-whatever digits.

And it's only obscure because it's hard to imagine life without it once you've learned about it.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Given his line of work, Alex Jones was probably more ready to go with a bankruptcy plan than your garden variety rich dude

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
If it wasn't that, he would have found something else to harass people over.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Mike and that other guy from Red letter media could do a pretty credible pair impression of Alex Jones and Owen

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Megabound posted:

I feel like being a radical leftist and thinking that America et-al want to crush your ideals and have been doing their best to do so for the past entire history of America and being a christian right wing nationalist and believing the same thing are inherently different as one is based in tested reality while the other is a pure fantasy of your own design.

Andy in Kansas, you're on the air!

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I think that might actually be the first time that I've heard Francis Bacon come up in a conspiracy theory, and I really like learning weird conspiracy stuff.

Really? The theory that he actually wrote Shakespeare's plays and stuck hidden messages into them is super old.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Deptfordx posted:

Is there a history dive Knowledge Fight where they cover Alex's reaction to Obama's election?

It's not knowledge fight, but this is a fair summation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I think he's used up a lot of those connections. There's only so many times someone can give you a million dollars worth of Bitcoin

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

teen witch posted:

That click yall heard was my mind FINALLY getting why it’s called Knowledge Fight after listening for over a year.

This was easier if you were familiar with the Stephen Colbert bit "Brain Fight."

I think he may have stopped doing it because of the KF guys but it's kinda too bad because Colbert was surprisingly good at the Alex Jones impression. But also kinda not because we need fewer people giving Jones attention.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

teen witch posted:

I haven’t laughed this hard in a very long time. Like this is absolute batshit narc-out, you could make a whole new technocrat bit from it.

CRANK IT UP

E: it’s beautiful. oh my god

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeF...utm_name=iossmf

Is Alex.... About to off himself?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Marsupial Ape posted:

Hey, man, nice shot. What a nice shot, man.

All I mean is, when a guy is wistfully listening to "My way" and saying how those motherfuckers aren't going to get a red cent from him...

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

BigglesSWE posted:

The 9/11 ep was wild for a number of reasons:

1: Alex is kind of smugly “I told you it would happen” about it and not at all upset about it. If it’d happen today he’d read The Book of Revelation live on air while painting his body in chicken blood.

2: going in hard with it being the EU.

3: having Joe Rogan in as a guest for a prolonged interview where Rogan runs circles around Alex and completely dismantles his knee jerk theory crafting. Turns out Rogan was somewhat less of a tool 20 years ago…

It was eye opening hearing that after all the other poo poo that's in knowledge fight.

Like the book I heard on Jones before that-even in behind the bastards- was that "yeah he said it was going to happen but that's just because he said literally all possible disasters were going to happen"

Now I see all the other stuff he says he "predicted" and it's almost all bullshit. The only thing I feel comfortable saying now is that he was the first to cash in on it with loose change.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Staggy posted:

What struck me most of all from this episode was that until now I hadn't really appreciated what actual mask-off looked like. What a wild ride.

And while Ye shouldn't be absolved of any responsibility for the bullshit he spouted, I have a special hatred for the slimy Nick/Milo/etc. entourage.

You mean lit.

Well that last episode where they were shining a light on Fuentes was really eye opening and lovely. Like his "analogy" was literally that the "white" team was facing off against the "colored" team and the loser was getting killed, just absolute Nazi poo poo except for saying "globalists" while smirking instead of... What he's letting Kanye do now.

And he was fielding questions from his horrible Nazi fans like "when are you going to go full red pill" and... Kanye deserves lots of blame but he's also totally getting used. Fuentes is totally using Kanye/riding his coattails and taking his shot to fully take down a black billionaire while mainstreaming the sort of antisemitism he's wanted to have out there since he was 18 and it's totally disgusting to see.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the episode yet but I'm sure this at least came up.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Alex doesn't like the January 6 guys. On January 6 when it started getting hot, Alex switched gears real fast to "this is a false flag" and high tailed it out.

Can't grift money in the middle of an insurrection.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Tree Dude posted:

I honestly think the only variable in Alex choosing to back Trump or Desantis is how well they are polling and I keep reading headlines out of CPAC and poo poo about how Trump is still far and away the guy for the republican base.

Well duh

Side note: a friend of mine was saying recently how they had a brother who was talking a bunch about Klaus Schwab and of course it's impossible for me to hear that name in any voice but Alex Joneses. I don't even know who Klaus Schwab is really, just that he's catnip for the conspiracy set. When did Alex start focusing so hard on him?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

red19fire posted:

Has Alex acknowledged that Roger Stone is almost certain one of the rats who flipped on trump? That’s going to be a fun episode.

Don't overestimate the amount to which Alex is serious. He doesn't give a poo poo about Trump except as a narrative device pushing his audience forward towards buying more poo poo.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

red19fire posted:

Has Alex acknowledged that Roger Stone is almost certain one of the rats who flipped on trump? That’s going to be a fun episode.

On the other hand, oh God.

The weird pointy head...

https://frinkiac.com/video/S04E10/tCgXlMpYrXix7AiOuZ5i1RRTGqg=.gif

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

0konner posted:

Just look at trump if you think money can always get amazing or even competent legal representation.

Trump has never had the kind of money musk has

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Mr Scumbag posted:

You should know that when people say Jordan "Chills out" eventually, they mean that he turns the dial from 500% to about 300%.

Sometimes it's needed, IMO. The Klaus Schwab parody was much more enjoyable with a Jordan

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
https://fxtwitter.com/MattGertz/status/1732520758432215367?s=20

(Tucker is having Alex Jones as a guest on his Twitter show)

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Shinji2015 posted:

Musk letting Jones back onto X feels like he's trying to distract from something as well. Did a new story drop about him recently? I know there was that embarrassing story about his CEO begging Rockstar to release the GTA6 trailer on X earlier last week, but that was the last thing I heard

He's trying to get the Supreme Court to rule that the deal he made with the SEC over the "Funds secured!" stock price manipulation tweet is unconstitutional. Basically his lawyers negotiated a fine of $20 million for billions worth of stock price manipulation in return for agreeing to have a securities lawyer approve his tweets on business matters. He wants to get out of the second part.

Not that I think the two are connected, he's just a dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Froghammer posted:

Having Alex Jones back on the platform will surely entice advertisers to come back

Hey, even if you go out to London, seems like a third of the people know him and want to come up and say "Hi, we love you"

That's what I hear from Jones anyway