Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Firstscion posted:

And the Classic "Four star go home and tell your mother you're brilliant."

I still love how this was from an ultimately abandoned episode

also my favorite drop is Alex accidentally admitting to murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BigRed0427 posted:

I just found this podcast because of that 4 hour deposition from Alex and that other woman I forget, one of his bussniess managers?)

Alex is about what I expected with the added idea that he really should have been more clued into WHAT his underlings were doing.

But this other woman. HOLY poo poo! Its why Fox News does not let the crazy of the crazy work for them. Even Jones understands when to reign in, this woman does not. Also, how are you not prepared for something like this? I wouldnthinl Info Wars would have money for a decent legal team.

They mentioned another episode with one other guy who's disposition was worse than her's. What episode was that?

episode #378, Formulaic Objections part 2 which is a deposition of Alex, Paul Joseph Watson (who is about the closest Alex has had to a competent replacement), and Rob Dew who is an Infowars producer who semi-frequently appears on Alex's show.

Rob somehow got designated as the company representative of Free Speech Systems, LLC which is Alex's production company and he has literally no idea what in the ever living gently caress that position entails for when he is deposed.

the other two Formulaic Objection episodes are #279 which is about one of Alex's depositions that went viral, and #401 which is Roger Stone vs Larry Klayman.

the Stone one is really great, since its basically Larry and Roger yelling each other because they've hated each other for a decade after a failed Senate bid by Larry that Roger helped manage.

Stone really shouldn't need an introduction, but he's been a long time Washington lobbyist and fixer starting under Nixon, and worked with Paul Manafort and obviously was heavilly involved with Trump and is a large reason why Jones swung so hard for Trump

Klayman is a dipshit lawyer who started Judicial Watch because he hated the Clintons, and eventually left and is more or less the prototypical insane conservative lawyer pulling insane legal poo poo for the last 20 years.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm not there yet, but I loving laughed at when Jones really got going on that pedofile professor. (Pedoessor?)

Something I've been thinking about, and maybe its something the hosts or this thread has covered but Trump becoming president was the worst thi g to happen to Jones in terms of his bussniess. Once he became more nationally known, especially to more mainstream right wing news outlets, they just started aping him in termsnof content and delivery. Tucker Carlson might be the biggest example.

Its the same thing that happens to music for example. A new style of music comes along that sounds completely diffrent that what mainstream record lables are making, eventually the mainstream lables co opt the sound and have their own stars and people define it with the edges sanded off. Rather than elevate the actual people who made it popular in the first place.

Does that make sense?

In not sure if it's a cause or just a symptom to be honest.

People at Fox have been copying his poo poo well before Trump (Glenn Beck comes to mind)
during the Obama years) but they would generally launder it slightly (since the general right wing media hierarchy has usually been something like Fox >>>>>>>>>> Rush > Drudge > Infowars > Infowars Farm Team in how stories filter up to the mainstream

but a lot of what happened is that as the right has spiraled further right and isolated itself in it own media system and as a result that the hierarchy has really flattened out which is what is hurting Alex a ton (that and being sued to oblivion)

Im not sure if I would credit Trump's election as a catalyst for that, because Trumps election was in large part an effect of change that already happened

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

He’s going to ignore all the fines and even the trial on damages and then file for bankruptcy the moment the verdict is handed down in order to dodge paying out. I’m skeptical as to whether he’ll ever pay anything at all.

you cant discharge judgment liens from bankruptcy

so even if he does do that, hes basically going to be having all his accounts and property liened and if he starts some replacement business it's going to get hosed

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It's been awhile since I've listened to Last Podcast on the Left, but they seemed to thread the needle that way. If it was primarily one source they'd cite the book heavily and basically do an elevator pitch for it at the beginning and the end of the episode, specifically pushing it as "hey, there's a bunch of cool side stories like X, Y and Z that we didn't cover in the podcast cause if you want to know every little detail buy the book." I think the LPotL episodes on Tupac and Biggie got them a thank you email from some writer who looked them up after wondering why the hell they were suddenly selling hundreds of copies of a niche book.

yeah LPOTL usually gives a pretty heavy shoutout to whoever they are writing from

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The Dollop has always sucked about this. The most odious aspect is that they'll act a bit like Robert here and be like "oh my god I cant believe you are making a big deal out of this I'm not loving calling all of these sources!!!!!!!!!" and then when people respond by saying that's not what is being suggested they'll add the most cursory bullshit at the end of the episode or MAYBE up front in passing.

especially compared to Dave who is or was pretty much a serial plagiarist at this point

I havent really listened to the Dollop in a year or two so I guess he might have improved but I really doubt it, theres entire chunks of the archives missing because he literally was reading an article word for word, then he kind of ssort of started citing his sources in a web page that was really hard to find, and then when called out on that, he finally started actually announcing stuff but never stopped lifting passages verbatim for use and never citing them