Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Carlson's really boring because he's 'mainstream'. Like, he says terrible things but 90% of it is just normal right wing 'and the loving liberals are bringing brown people in illegally to destroy white people' poo poo with the other 10% being true genuine 'I think this guy is actually mentally damaged' like 'THE LEFT WANTS ME TO STOP JERKING OFF TO THE GREEN M&M'. He's just a rich kid who failed at being a shock jock gadfly (truly imagine the kind of person that title conjures in your mind, and now imagine the kind of person who CAN'T do that) and failed up in media.

Jones is a fascinating psycho to follow because you truly never know what he's gonna do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Even Knowledge Fight admits the has a remarkable carnival barker-like talent that others who tried his poo poo could not pull off. Owen Shroyer or David Knight could never be Alex. He took Bill Cooper's rhythm and vibe and turned it way the gently caress up to the point even Bill Cooper was like "this guy loving sucks."

oh god yea you absolutely can't 'study' Jones and not admit he's a masterful showman.

Absolute lunatic and terrible person but a genuine rare talent that others like him have tried and failed to ape constantly.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Q stuff fucks with Alex's money because it ~disrupted~ his scene, now any moron with IG can be The Q Anon Wine Mom or whatever and get a following and sell lovely books and jewelry and poo poo. He flirted with Q when it was just an internet thing but he's hated it for a while ever since it started spawning a bunch of not as funny clones of him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

fez_machine posted:

People saying Alex Jones wasn't inspiring others to armed violence 20 years ago should look up Richard McCaslin because it's been 20 years to the dot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_McCaslin

I mean, I'm not really that invested in defending The Phantom Patriot but that wiki article gets the timeline a bit wrong. He was already a big Icke/reptile people fan even before being a Jones fan and...I mean, he was convicted of trying to burn down the grove's big dumb owl statue and waving a gun around, I'm not gonna say that's AWESOME to do but I think that's a fair bit different flavor of crazy person than the Jones crowd is now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Testekill posted:

Alex is 100% railing Adderall.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deptfordx posted:

Dear god I've listened to so much Knowledge Fight while playing so much Elden Ring the past 2 weeks.

it's a really fun way to just ruin your brain, my mind is now 90% Alex Jones poo poo and sad Dark Soul guys going 'hrm'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I too wanna become a mustard guy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm gonna buy a mustard kit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea you'd be a chump to accept that because even if he doesn't actively plan on instantly going 'ha ha that was bullshit for the globalists!!!!' you just know within a week he'll be on some tear and slip into "AND THE GLOBALISTS THAT RUN THE COURTS FORCE YOU TO MAKE FAKE APOLOGIES FOR TELLING THE TRUTH" just on momentum. Take him to the loving cleaners because that's the only thing he cares about.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Marsupial Ape posted:

I keep repeating it, but I see Jones killing himself, specifically live while broadcasting. He's a narcissist and Alex will let no one but himself write the end of his narrative.

yea tbh as much as it seems like a shitpost to say Alex has that very unique blend of personality disorders where I very genuinely can see him Budd Dwyer-ing himself live to 'control his story' or whatever

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Alex Jones setting up the enclosed pool area

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spoeank posted:

You guys are listening to the one podcast that is a test case that you can't take anything Alex Jones says seriously or at face value and you're doing exactly that with the implications of the "I'm not gonna kill my family" stuff.

Like I said before he seems to, beyond his internet persona, seems to genuinely have the sort of personality disorder that'd make him view suicide as a way to 'control his narrative'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grand Fromage posted:

I've been listening to the show backwards and Jordan gets more annoying the further back I go. In the more recent times I didn't know why people complain about him so much, I don't find him irritating at all. So the answer is yes, he does tone it down.

yea Jordan's a bit too eager to make his points early on but I'd say he breaks that habit fairly soon and just kinda becomes a typical slightly motor mouthy co-host instead of actively stepping on Dan at times.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Jordan and Dan are a great duo, he just needed a bit to dial into a good rhythm where he wasn't stepping on Dan a bunch

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

0konner posted:

Jordan’s stock falling with me just today by completely not knowing what a “shoot promo” is. Also Dan is wrong on the release year of A Bug’s Life, 1998 wasn’t within the last 20 years.

the first is indeed unforgivable but no to us millennials the 90's will always be at most fifteen years ago, please don't make us face the reality of linear time or my bones will become dust

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's a really dumb late 2000's edgelord thing and it's always really cringy when white people are all 'lol yea kill all white people am I right fellow white people' but considering 'I'm for white genocide' really just means 'I'm not a neo-nazi freak about keeping the 'bloodlines pure'' it's really hard to give a poo poo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jones doesn't deal in reality, that's not a smug way to say he's wrong it's just a genuine statement of how his audience lives, he's constructing reality for them. There's no amount of fact checking or mockery that will hurt him in any meaningful way because he's the architect of reality for his fans so anyone trying to 'correct' him just is like if I came in here saying 'did you know the sky is actually green and fish live on land?'

That's why this podcast works, it's just a mockery/chronicle of what his insanity is. The only 'confrontation' that'd mean anything against Jones involves a tire iron and redacted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
as much as it'll be satisfying to watch him get rinsed again, Jones is extremely rich and from an extremely rich and well connected family, no legal case will 'destroy' him.