Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm still getting used to the new "technocrat" drop but I will say "gently caress you!" has made me actually laugh every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
He purposefully admits to murder all the time... Until he's under oath

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

SetSliRol posted:

The moment in the deposition where the lawyer just deadpan asks "Mr. Jones, how many people have you killed?" was fantastic.

Someone on the KF reddit described that moment as being Dan's compensation for the consultation.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I feel like this is an important resource that should probably go in the OP. It's pinned on the KF subreddit. Not sure who's actually responsible for maintaining it or I would give them props.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p2u4MH5ywwsIHZvpdBbpzhPqAQedFR_xvbs1jbiAVOk/edit#gid=0

Useful for finding a specific episode

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 31, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex has never brought them up to my knowledge. There was one episode where one of his cronies talked about them after the NYT piece came out iirc.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

MrMojok posted:

Oh, wow! I assumed an egomaniac like Jones wouldn’t be able to resist slamming a show that has slammed him for years.

The last thing he would want is any of his listeners checking them out.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm not there yet, but I loving laughed at when Jones really got going on that pedofile professor. (Pedoessor?)

Something I've been thinking about, and maybe its something the hosts or this thread has covered but Trump becoming president was the worst thi g to happen to Jones in terms of his bussniess. Once he became more nationally known, especially to more mainstream right wing news outlets, they just started aping him in termsnof content and delivery. Tucker Carlson might be the biggest example.

Its the same thing that happens to music for example. A new style of music comes along that sounds completely diffrent that what mainstream record lables are making, eventually the mainstream lables co opt the sound and have their own stars and people define it with the edges sanded off. Rather than elevate the actual people who made it popular in the first place.

Does that make sense?

yea they've talked about it some and it makes sense. on the other hand though you read poo poo like Infowars Store made $165 Million over 3 years...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/infowars-store-alex-jones_n_61d71d8fe4b0bcd2195c6562

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex was still flirting with trying to win over the Q audience I think right up until he got completely destroyed while interviewing Q-Shaman (Knowledge Fight 518 January 11, '21). From that point onward he has been pretty hostile to Q poo poo... or more accurately he still spews 90% of the same talking points but when the subject of Q comes up he gets mad about it because he's not an important figure with that crowd.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Love that we got a bonus deposition question this episode on the topic of reset wars confirming that it's just a thing he put his name/voice on but it isn't really his thing at all.

Could have been bundled into the "do you ever knowingly lie to your audience?" line of questioning.

"reset wars is the most important thing I've done in my career"

I suppose is just hyperbole...

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
For people just jumping into the podcast it might be a good idea to go back to Jan. 6, 2001 and just start listening from there. I know that's still like a year of episodes but it's a lot fewer than 646 and is a pretty good dividing line for the current Jones era we're in.

Its a tough podcast to get your bearings with because it has a lot of "characters" and events that Dan and Jordan will bring up casually but you will meet a lot of them and do okay from context clues.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 10, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Episode guide list useful for finding specific episodes.

A little hard to use (at least for me) the trick is expanding the box at the top so you can actually see all the information in whatever cell you're looking at.

Might be obvious to people with more spreadsheet experience.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Shinji2015 posted:

And if you want to hear Dan and Jordan do stuff not related to Jones, they're occasionally guests on God Awful Movies, a movie podcast focused on making fun of Christian and religious cinema (episodes 293, 305, and 330)

They are some of my favorite GAM guests. The scathing guys sometimes seem a bit too much like they're reading from a script for an entire show (drink every time they say "I wrote in my notes...“) but JorDan brings a lot to each episode and forces them to be a little more casual and in the moment.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

BiggerBoat posted:

Thanks. I'd found this but like you I can't expand the fields to show all the text

you can make that box at the top bigger by interacting with the line I have dotted and whatever you have clicked on in the document will appear there.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 10, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

0konner posted:

Does anyone recall the episode that originated the “Dalek sticks a gun out at the unvaxxed” meme?

504: November 16-17, 2020

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm doing a first time listen of the early episodes right now. They're great any time they're doing normal fact checking of Alex's nonsense and it's fun being introduced to all the crazy characters along with Dan & Jordan.

It gets a little frustrating when they dip into Trump stuff. They're so optimistic early on that surely such-and-such crazy thing he did this week is going to bring him down. Actually now that I mention it they're kinda like that with Alex too. Surely Google Ads pulling the plug or this Chobani lawsuit is going to ruin Alex...

I think they've learned a lot about how hard it is to kill a cockroach over the last 5 years.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

0konner posted:

CNN’s doing an hour special on Jones this Sunday hope his rebuttal is good content.

Might be a good time to dust off the old episode #28 How Not To Cover Alex Jones

Fill your hand.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They can't help but take him out of context which Jones exploits to make his listeners view the news coverage as unfair. Covering Alex with the proper context only reveals how much worse it actually is than the original story made it seem.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Unfortunately they've been covering Project Camelot less and less. I have a memory of Dan saying that over time the space weirdos got less fun and became more and more like all the other weirdos they cover but couldn't tell you when that was. Maybe on the QAA episode they guested on recently?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

SetSliRol posted:

Personally I would love to see them tackle ResetWars since it got immediately dumped onto torrent sites.

A few shows after the deposition episode they played a clip of deposition Alex explaining that Reset Wars was completely the work of that hypnotist guy. Alex just read it, slapped his name on it and put it up for sale. I think that took a lot of air out of the sails for potential reset wars coverage. Much more exciting to cover "the most important work of [Alex's] career" than just another product at the Infowars store.

Plus it's sort of evergreen so they can keep it in their back pocket and cover it next time Alex takes a little breaky or something.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
my response to new Policy Wonk named Why Do The Globalists Keep Writing Their Plans Down?

Galactic law says they have to.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
A highlight of listening to these older KF episodes has been the investigation into when Alex went from being his regular terrible self to being fully trump-pilled insane.

They started ep46 with June 18, 2015 the day Trump announced his candidacy and proceed from there.

I just got to the MONEY BOMB

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also - probably coincidentally but maybe not - the format of Knowledge Fight is much more dangerous to Alex Jones than any slickly-edited 5 minute video or 10,000 word op-ed

It's basically the thesis of the podcast.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
How big did Alex say the Info Wars reach was while under oath at the last deposition (or at least the last one KF covered)? Was it 10% of the English speaking world?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Actual image of Alex's doctor note

Note: if this is gigantic or something I apologize let me know I'll fix it. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell on mobile.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 24, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
BOY GIRL MOTHER FATHER

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Grand Fromage posted:

The most recent Opening Arguments is also about how hosed Alex is if you want more.

I know Andrew is the forever optimist but just hearing a smart law-talkin' guy say "this could bankrupt all of info wars" made me happy.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm early into the Twitch era on my old episodes listen through...

Didn't realize that was a thing they did. It's been less disruptive than I thought when they first started pitching it but every time they reference reactions from the chat it's a little weird. How long was this a thing? Was there a particular reason they stopped?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex quirk that's been driving me crazy lately: Any time he tells you how to search for something

"Just type in... ... famous study... where students believe they are killing subjects."

That's just the one I heard just now but he's telling people how to search for things all the time.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Amanda Moore seems okay but I wish she had slightly better podcast chops. I can forgive the poor quality of her audio and I'm sure that's compounding my issues but I'm having a hard time following her responses because she speaks very quickly and a little scattered and with a fair amount of "filler words."

I'm early in the interview though. Maybe I'll click into her wavelength or she'll settle in.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Welcome to the dreamy creamy era, everybody

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Just read through this Bill Ogden AMA on the KF subreddit and now I have his preferred brand of Gummi Worms in my next cart.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 16, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Your whole investment could be damaged in Liberty if you let them take down this standard of freedom

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I disagree with the Dan when he said Alex wouldn't keep going without the studio and employees and status all that stuff brings. I think all the motivation Alex needs is a warehouse full of pills. As long as he can keep that up and running he'll keep trying to get his show out however he can even if it means a podcast run out of a spare bedroom.

They mentioned Apple not letting his show on their platform which I didn't consider. Where are all the podcast chuds these days?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
What are you talking about? He was offered the role of Star Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy but turned them down because he ain't no Globalist.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Maybe it's just because Alex has called this concept Galactic Law but I always think of that part in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy where the aliens demolishing the Earth say the demolition orders were on file on some other planet a few light years away.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It's a little amusing but maybe also a little bit sad for Dan how early in the run of the show he was sick of covering modern Alex Jones and wanted every episode to be from the past.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Listening to the series of episodes they did on Alex's End Game "documentary." It was a trip to hear the origin of the strings in the KF intro music. I'm on Part 3 right now and Dan just said "Jordan we've only got 45 minutes of this left" and I laughed because there was still an hour left in the episode and two more 2 hour episodes after that.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

correction: he must have said 1h45m. like "we have a lot of this to get through we better keep moving." my bad! still... 10hours of podcasts about End Game is insane.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Having Mark on for what is otherwise a pretty normal episode of KF is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Someone someone sodomite sent me a bucket of poop