Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

The new Policy Wonk sound bite is fun but I’ll miss “m-my neck is freakishly large”.

I miss the original intro (that's now just the outro). While I understand the desire to have a theme song going straight from "Andy in Kansas" to Podcast ruled and meant I never had to hit the fast forward 30 seconds button. I also miss the "Sodomite sent me a bucket of poop" drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yep, gotta ask a RGD mod. Shoot off a PM off or report a post with the request.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 14, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

ILL Machina posted:

Yeah wow. Pretty rare to hear Alex speechless.

He was probably just eating

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

They stopped doing Wednesdays de rigueur for Dan's work life balance. The podcast used to be Monday, Wednesday, Friday and in the 1.5 to 3 hour range. I used to get disappointed at an episode that was only one hour long but now I'm happy that Dan gets his time off.

If you go and listen to the back catalogue (which is a great time) and hear where they've come from it's amazing, Dan talking about selling blood plasma just to get by and the like.

The arc they follow getting to know Alex is amazing too, Jordan started from complete ignorance of the man and Dan treated him more like a buffoon. It's a great narrative.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, I caught that version of the episode and it was interesting to hear their off air discussion. If I remember if was Dan calling out Jordan for something he said that Dan took as an attack on him and they just had a healthy discussion about it and got on.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Kerry is the host of Project Camelot and is an offshoot the boys follow. It's all about Mark Richards, murderer and grifter who has taken in Kerry Cassidy who does aliens and alien related conspiracy. It's a great listen and like Alex Jones is a whole entire arc or humanity. It starts here:
https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/knowledge-fight-project-camelot-break-1

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Project Camelot also went behind a paywall for a bit so they stopped because of that, as well as everything eventually boiling down to anti-Semitism. It's discussed in the project Camelot episodes themselves.

Personally I'm holding out for more Jim Bakker and the court of heaven content.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I also think that Jones being criticised in real time, to the backing of his own words coming right out of his mouth clipped directly from the show in incredibly more damaging than an article Jones can quote and take out of context. Drawing attention to that instead of an already "discretied" news source is intrisicly more damaging.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Good podcast. I'd listen to those two chat as often as I'd listen to JorDan.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I just assumed that Alex had to know and Free Speech Systems would have had to reach out. Now I want to know in what capacity did they reach out? I'm guessing lawsuit.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Alex is such a narcissist that there's no way he hasn't googled himself and found the podcast, and listened to part of it. Anything that has his name attached he's drawn to like a moth to flame. I think he doesn't talk about it because the format is incredibly damaging and he can't use the globalist boogeyman as a scapegoat in this particular instance.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

KF drops 3:30pm my time so I get the episodes fresh for my 4pm drive home.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

If you click through you get told that all 16 parties rejected the offers. Can't wait to see this guy bankrupted

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That was a brutal episode. The revelation that Jones dictates to his writers what the headlines should be so he can report on the headlines of the articles on Infowars was stunning.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

He ain't going in unless he's dragged in or defaulted on so he can play that for his audience

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

If he does anything my money is on flee the country

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

As the boys said, this is far from the first time he's said that on air. I truly believe him to be too much of a coward to off himself. He is a man of no convictions other than "What will make me the most money right now"

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Oh boy, the announcement up the top of this weeks episode is incredibly exciting to me

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

They'll be attending and covering the Sandy Hook trial this month, most likely in a daily wrap up style.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I, for one, like Jordan and find him funny. I'll take him over most of regular BtB guests.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

She gets better as she goes, more comfortable. I'm finding it p interesting.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Can't wait for Alex to come out on his very next show and say "We're not bankrupt"

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound posted:

Can't wait for Alex to come out on his very next show and say "We're not bankrupt"

As my prophecy foretold

Megabound fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 19, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Wednesday episodes are a blessing and I'm glad Dan gets to take some time for himself.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looking forward to Alex's Gallagher phase

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I think the problem with Oasis is wholly based on them being Oasis and blaming the drugs is shifting responsibility unfairly from a lovely band on to an innocent substance.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I wonder how forcefully he's going to wade into this mess, especially in his home state. Will he have learned anything? Far right twitter is going for a trans angle with unconfirmed photos so that's going to be my guess.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Weird how this is going to be the one mass shooting that isn't a false flag

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My one hope is that he tries to withdraw it all at once and it helps tank crypto further. My other hope is that he completely fucks up declaring it on taxes or whatever and fucks himself up even further as well.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Jones has been completely unsurprising in his immediate post tragedy coverage. You can hear the pain and fury in Jordan's voice the entire episode and it's so deserved.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It was a confronting metaphor but it's also what Alex Jones is doing right in the aftermath. To turn the tragedy of children killed by a mass shooter into aggrandizing himself for being always right is exactly as stated.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Going back and listening to the old pods makes me miss the "Andy in Kansas" hard cut into Dan opening. I am not a DJ Danarchy fan.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Just put the sauce on your plate!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Pro strat, allow him to dismiss counsel, but also tell him if he doesn't have another lawyer by the trial date he's to have to represent himself.
Then televise that.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

he would actually love that. spectacle via gishgallop is his thing.

I'm sure he'd think he'd love it but being in a place where words have definite meanings and consequences I think he would be quickly disavowed of that notion. The way he's dodging and stalling he wants to stay out of that court room for as long as possible.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

These are my favourite weeks

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The current Pt 2 BtB upload has no audio at Dan's clips. It's been fun listening to Robert's reactions in pt 1

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

His voice was so different before he went full Limbaugh impersonation.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Oh my God today's episode was amazing front to back. I love the Squatch and their representative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

And I thought that was going to be the most crass gold take this episode.