Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm kinda curious about something from the past episodes. Past-Alex pronounces 9/11 as "nine-one-one". Is... that a thing people actually did? Granted that I'm not American, but I don't recall ever hearing it said that way before and it hits my ear really weirdly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I grew up in a Bible-related religion and memorizing verses, even important ones, was never something we had to do. Religion (and later "Christian Ethics") classes were much more focused on the messages therein.

This is, of course, entirely unrelated to Alex Jones because he definitely doesn't believe (or pretend to believe or whatever) in the sort of religion that would do such reasonable things.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Mauser posted:

house of Godwin
That's both a real thing AND a pretty good euphemism!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I just recently got through the live episodes, and I found myself surprisingly annoyed at one very small thing in the intro: Alex says something about how the queen is the "deus ex", like the hero that comes in at the last moment to save everyone. Pronounced "deuce ex", with no "machina" in sight.

Because, like, of course he doesn't know the whole phrase. And of course he doesn't know how to pronounce it. That should be obvious. So why does that bother me!?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
After listening to Wednesday's episode, I went and also listened to Jon Ronson's podcast, and... man. I was not prepared for how viscerally I'd react to some of that poo poo.

Here I had thought that, having listened to all this Knowledge Fight, I was somewhat desensitized to listening to abhorrent people on the internet. Turns out it's probably only an inoculation against Alex-style bullshit. Eurgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm absolutely tickled by the sound bite of Alex saying "They did 9/11 on 9/11." in the opening song.