Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I've started listening to the Formulaic Objections episodes from the start. I'm about 45 minutes into the first one.

I don't know how long I'll be able to last through them all, to be honest. Hearing Alex and his lawyers act monsterously, dismissively, and try to run semantic circles to deflect, even for this short about of time, is exhausting, soul-draining stuff. "It's an edited video, this is out of context, that was years and years ago, etc." as a last ditch attempt, in every single sentence, would have me absolutely screaming.

Kudos to everyone who's gotten through all of them. Kudos to the lawyers and their patience to see this through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Was interested in this after looking into the Sandy Hook verdicts, and kind of noped out of the podcast a while ago.

Started with the Formulaic Objections playlists as per goon suggestions, and felt such horrible despair and anger and annoyance over one specific moment: when Alex was asked to name a single kid who died at Sandy Hook. This thing that had been his shadow for years, this thing that was very obviously heading to his ruination, this thing that he had a responsibility to refresh himself on...and when pressed with a question like that...he couldn't do it. Which meant his hackles went up, he went into defensive mode, he showed who he really was. And it was ink-black void and hideous.

But, recently, I went back - after hearing about the HBO doc - and stuck through it. I ended up getting into it and binge-ing countless episodes. Enjoying Dan and Jordan's vibe. I'm happy I got in as Jones' twilight begins, as he's being punished for his poo poo. Dunno if I could stick it out if it was just the same thing every week without consequences.

For people who think Jordan's loud or annoying, I felt the same at first, but warmed up to him. He's definitely the emotional sugar that helps the medicine go down. I feel like we roll our eyes at the same time, and without his emotional counterbalance it's just Alex ranting and Dan going "that's wrong". Jordan's the valve of release, that's why I like him.

All that to say, that if I hadn't stuck it out, hadn't got used to the vibe and speed of the podcast, I wouldn't have heard that absolutely sublime-hilarious-insane Lana Del Rey moment from today's episode and my life would be worse without it.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Watching the doc in tiny bits and pieces. It's...incredibly hard to watch.

Trying to cheer myself up by thinking about Bankston taking Musk's deposition today.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Scam Likely posted:

When Alex is naval gazing about Trudeau mentioning his name, was the clip was edited to add roaring applause to make it seem like the crowd was on AJ's side? Sure seemed like a jump in the audio that Dan and Jordan missed.

I haven't seen the original clip, but here in Canada we copied the British parliamentary system, with all the Prime Minster's supporters and opposition in the same chamber and they're allowed some general, non-intrusive rowdiness.

I assumed it was Trudeau's side clapping in support over his diss to his opposition. Here-here! Good gambit sir! And so on.