Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Does anyone recall the episode that originated the “Dalek sticks a gun out at the unvaxxed” meme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Tree Dude posted:

504: November 16-17, 2020

Thanks

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
CNN’s doing an hour special on Jones this Sunday hope his rebuttal is good content.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mercury_Storm posted:

Any coverage of Jones other than a point by point takedown of everything he says or him sitting in a deposition chair is bad coverage.

So he can never be covered on mainstream televised news, based on this criteria. The medium doesn’t allow it.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Spoeank posted:

Correct.

That’s too bad since way more people rely on news channels than will ever encounter remotely objective Alex Jones coverage through podcasts. In my opinion it’s worth trying to tell truths about infowars in mass media.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Shageletic posted:

But considering the job they've done (looking at you Brian Stelter) its been inept enough to actually leave Jones in a better place.

He needs to be ignored by orgs that can't do the work.

I don’t know when exactly Stelter first started covering Alex but my impression is he’s been in decline over the past few years. Is there some tangible evidence of cnn reports leading to spikes in brain force sales?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jordan teaching me new things I didn’t know Pat Buchanan blamed 9/11 on gay people I always thought that was Pat Robertson.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Watching the latest infowars and jones says the press “makes the crypt keeper look smart”. Was he supposed to be dumb? I thought he had solid jokes.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Digital Jedi posted:

I knew Richard Belzer was a bit out there given the characters he always play but didn't know he was on Alex's show and likes Alex.

The level of him liking Alex is ambiguous iirc. Certainly hasn’t shown up at all on the show for many years now.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Megabound posted:

Oh boy, the announcement up the top of this weeks episode is incredibly exciting to me

What is it? I tend to skip the 2003-era eps.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jordan’s stock falling with me just today by completely not knowing what a “shoot promo” is. Also Dan is wrong on the release year of A Bug’s Life, 1998 wasn’t within the last 20 years.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I think there was a big lore update on the 26th. Alex said Satan is an alien entity stranded on Earth. Has the stranded thing come up before ever?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s not the bitcoin bailout this is the real reason Jones has been in better spirits suddenly.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
There was that moment recently where Alex ran the Bill Gates clip that Alex described as being Gates chuckling that the next pandemic would really get attention compared to COVID. The actual clip even as edited on the infowars broadcast was clearly Gates talking about specific issues like test kit availability hopefully getting more attention whenever the next pandemic happens. Jordan went as quiet as he’s ever been when Dan teed him up to point out this difference you could tell Jordan didn’t grasp the point at all.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Morroque posted:

I think everyone can be a bit too hard on Jordan at times. He does a very, very, important job as Alex's heckler. By this point, literally anyone else would make the tragic mistake of giving Alex more credit than he deserves, which would be any credit at all.

If it ever came to the point where Knowledge Fight actually had to confront Alex directly, Dan's research and factual correctness would be easily rendered moot by any single gish-gallop. Jordan's common reaction of interrupting what Alex is saying with loud and rude morkery is more likely to both defuse Alex and get under his skin.

Given the nature of the subject matter the podcast has to deal with, it is an entirely necessary job.

No Dan would be better at the easiest way to embarrass Alex in some public debate which is to just have remembered anything Alex said before.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’d be glad he’s on the show if Jordan was at least clever at riffing. I might be spoiled by all the podcasts from high-level ucb and adjacent people but the harder he tries to be funny the worse it is.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’ve never seen Jones confronted with his own history in any meaningful way but infowars makes an industry out of going to left-aligned protests to get footage of people doing the Jordan method of just matching screaming inanity with more screaming.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

If you are going to confront Jones, just having the data and proof will get you nowhere. He will treat you like a Brian Stelter nerd and dance around you. You have to have someone there to really get to a narcissist’s inner mind by just outright laughing at them and mocking them when that proof is given so it makes it harder for them to gallop around it.

I think Dan and Jordan both provide a good balance of how to handle someone like Jones and I think that may be a reason why Jones has never went after them.

For example, I have a friend that loves to randomly send me Ben Shapiro videos to show me how liberals are wrong about everything. After refuting whatever bullshit BS is saying, I then just mock BS because I know that he will jump to another line of attack if I just refute the initial claim. I never refer to BS as BS, I only call him “Brett Hawthorne” (character from BS’s book that is everything BS wishes he could be) and I talk about how “Brett Hawthorne” is beyond dumb and just wishes more people would pay attention to him and love him. Makes the guy drop off quickly for several months before he jumps back in with another video.

So nothing meaningfully changes about this guy’s behavior or mindset. Again, Alex has paid teams specifically to record footage of leftists mocking him. Nothing about this is effective or worthwhile engagement.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jones at least as of Monday is cutting bait on the uvalde PD.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Was there any confirmation outside Jones’ own assertions that he had negotiated immunity with the committee? Actual media reported at least some cooperation between Jones and the committee which I don’t interpret to mean he actually ratted on anyone but if he wasn’t actually given immunity from perjury I could imagine him reacting live to the hearings would be a no-go for him.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

LionYeti posted:

How much you wanna bet that the Russian State Actor Anonymous Donor who gave Alex 8 Million bucks in bitcoin told him basically shut up until the Jan 6th committee hearings are over?
He was back today.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Also Leo Zigami is back on the Wednesday ep

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Spoeank posted:

Did Leo do 9/11 AND Jan 6?!

Have not listened but I did also immediately have the thought that Alex was bringing him on hoping he would just cop to some 1/6 poo poo and take the heat off Alex.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Am now listening Dan is going to absolutely lose his poo poo at the scott adams clip on the Wednesday ep.

E: To clarify scott Adams literally says “no one has ever presented evidence that Alex doesn’t believe what he says”.

0konner fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 23, 2022

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Testekill posted:

I wonder where the gently caress Alex actually is. Is he trying to skip the country or has he just caught covid for the umpteenth time?

He was back yesterday.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Today he claimed he will be going to uvalde while going harder in on the false flag thing.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Probably refused out of prudishness it’s a family show you know.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah I’m also entirely shocked The Guest being on infowars for 9/11 evening isn’t way more widespread celeb trivia.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Sir Tonk posted:

Now I want an episode with Rene and Mox analyzing the trial
Yes being sober I assume mox has to be the Dan and I’d love to hear Renee going full Jordan.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
So Friday’s broadcast includes a Reese Report that’s just going all in on filling the screen with the Texas judge’s headshot with flame graphics over it and showing her full name in captions.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

neurotech posted:

His interview technique is terrible. Those questions seemed to go on forever, jesus. I’ve never heard of this guy before this episode, is he a big deal in the US?

Was heavily involved with reporting on Snowden’s leaks and Hillary’s e mail Wikileaks in 2016.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

vseslav.botkin posted:

I have my issues with Greenwald, but he wasn't the one who hosed up the Reality Winner story and he left the Intercept years later because of a stupid editing slapfight over the Hunter Biden laptop story.

A stupid editing slapfight in that yes Glenn wanted to actively sabotage the Democratic Party with the same methods he had in 2016 but by 2019-20 everyone was completely aware he was a full trump supporter and called him on his poo poo. I’d say less a stupid slapfight and more responsible editors trying not to let an obvious Trumpist sabotage a Democratic candidate from a left-wing platform two elections in a row.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Elizabeth Williamson flushed a full donut down the toilet and KF treat her as a credible source. This is a problem.

E: It says something about the intellectual standards of NYT reporters versus competent lawyers that Williamson laughs her rear end off with the KF guys despite neither of them being remotely funny but their jokes with Mark get barely any reaction.

0konner fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 2, 2022

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

red19fire posted:

Has anyone ever crank called the show when Alex takes calls? If there was ever a day for it, todays the day.

There’s actually never a good time for any sensible person to choose to directly interface with Alex Jones.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

teen witch posted:

That click yall heard was my mind FINALLY getting why it’s called Knowledge Fight after listening for over a year.

My friend who put me on to the show took a long time to get it too. IMO “data conflict” would have been where I’d go for synonyms.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Grand Fromage posted:

Is that a podcast? I have never heard of Brian Stelter outside of Alex being mad at him and have no context.

Mainly it’s a tv show on CNN at 11 AM EST on weekends. I know msnbc puts most of their shows up as podcasts cnn might do the same. It’s easy to get over excited about cable news hits though this may be a very short and heavily edited pre-taped interview, not necessarily Dan and Jordan on the news live.

E: for further context: Reliable Sources is Stelter’s show because he’s specifically CNN’s anchor who reports on news happening within the media industry so he’s the main guy they have reporting on Jones-type figures.

0konner fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 7, 2022

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lol cnn has a high school classmate and teacher of jones both saying he would turn his own tongue black and ramble like a demon. They’re digging into the corrupt dealer police story in a surprisingly sharp way.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I clearly don’t know what syllable patterns are at all.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Marsupial Ape posted:

It’s self-incriminating.

Also, I don’t know if the Doughboys thread is ready for us.

I’m not sure Dan’s ever listened to Doughboys if he thinks he’s the Mitch when he’s explicitly the KF guy who does research and is prepared for things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Re: breakie chat
Dan should have extra permission to chill for the week as I’m seeing Alex doesn’t seem to have been in studio since the tenth.

E: the tenth is wild right off the bat though apparently the Fbi was so fanatical about collecting paper they took toilet paper and tags off melania’s clothes.