Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

teen witch posted:

Jordan’s distanced laugh howl is my essence.

Hey thanks for highlighting this thread in the Q thread :wave:

Have a nice weekend you wonks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAAhzreGWw

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jan 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I didn't know whether Daria was just responding with bad faith cynicism. She sounded like she was a child. She might also be just not quite there?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I concur with the posters who're saying that Jones sounds like he can't distinguish between fiction and reality anymore. To constantly shift between conflicting narratives and talk about one reality while living in another will wear down any mind, especially if it's also saddled with stress and drugs. I doubt that he himself understand what concepts such as truth, lies, research, and so on mean.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

A bunch of the BtB-cohosts have ended up on my playlist: Jake hannrahan, Jamie Loftus, knowledge fight themselves.... Also about time Paul F Tompkins came back. I want to listen to the Golden Retriever man (he voiced Mr. Peanut butter in Bojack horseman and I can't see anything else when I hear the voice)!

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I was thinking for years that it must have been some Alex Jones satanism meme before they brought up the cat. Im guessing the cat just hangs around on Dan's desk a lot and thereby turns it into an altar?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Firstscion posted:

Doesn't look like it's Freespeech systems which is the main company

So Dan and Jordan remain safe?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Hey I just listened to the episode where Jordan took the wheel. Really liked it! Just the altered dynamic between the two during the role reversal was nice also.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Has anyone said "It's time to prey" yet

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Journalism has been hallowed out for quite some time, and the last decade has been even worse. In the early teens, facebook lied to everyone and said that video engagement was far above any text engagement. It wasn't. It actually lagged behind quite a bit, but facebook likes to lie about things like this. As a result, so many places dropped all of their actual journalists in a pivot to video. Then a few years later, facebook revealed their lie. Instead of rebuilding the text force that had been previously let go, media outlets collectively just fired their video people and became pr regurgitating machines because no one there is paid well enough or has the chops to actually give a give.

See, e.g. Adam Schefter.

If I have my internet history right, the pivot to video gave us a legion of cool podcasters when all these journos were let off. So maybe there would have never been a behind the bastards, knowledge fight, and what not without that Facebook lie. In conclusion it's impossible to say whether mark Zuckerberg is good or bad

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

It's 2022. By now, plenty of people will be born having no understanding of WW2, Nazi Germany, or the Holocaust, and for who these are just abstract backdrops for flashbacks in Marvel movies. There will absolutely be an attempt to use Ye to destigmatize Nazi thinking.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

At the moment, whenever I hear Alex Jones, I imagine him as Dr. Robotnik/Eggman. Just imagine how much more interesting the games would be if you chased the DeathEgg while Robotnik was droning on about demons and sodomites

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I loved those Alex Jones cover songs and remixes. Unfortunately, I think like Dan alluded too, I eventually figured out that they did generate a whole bunch of positive attention for Infowars, including people singing those songs unironically. That soured me a bit on the concept.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Froghammer posted:

WILD reveal at the end of today's live show

(Immediately goes to download episode)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Have the Alex Jones victims managed to get any of the money out of Jones yet?