Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Kinda depends how you want to define "sundering" I guess, but large and growing portions of the Republican base and media empire are outright calling for the destruction of democratic elections when they lose them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now it all depends on how the suit re: him shielding assets unlawfully goes. If that suit isn’t able to clawback money, the sandy hook victims are going to get nothing.

They wouldn't even be this far if Jones was hiring and listening to competent lawyers saying "yeah you should probably actually show up to that court hearing." I consider it a low likelihood that will change. He's just going to get angrier and more unhinged, wanting bigger fights and more thoroughly vanquished enemies. Calming down and taking things seriously in the face of loss and escalation isn't exactly his thing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Cat Puke posted:

They should care about damages. Someone has to stick the knife in politically financially. Alex's type of bullshit has got to become unprofitable or it won't stop.

Got bad news on this front. We're either rounding the bend or already there, hard to tell, where that wouldn't matter anymore on the larger scale. The peddling of fear and hatred has become the core ethos of the right wing.

Grifters and charlatans are absolutely using it for profit, this is an entire thread devoted to one of them. Take for granted the assumption it was possible to make it unprofitable in the face of eternal money-spigot billionaires that want to push the ideology dumping money from above and a bottomless well of idiot rubes handing up cash from below for taint-tanning and survival supplements. I'm not convinced of that assumption, but for the sake of conversation go along with it. Then what?

It won't stop anyway because that's what politics is today. That's how you get power from a rabidly hateful base with the desire to make their perceived enemies suffer over and above fixing any problems.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Froghammer posted:

Just underlying that these people are monsters. Alex started his trump card bankruptcy plan seven years ago and kept it in his back pocket this whole time.

Not necessarily a specifically evil Alex thing. Wealthy elites do strategic bankruptcy all the time. It's just one more law they use to make more money. They just do it "right" by not being loud mouthed assholes on their own show telling everyone exactly the dumb poo poo Jones has said.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

0konner posted:

I think there was a big lore update on the 26th. Alex said Satan is an alien entity stranded on Earth. Has the stranded thing come up before ever?

It's Alex Jones. Give him an hour and a bowl of chili, he'll Etch-a-Sketch his brain and Satan will be something totally different. Whatever he needs for the current ranting and raving narrative.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm not a law-talker, isn't getting cases dismissed bad for Sandy Hook parents?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's full on, 100%, verbatim, white replacement theory coming straight out of Infowars and Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour but they'll lie about it and get away with it. This stochastic terrorism killing spree is exactly what they want and they can completely deny it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
He's not the smart rich that hires an accountant for pennies on the dollar of the output of their financial tricks then just lets their money make even more money that way. He's the 'smart' rich that invests in the next big thing that's guaranteed to make a fortune.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

0konner posted:

No Dan would be better at the easiest way to embarrass Alex in some public debate which is to just have remembered anything Alex said before.

This would not at all work, in the least, in any way, on Alex Jones. Jones is the living embodiment of the Sartre quote. He knows he's full of poo poo and does not at all care. He'd just vomit more bullshit out of his word hole and keep screaming about how you want to gently caress the devil over a child's sacrificed corpse or something. You can argue facts and try to logic at him all day long it won't mean a drat thing, it's using entirely the wrong tool for the situation. You would make just as much progress trying to use trigonometry to fill a bath tub.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Thought Alex loved the nose candy? How can anyone be in to recreational pharmaceuticals and be THAT much of a buzzkill? He acted like the guy people leave parties to avoid.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Would you blame them at all if they were doing both witness testimony and day drinking? The first leading in to the second is a pretty understandable reaction.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Eh, I don't think we'll get the lizard brain happiness we want. You can't harass Jones in any way that is recognisable to normal psychology. He'll just poo poo all over everything and make a three ring circus out of it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Glenn is also loudly and constantly supportive of multiple hard line authoritarian leaders around the globe that would have him locked up or possibly even executed for the crime of having a homosexual relationship but gets super touchy about the topic and criticises Bolsanaro on it regularly.

On a completely unrelated and totally coincidental topic Bolsanaro is the hard line authoritarian leader that has the capability of impacting him, personally, over that relationship. Weird how that works.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I think they would have been suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper careful with that data dump for the ten days required for it to be admissible evidence so I can't see them teasing it like that.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Confusedslight posted:

The end of that episode is so gross. Has Alex learnt absolutely nothing?? Just leave them alone dammit.

He learned he can spend years dragging poo poo out in court by being an insufferable dickhead and make more money in that time than he loses to the final verdict.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Well there's your problem right there.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MA-Horus posted:

I just started reading Sandy Hook, and how The Parents haven't literally torn Alex limb from limb is a bit of a shock to me.

It just gets worse the more you learn about it. Having your kid murdered then hounded by illegal private investigations and violent cultists until you move out of state for fear of life and limb.

Then that and more keeps happening for years, so some rear end in a top hat can shill boner pills.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I would think that would be great evidence in the CT trial. "He's not going to stop unless you punish him a LOT. In fact he did it again just yesterday, look. Punish him for all the dollars."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Marsupial Ape posted:

Wraith Gremlins. Respect the man’s IP, at least.

Eh, it would have to be his to start with. Phone posting from work so I can't remember what but he gave the source for half of his hierarchy of demonology in the clips. He's so day drunk and brain fried he sees movies as more real than reality.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There's a lot of jealousy of Putin mixed in there. They see the treatment of out-groups in Russia and want that here so very, very badly.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Fentry posted:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1590197915649454080

I'm not sure what I was expecting from Alex's election night coverage but this was not it

I give it 7/10. Needs to be a tinfoil hat under there to really sell it authentically.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mauser posted:

Are there any sort of takeaways that you all got for how to approach a friend that's deep into rightwing conspiracy nonsense, for example antivax poo poo? I've got an idiot friend that thought being in shape was good enough defense against COVID so I'm assuming he's a roganite

It's basically cult deprogramming, but it's impossible to remove them from the cult because it's half the political spectrum in the country and makes billions in profit so it's hugely more complicated than normal.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Even knowing Jones' schtick it was pretty uncomfortable listening to him jerk himself raw over the different kinds of violence he spends so much time thinking about perpetrating. Even performatively that was some really unhealthy mental space to be inhabiting.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is 6 months an actual punishment? Feels more like fining Microsoft a million dollars.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
These are right wing grifter poo poo heads though. Six months seems like just enough time to go on Fox and scream "I HAVE BEEN SILENCED". If it's not permanent, or at the very least measured in years, it just doesn't feel like an actual punishment.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oh boy more formulaic objections to hate-listen to? I'm going to get so much painting done this week. How long is this episode?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I just don't give a lot of credit to people who only get mad about poo poo as heinous as everything Infowars has done when it finally swings around to hurting them. Dude just seems to have an axe to grind now that he was fired. Which, yeah, justified within its own scope so go ahead and be mad about that. Don't expect sympathy from me for it though. The decade plus of this poo poo happening to other people wasn't a problem, him getting harassed and fired seems to have made all the difference.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tree Dude posted:

Hard to say if this is the sort of thing KF would cover. They tend to shy away from things about Alex's personal life and things he isn't directly bringing up on the show but a lot of this directly contradicts things he does talk about on the show so I'm not sure. Conservative hypocrisy is about the most played out topic there is but I still feel like it's important to keep highlighting it.

Eh, I'm torn on the conservative hypocrisy thing. Highlighting it doesn't seem to accomplish anything. The root problem is that to a fascist, hypocrisy isn't a problem it's a privilege.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Samovar posted:

No, the point is that you rub their faces in it continually, no matter how much they try to change the subject until they suffer a permanent nervous breakdown.

That's the problem I'm getting at, I don't think they ever will suffer from pointing out their hypocrisy. Again; to fascists this is a privilege. If they're owning the libs with hypocrisy, great, they'll keep doing it. It's another avenue of attack on their enemies. It's only a problem if you have any kind of, I guess, higher level ideology. If all you do is hate and all you want is to attack then gently caress it, hypocrisy all around, play with language, make your interlocuters sound ridiculous.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Your Gay Uncle posted:

That was like, the entire point of the movie is that they don't have rights. That's why they mostly did industrial work, soldiering or sex robots.

Well, that and ambiguity of whether Deckard is a Replicant or not and how that should extend to everyone questioning why others do or do not have rights. rear end in a top hat shithead fuckers like Jones are incapable of comprehending something that starts from a position of empathy though, so welp.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I think Dan made the right call with the SPLC article. I thought they would be funny but it turned out to be just sad. As an avid listener I am well aware of what a piece of poo poo Alex is (billion dollars level rear end in a top hat) and I found myself starting to feel bad for him. Maybe the next few will focus more on Sandy Hook truther stuff but the ones with his wife just make me sad. They make some of the relationships I've been in seem healthy and functional

While there's something to be said for the moral high ground or forgiveness as a virtue or whatever, I don't give Alex any of that in his relationships. That kind of redemption is earned through actions.

He wouldn't have such lovely relationships if he did not spend his entire life being a toxic, hateful cumstain. Being an emotionally manipulative pile of poo poo like his private security stalking for fears of cheating while cheating himself, then pulling full DARVO and acting like he's the innocent and hurt one is not an accident. That's emotional abuse poo poo.

He's doing that to other people and ruining their lives, then complaining that nobody loves him for the paragon of innocence and victimhood he is.

gently caress him he deserves it and I hope he hurts in his soul for every day of his life he continues to do so.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

rotinaj posted:

Roseanne’s brain has taken some serious fuckin’ alcohol damage, huh

Hard to say about actual damage. I'd want to hear her sober first, she was pretty thoroughly sloshed for dealing with good old Jones.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

teen witch posted:

FYI she had a TBI in her teens and apparently it drastically changed her behavior.

Like there is a lot going on with her, which loving sucks, I dug her when I was younger. But she isn’t doing as well as she used to be doing and that Alexander Jomes is not helping.

They were both really quick to bust out the booze and start celebrating. I didn't get the vibe in this specific interview that she was having any kind of brain damage or whatever, she just came off as pretty deep in a bottle right from the start and going deeper throughout.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm really glad to hear them spend so much time and be so thorough about how everything Alex, and those like him, says is just meaningless lies and should be ignored for the contradictory, irrelevant, bullshit conversational camouflage it is. I dearly wish more and more sources would stop chasing their tails trying to decipher the lies and just point out that the cruelty really is the point and gently caress these people they're hateful bigots.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What kind of broken individual do you have to be to listen to these idiots sit around spouting off high-deas about magic and their super psychic grandmothers and by the way it's all the trans Jewish antifa people's fault somebody should kill them. I mean god [b]drat[/i], it just makes no sense. With Coast to Coast AM stoners and truckers at 3 AM could just listen to goofy poo poo but nope Alex has to be a hateful fascist gently caress.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mercury_Storm posted:

The OG Nazis had a lot of crazy mysticism and ancestral magic too. Also that "useless eaters" comment from Pim Tool is like a direct Nazi quote/ideology and he also had Kanye on, spouting more Nazi poo poo with probably less pushback than Jones even. :wtc:

Yeah that one was super loving bonkers to be hearing in the wild. That poo poo was being trumpeted from the bad guys and brain washing a teenager in to suicide in Man In The High Castle but here's home boy just casually saying "Yeah everyone I don't like politically is a useless eater. We should maybe do something about that. Ya'know, for the kids."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
North had the perfect approach for under cutting Jones' bullshit. Take what he said, ask the obvious follow on question, and treat him like an unruly toddler when he blithers out some childish bullshit that's not an answer.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

0konner posted:

Lol alex starts off Wednesday’s show saying how good and politically wise Charles Lindbergh was. From his hotel room he’s been broadcasting from and getting redder and worse looking as the week goes on.

I fully support the idea of him stroking out from angry blood pressure while seeing his empire collapse. That would be a fitting end to his hate filled life.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

teen witch posted:

I dug the Tuck n Roll side show! I’m also really loving disgusted how pretty undeniably antisemitic that man is holy poo poo. Like I thought it was bad but this is…he did similar poo poo when he was on Fox???

Also Dan calling him bowtie is delightful.

Tucker has used blatant, word-for-word white supremacist rhetoric while he was on Fox. Like, not even a fig leaf. Straight up saying poo poo like great replacement theory is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Can't drop something like that then not claim which one it was.