Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Listening to the Halloween party episode which is basically Rashomon except every different perspective of the night is from the same person

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I went to the basement and noticed a few cockroaches hanging around and thought to myself, "it's time to spray."

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

0konner posted:

My friend who put me on to the show took a long time to get it too. IMO “data conflict” would have been where I’d go for synonyms.

teen witch posted:

Intelligence Combat? Evidence Brawl?

Infowars and knowledge fight both follow the same syllable pattern and knowledge fight is just a hilarious combination of words. If I were to make a podcast about Knowledge Fight it would be Wisdom Brawl.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I've been going back through the old episodes and have to remind myself that Jordan is living through the Trump admin and cut him some slack for all the yelling

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Episode 182 about the Jim Bakker show where they have a doomsday guy on as Bakker's guest starts off with possibly one of the funniest exchanges I've heard on the podcast

Dan: so what do you know about Irvin Baxter
JorDan: i know that if you're an actual doctor you should not be anywhere near this show.
D: I got some thoughts about him being a doctor.
J: and they are all no.
D: well... I don't know how much I want to give away, but I will say that Irvin Baxter has no formal education

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

All time greatest mispronunciation on Alex's part was saying Nike like it's spelled over and over again

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Sometimes my phone messes up the streaming and the player stops, other times it's just Alex doing a loving 7 second pause while he's trying to think. loving so much dead air in some of the clips

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

The movie and tv show thing is so consistent across all the weirdos. I really liked his interpretation of the Watchmen where (writ of) ozymandamus was the good guy when he even explains his evil plot to the characters at the end, which is such a cliche villain trope that goes right over Alex's head.

They've mentioned it on the show before, but on the recent episode covering 2003 or something super early, he's just doing a straight rip off of Rush's speech patterns and voice, it's infuriating. I want to say something like I can excuse racism, but I draw the line at lack of artistic integrity.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Mercury_Storm posted:

Does rampant drinking kill you faster than smoking? Fans of Rush Limbaugh's early grave want to know.

:lol:

Maybe. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I think it might be easier to completely gently caress your liver up before lung cancer kicks in, but I think both will give you heart disease, which might kick in way early.

In any case it looks like he's got a cigarette in his mouth in the first couple seconds of the YouTube video, so he's speed running it.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

joylessdivision posted:

He might be an abomination of a human being but I can't argue with a smoke and a beer together. I don't even particularly drink anymore and there's still nothing quite like a cold beer and cigarette to just enjoy a moment.

As a person who's probably still gonna smoke a cigarette or five when a wedding rolls around, this is a thing I am totally on board with.

Digital Jedi posted:

Omg Kerry Cassidy did a music album. This rules

How are you listening to the same episodes as me at the same time? I just listened to that one the other night while caulking the shower. Wait until you get to 228 because so far it's classic Alex rebelling against the DMV at the start.

I forget what the circumstance was, but Alex rolling around to some mundane gov bureaucracy that interfaces with the public and the demonic civil servant blithely asking him "how's it going Alex?" is like top 10 of the recordings they've played for me.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I wonder if the ad is related to some Alex Jones google searches I've done :tinfoil:

Edit: I think I had a mypatriotsupply ad the other day too

Mauser fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 7, 2022

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

They did a whole investigation on the pivot to him being pro-russia and it seems like a combination of direct flattery from RT with possible actual Russian agents during his RT interview as well as Alex being the exact target demo for Russian propaganda (stupid as hell and bigoted).

They mentioned at one point during one of his money bombs that he got like a million dollars in Bitcoin as a single donation and my conspiracy theory is that he's been getting donations from Russia

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I find it plausible that Russian intelligence met with him and made him an offer because I see him as an easily bought disloyal piece of poo poo and everyone knows he's a huge liar so who cares if he talks about it. He'll admit to meeting with them, but he would never say that they bought him and even then, who would believe him?

It's also much more plausible that his malformed world view aligns perfectly with Russian propaganda world building and his low effort outfit is happy to take preformed narratives and run with it. He cites RT articles all the time and he barely reads the headlines.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

loving first Lionel episode in the back catalogue with Jordan singing along with the theme song every time

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Youngevity sounds like a scam company in an absurd satire.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Are there any sort of takeaways that you all got for how to approach a friend that's deep into rightwing conspiracy nonsense, for example antivax poo poo? I've got an idiot friend that thought being in shape was good enough defense against COVID so I'm assuming he's a roganite

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

yeah, i tried telling him that I am a public health professional and this is a thing i work on, but he definitely knows better than me, selling real estate in WV. gently caress

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I was waiting for Alex to give us his stance on the Norman Conquest of England and we'll now I know that he is anti that whole thing.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Piell posted:

So Elon Musk and Alex Jones believe the exact same poo poo
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608817599609176065

That article talks about like three people, but that's what he links to assert that this movement is everywhere. The article even says it's super rare to find people like that guy.

Just so loving stupid.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Oh wow, just listened to the Glenn Greenwald interview of Alex and the fawning and leading questions were loving pathetic. That guy sucks really hard.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I'm pretty sure you have to win a contest or meet Alex in a hot tub in order to become a lawyer for Alex Jones

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Good lord him trying ape Rush Limbaugh is so blatant in the past episodes. 2 terrible things together. Like making GBS threads on a pile of vomit.

I honestly don't know which is more grating his rush impression or his modern voice

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Yikes about those text messages to his wife and the private security guy stalking her

Edit: though, I will say that this is what I picture when I imagine a stereotypical marriage between southern conservatives

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

maybe it's for his friend Pat?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Yeah, not to diminish what they're all going through, but I prefer laughing at a fake crying baby and this real stuff is a bit too much for me

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Referring to Alex being out and another employee covering his show that day, Dan's narration: "there's no one on Earth that has six hours of interesting things to say in a day, and if there is a person it's not Owen."

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I miss the "I'm Dan, this is 2020" joke

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Tree Dude posted:

Alex being forced to listen to soap man's limericks was one of my favorite things. After he was done reciting one Alex would respond with a long pause, sigh... fake laugh "that was great" almost every time.

As his crimes got worse and worse over time, the karmic punishment for those crimes increased proportionally.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Dangerous Person posted:

As much as I love this podcast I have no desire to go through the entire backlog. I'll definitely check out older episodes if there is something good though

Not terribly old, but if you haven't listened to episode 630-633 you should check those out. The first one is titled "No one is mad at the crew" and it's just a bunch of freakouts which I believe led to Dan's newer technocrat drop soundbites with Alex threatening to walk out of the door and never come back.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

:)

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I'm still listening to older episodes (589) and Alex is really hammering how the Anglo-Saxon culture is why we have democracy or various good things and in the same breath he brings up King Arthur as I guess the foundation of this Anglo-Saxon culture. I appreciate the guys mentioning that King Arthur is almost certainly a character from fiction, but they missed the biggest dunk by omitting that King Arthur's primary enemy was the invading Anglo-Saxons, being a post-Roman Celtic king of myth.

So Alex is definitely pro Anglo-Saxon invaders and simultaneously pro King Arthur. The only consistency I see is that he was firmly against William the Conqueror many centuries later. We're still missing his take on the Angevin kings of England, the Tudors, the Stuarts, and the Hanoverians, but I believe he is anti house of Windsor.

What I'm saying is that Alex is a royalist, but for the house of Godwin and I'm assuming that he thinks anything after 1066 is illegitimate.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

0konner posted:

Roseanne was in studio today. And Jones made a stunning presidential endorsement https://youtu.be/6Ah7U3inHZ4

Lol he's definitely not mad at the crew.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

On am older episode Dan introduced a segment where a guest named Steve was going to come on and they mentioned that there were a lot of Steve's on Infowars and how certain names might make you prejudge someone as being untrustworthy. Dan's comment was that "an Infowars Steve is like a real life Scooter"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

"I i just don't think you should compliment Hitler."

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Lol I saw some literal "researching in my mind" thinking on these forums and thought of Alex

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Update on Alex's stance on historical kings: not a fan of the Frankish descendants of Clovis I, thinks they're tied to illuminati and satanists

This information comes to us thanks to his review of the movie Matrix Reloaded

Mauser fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 2, 2023

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I would prefer that reporting refer to Alex Jones as a dick pill salesman in the headlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

no, I'm going to hold onto the gold for you, but I'll give you a certificate that says you own this amount of gold stored safely in the vault. No you can't see the gold.