Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I am so happy there's a thread for this amazing podcast. I'm listening to #641 now and it's pure quality all the way through. I am still trying to comprehend Wolfgang Halbig's emails. Absolutely unbelievable. Unbelievable, and sickening.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Giving someone life is giving someone death. You could say... Life is death

Thank you for this. I heard it in my head as I read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

The intro song has made me laugh like crazy for like four years

Rah need I need money

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

We ain’t makin that money off that Q

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

I will never not laugh when I hear the name “Dr. Marbles”.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Jeeeesus.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Hewlett posted:

In case people are wondering why Dan's bright spot was the 2009 Nicolas Cage film Knowing, it's because he and Jordan are actually guesting on the next episode of my podcast! I co-host Travolta/Cage, a biweekly podcast going through the filmographies of John Travolta and Nicolas Cage in chronological order, alongside writer and former AV Club head writer Nathan Rabin. So if you want to hear them go easy on Knowing and hear us tear apart Oliver Stone's vulgar, messy Savages, keep your earholes peeled about two weeks from now!

Wow, you’ve had some fantastic guests! Subscribed :rms:

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Wow, I'm listening to #274 that Robert Evans co-hosts for the first time, and it's legitimately the saddest episode I have heard.

This is the one where Alex, Paul Joseph Watson, and Owen do an AMA, and Alex gets blackout, near pass-out, drunk on air. I cannot believe that at least Owen did not try to stop the show when Alex became literally incoherent.

I'm still listening, but my best guess for why they didn't stop it, is that Alex would have become belligerent at the insinuation that he was unfit to host. I wouldn't want to be the one to try and cut him off, either on-air or at the bar.

Still, I can't help feeling a little bad for him. I've struggled with drinking and it certainly doesn't help you see the world in a positive light.

I just listened to this. My god. What a car crash indeed.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Does anyone have any recommendations for episodes to listen to?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Tree Dude posted:

Amanda Moore seems okay but I wish she had slightly better podcast chops. I can forgive the poor quality of her audio and I'm sure that's compounding my issues but I'm having a hard time following her responses because she speaks very quickly and a little scattered and with a fair amount of "filler words."

I'm early in the interview though. Maybe I'll click into her wavelength or she'll settle in.

I found this too. I was also having trouble parsing her California (?? not sure, I'm Aussie) accent.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

Whenever I suggest KF to somebody, that's the podcast I start them with. "Ok, there's going to be a left turn in there. I am not saying when or what it is, but text me when it takes that turn".

Which episode is this?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

His "soft 'yes' on white genocide" is something I think about from time to time.

What’s the context here? What did he say?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Froghammer posted:

So a trailer for Alex's documentary just dropped? The person making it kinda seems like they're angling for the Dinesh D'Souza "I am a censored documentarian" grift market, so it'll presumably be sympathetic to the point of being fawning.

Ugh. More fuel for Alex's narcissism engine. This is made by the same person who made "TFW NO GF". Has anyone seen that?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Froghammer posted:

Hearing Greenwald talk is excruciating

His interview technique is terrible. Those questions seemed to go on forever, jesus. I’ve never heard of this guy before this episode, is he a big deal in the US?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

After the Hillary’s email situation, he realized that shilling for the right wing made him money. He burned a source that had leaked information on Russian interference in 2016 which caused her to be sentenced to jail after the Trump admin went after her.

This caused him to get fired/leave his reporting job. After that, he started a sub stack just to shill right wing BS especially about “journalistic integrity”, “cancel culture” and “wokeness”. He regularly appears on Tucker Carlson as the “former liberal (gay man) who realized how far the left and the media has gone wrong”.

Also, he lives in Brazil where Bolsonaro hates gay men and Glenn has started promoting Bolsonaro’s agenda recently.

Ugh, sorry I asked. I hate everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

FFT posted:

It's only been due to the tweets lately that I realized Jordan has been saying "and I'm gotobedjordan" not "and nowgotobedjordan" this whole time

fucks sake me too hahaha