Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Inspector Hound posted:

The intro song has made me laugh like crazy for like four years

*violent, ungodly retching* iloveyou

Also, piling on to say I just started listening to this podcast a couple of weeks ago and I'm now fully hooked. It took me several batches to get through the 4-hour deposition episode from last week, but boy howdy was it worth the ride. Hearing Alex pinned down and trying to squirm feebly out of the rhetorical traps the lawyers set out for him is incredible, but somehow hearing Daria coolly explain that if you have a heart you too would make up incredible conspiracy theories to downplay children's deaths broke me. Add to that her vague, means-nothing definition of a "good journalist" ("someone who seeks the truth"), even as she admits she doesn't know what Wolfgang Halbig even did during his "investigations." Truly people who will rewrite reality in the moment to suit their needs rather than admit any culpability for their actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

In case people are wondering why Dan's bright spot was the 2009 Nicolas Cage film Knowing, it's because he and Jordan are actually guesting on the next episode of my podcast! I co-host Travolta/Cage, a biweekly podcast going through the filmographies of John Travolta and Nicolas Cage in chronological order, alongside writer and former AV Club head writer Nathan Rabin. So if you want to hear them go easy on Knowing and hear us tear apart Oliver Stone's vulgar, messy Savages, keep your earholes peeled about two weeks from now!

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

teen witch posted:

Holy poo poo! I didn’t know Rabin cohosted and hellooooo new subscription! there better be an episode on wild at heart

Oh yes there is! We're nearly 50 eps in, and the slide into the 2010s has been... rough for both of them. (More so for Travolta, though, especially as the gap widens and Cage makes more movies on average than ol' Johnny.)

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Dan Dan the Mustard Man

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

jase1 posted:

Sometimes I just want Jordan to shut up so Dan can get his point out. I love this podcast and I started from the first episode. Jordan is starting to get on my nerves. Does he tone it down at all? I really like when he steps back from the mic and howls but other than that he is quite annoying.

It is occasionally grating whenever Jordan blusters through an exaggerated comedic response/extrapolation of a point Dan is making more subtly, only for Dan to have to push back on it saying he wouldn't go that far, etc.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

teen witch posted:

“Pardon my language, [slur]” is the most northeast_racism.txt I’ve ever loving heard.

I didn’t need to know he was from RI, that accent told me from jump street

E: Bidondi pronouncing sources as “sauces” is killing me

Same with pronouncing "chastise" "castise"

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Yeah, I was really pleased with Jordan's energy here; he still has the caffeinated zeal, but when he's not having to scream impotently at the latest bit of RWM tomfoolery, it makes for an energetic, pleasant interview style.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I think the only real thing that gets me about Jordan's interjections are the moments where it throws Dan off -- where Dan then has to stop to talk him down from whatever edgy, oversimplified diatribe he's led himself down, or to stop him from saying something incendiary he doesn't really mean. There's an animal appeal to him being our Anger Translator(tm), sure, but when he tries to follow it up with an attempted understanding of the issues they're talking about, a lot of times Dan has to 'no, but' him in response. That's where some of the discomfort comes in for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Yeah, as the HBO doc reminded us, even the times he admits he got Sandy Hook "wrong" he pins it on the government for being so untrustworthy. "The globalists lie so much, I was bound to get it wrong at some point! That's just the name of the game!"