Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Froghammer posted:

I'm still dying to know what Reset Wars is

The most important work of Alex's life.

Hraathgar posted:

I've been listening this podcast on and off since the Alex Jones BtB episode. One thing that I have been wondering is that how aware the Alex and Infowars team are about them?

Like has infowars ever covered them or something? The clips in the intro mix make me wonder. Would Alex have recognized Dan during the deposition?

One of the Not-Alexes (Harrison?) talked on-air about the New York Times article about Knowledge Fight. Alex has never said anything directly, though at one point he complained about people accusing him of killing someone and Dan couldn't figure out where that could be coming from other than KF.

My read is Alex is generally aware of KF existing but recognizing Dan might be a stretch. It's just one more globalist attack among many and who can keep all that straight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

DarklyDreaming posted:

That's also my guess at this point, especially after hearing the deposition tapes. When someone criticizes him, regardless of context he doesn't see actual people, he sees chess pieces moved in front of him by the hand of The Devil

Part of me wants to think he knows exactly who Dan is and that him being there to help shows how deeply in poo poo he is, but I can't imagine Alex has that kind of self-awareness or connection to reality.

I remember pre-KF when I thought he was just a grifter. Now I think he 100% is a grifter but is also quite insane and the grift is almost like an automatic thing he's doing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I apologize. I'm not mad at the thread.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

A few episodes ago his conspiracy was finding people with compatible DNA to accept the machines which is literally the plotline of the Deus Ex series. I love when I recognize what he's recycling.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

"Researching in my mind" may be my favorite Alex phrase. Incredible.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah when they've gotten into early Alex episodes he's still a huge rear end in a top hat but it definitely seems like he knows what he's doing. He's capable of some introspection, human interaction. He can talk to callers who disagree with him without freaking out. Different vibe from anything recent. It reminds me a LOT of the posters with terminal irony poisoning I've seen around here and Twitter.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I never told you guys, but actually I was the first person to get covid and I cured myself.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

It's over for humanity.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Someone, someone... a sodomite... sent me a bucket of poop.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

SetSliRol posted:

The moment in the deposition where the lawyer just deadpan asks "Mr. Jones, how many people have you killed?" was fantastic.

It was incredible. I was hoping for a bunch of follow ups on KF lore just to clear things up. Maybe there'll be more depositions and he can sneak in more treats for us.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Before you do the Dew keep in mind "worse" means "stupider" here. Dew doesn't seem like a psycho the way Daria does, he's just the dumbest person on Earth.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

My dad was like that. Not to the same extreme fortunately, but he had a stash of weapons, survival food, and trade goods in his house for after the Obamapocalypse. Also lots of gold because once the communists end civilization gold coins will be useful for... some reason.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

But it's the only real investment.

(checks value of gold vs what he would've had if he'd put it in index funds)

oh no

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Murgos posted:

So, I just ran some back tests on portfolio visualizer and if you had invested in gold in ~1999 to 2002 (gold was at an all time low and the stock market was over valued) you are actually keeping fairly close pace with the US Stock Market.

Most of the rest of the time it's not so hot.

I did the actual numbers when I was dealing with his estate because I hate myself and wanted to see how much money he lost by living in a talk radio world. He would've made over twenty times more from index funds than his coin poo poo. :shepicide:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

George Noory loving sucks. Art Bell Coast to Coast was fun, and while Art let you say any insane poo poo on air I never really got the vibe he believed any of it, he was just having fun. Sometimes he'd push back on stuff that was too stupid even for Coast to Coast. And I remember a few incidents where some started veering into anti-Semitic and other kinds of offensive stuff and he'd shut it down.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I loled at that because I had just been discussing that I really want one of those mugs, but I will not give Roger money for one so alas.

Roger's my favorite one I think, maybe equal to Steve. Nobody goes for it like those two.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Firstscion posted:

How could you forget Leo Zagami he did 9/11

I haven't listened far enough back to have heard much of Leo.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

The new Policy Wonk sound bite is fun but I’ll miss “m-my neck is freakishly large”.

Take a liiitle necky

A liiiiiiiiiiiitle necky for meeeeeee

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I'm glad they acknowledged the little breakie thing today because I've been thinking "a liiiitle breakie for meee" like ten times a day since they changed drops.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Anyone know the Leo airport episode offhand? I'm trying to search the tracker but it won't show anything but his first appearance.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Deep dive on Leo Zagami is episode 318. Holy poo poo.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I blissfully have no awareness of Jones beyond listening to KF so didn't know she was on again. Between that and Russia pulling the trigger I am sorry Dan's not getting a liiiiiittle breakie for him.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Friday is going to be quite the day.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Lionel contains multitudes. Just not carried in a backpack.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah, sometimes he makes Dan unusually mad and has to be put in a liiiiiiiitle time out-ey. Wacky Wednesday if there's anything good, or some time traveling episodes.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

It's amazing I've listened to like 300 KF episodes and I was still blown away by that proof Alex was right video. That's some balls.

Then the dude who called in and proved that oh, yeah, that poo poo works just fine on his listeners.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Sweary Kerry is also very into Q since she's the world's most gullible person, so it may have gotten less fun.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Megabound posted:

I just assumed that Alex had to know and Free Speech Systems would have had to reach out. Now I want to know in what capacity did they reach out? I'm guessing lawsuit.

I wonder if this is why there's a stretch where Dan plays clips a couple times of Alex saying on air that anyone is allowed to use and replay any InfoWars material any way they like.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

There was that time back when they were still doing the "probably technically killed a guy" sign off when Alex complained about the Globalists accusing him of murder.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

They don't have guests often but they've lined up an appearance by the Literal Christian Devil for it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Jones started out doing a Rush Limbaugh impression, and as much as Rush was garbage, he knew how to do radio. The Ben Shapiro types don't. Also Jones has occasional shreds of humanity within the shambling mass of his bullshit. The new generation types like Shapiro are automatons designed from birth to spit talking points. There's no person in there, nothing to relate to.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Dan implied a Wacky Wednesday for this week, hoping Project Camelot had a good episode.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Antigravitas posted:

"They admit this" still takes the cake imo.

Listening to Alex has ruined the words "admit" and "confirmed" for me. I now automatically think bullshit when I hear them.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I just assumed it was because he's a witch since last night I listened to the first time he brought up Knowing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I cannot believe Dr. Marbles exists.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah I don't think even InfoWars is dumb enough to send in people without a lawyer, but I think their role would just be to argue if they think a question is not allowed or tell the client when they shouldn't answer something. Unless they want to be grandstanding dickholes.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The most recent Opening Arguments is also about how hosed Alex is if you want more.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Supremists.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

jase1 posted:

Sometimes I just want Jordan to shut up so Dan can get his point out. I love this podcast and I started from the first episode. Jordan is starting to get on my nerves. Does he tone it down at all? I really like when he steps back from the mic and howls but other than that he is quite annoying.

I've been listening to the show backwards and Jordan gets more annoying the further back I go. In the more recent times I didn't know why people complain about him so much, I don't find him irritating at all. So the answer is yes, he does tone it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

They should do an all callers episode, much like Alex. It's interesting hearing these fuckin weirdos from 2003.