Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

working hard, thank you!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

LanceHunter posted:

Yeah, as viscerally enjoyable as the stories may be, it's a bad idea to consider them anything but fiction that must be viewed critically. Because it's all be fun and games until one of your co-workers who is way too into Reddit takes it all way too seriously and decides to...

...leaving you to pick up the pieces.

so i must read it critically to prevent my coworker from reading it uncritically? what are you talking about

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

LanceHunter posted:

When you read it critically and can point out the the agenda of the piece, then you're better equipped to point those things out to your coworker who may be reading it uncritically.

Yes, I understand the massive leap I am making in assuming that anyone in YOSPOS actually has social conversations with their coworkers.

sorry but im not gonna talk about reddit with my coworkers. and im not gonna stop them if they want to sabotage or burn the place down or whatever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

imagine your coworker complaining about work and you start saying stuff like "well you see, the boss actually has it hard too..."