Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

I’m dumber and slower than I was a few years ago

my glasses prescription gets worse every year

I don’t remember things too good anymore

I don’t learn things as good or as fast as before

I’m impulsive and have started making a lot more snap decisions to get snacks and avoid work decisions and research in favor of checking something on my phone

I keep putting off putting clean laundry away STUFF and get scared of playing games or jamming on my pc instead of just being on the couch watching poo poo on yt

what’s happening to me

edited to be accurate for me

im doing the same thing. part of me wants to get checked out for add, another part just wants to chalk it up as getting old

basically i think that for the past 30-odd years ive been compensating for my general difficulties focusing with a really good memory. i also got lucky that in general, reading/learning most topics is something that holds my attention so i did well in school. anyway, now that my memory is getting worse, i cant really bounce around from one thing to the other without losing context (whether for ingesting information or producing code/specifications/music/whatever)

kinda sucks, maybe i should tell a doctor about it. i apparently forgot to take my medicine yesterday and the day before despite my pill container being <2ft from me and having a phone alarm to remind me. i got distracted between turning the alarm off and taking it. i can compensate by making a new rule where i dont turn off my alarm before i take my medicine, but...that seems kinda like a red flag

it probably also has to do with burnout or smth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah that tracks