Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Hughlander posted:

I'm sill trying to use Obsidian, but I think I'm missing a lot of hotkeys or default behaviors. Maybe it's that I have nested folders, but in evernote it's a lot easier to find a note because my sidebar is a list of shortcuts, a list of recent edited notes, then if i go far enough below that i get a two column of folders and clicking into the folder I get the notes.

In Obsidian, I just get a list of folders and if expanded all notes in there, and that is having trouble scaling at 100 notes, when I don't even want to think about what the 2-3000 notes I have in Evernote would look like.

I typically just use the quick switcher or the quick switcher++ add on with the key rebound to ctrl-p so it works off the same muscle memory as the switcher in sublime text and vscode. The utility of the treeview sidebar doesn’t really scale once you have a ton of notes ime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Glad this epic thread picked up some steam. I have moved most of my stuff to Notion because I somewhat need the project management crap and ability to easily add pics and files and stuff but obsidian is still quite epic. Notion is not as good about being able to instantly link pages and drop new notes I feel. I'm not really using it as much of a wiki as I would like. Anyone successfully using it that way or?

Any interest in a Notion thread????

I've just started one up for my team at work to try and wean them off the 15 sharepoints and million excel spreadsheets they're currently failing to share information with. I also kind of need the project management crap but I doubt I will get much buy-in, but at least it'll help me be more organised I guess

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 18, 2023