Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The authentic antebellum experience: some rear end in a top hat puts you in chains and forces you to cook for everyone and you get to eat the worst food and maybe some scraps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
A fine dining establishment where you get 5 waiters/waitresses and you don't go 75 seconds without being asked if you're doing ok, would you like some more drink, does the food taste good?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

PureEvil6_13 posted:

A fine dining establishment where you get 5 waiters/waitresses and you don't go 75 seconds without being asked if you're doing ok, would you like some more drink, does the food taste good?

I miss grandma :smith:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
A microwave burrito joint coupled with an all you can eat broccoli bar

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

the server switches places with either you or your date and you have to wait on them

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

A restaurant where the waiter asks if you want something and keeps piling it on your plate whether you want it or not. Standing up for yourself results in a screaming match you can't escape.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Chicago Style Paella (It is served in a deep dish with neon green pickle relish).

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

a regular restaurant but instead of food every dish served is just a bowl of hot fresh diarrhoea

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Au Natural: you catch whatever vermin you can grab with your bare hands and we cook it!

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Dammit now I feel bad for my restaurant idea.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

a vegan restaurant that only serves raw infected meat

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A fine dining restaurant that serves strictly Gamer Food.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Dr. Eaton's bistro and dentistry clinic.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Hairstaurant where you have to eat hair

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
A restaurant where you make your own slow roasted bbq.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The Bitter Pill.

The Daily Slop.

Viscera by the Bucket.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 12, 2022

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Good waitstaff is trained to watch their tables to time this specifically as they raise the fork to their lips to begin moving towards them.
It allows them to get to the "Did I ask you twice?" criterea during a meal and the house knows you can't answer with your fat loving face full of gravy you piss pig. It's an art.

Think about THAT the next time you're ONLY frustrated that "Yea everything's fine or I'd have said..."

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Lord of the Rings - Tolkien themed place that serves many flavors of onion rings.
A Titanic themed restaurant that serves the same menu the Titanic had. Built on the water, the entire place sinks in the middle of dinner every night.
CockSmokers - a dining establishment that serves delicious smoked upland game birds and chicken.
A restaurant that only has bagged cold cereal and Sanka on the menu

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
McFuglio's REAL Italian-Irish-American Restaurante and Beefstro

Between Walmart and AAAA (the extra A is for AAction!) Bail Bonds, tucked away behind 5 large wooden double doors connecting 4 small seating areas with no air conditioning is one of northwest Central Florida's hidden gems: a fusion Italian-Irish-American restaurant that seeks to inspire the mouth and soul.

At McFuglio's, you can have an authentico shepard's piesta, a large meatball stuffed with undercooked pasta with your choice of skinny or crinkle cut fry topping. Our signature dishes also include the Also Bucco, a bone-in chicken nuggets dish, and the Monty Christo, our deluxe sandwich made of boiled p-nuts, Thousand Island Italian dressing and iceberg lettuce served on pages of the book of Revelations.

Try our Finn McDrool, a 64 ounce sangria made with Guinness and pina colada mix!

For an authentico experienco, we hire large middle-aged men to sit on the other side of your booth seat to push backwards and open mouth cough occasionally (please note: due to the recent PLANdemic, we are short staffed on coughers, tyvm).

The 25 cent sticker machine is broken, please stop asking about it.

This can also be a Florida-themed restaurant

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
I have an idea for a Free to Eat restaurant with pay-to-win mechanics in the form of loot boxes. You can sit down to eat for free and receive a small bowl of flavorless starch, and for one dollar each open a physical loot box that could contain anything from a ham sandwich to a 400 dollar steak dinner with all the fixings - the contents are random. I think this could work honestly.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Outrail posted:

A restaurant where the waiter asks if you want something and keeps piling it on your plate whether you want it or not. Standing up for yourself results in a screaming match you can't escape.

There is a really good short film by Denis Villeneuve like this

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Scruffyhawk posted:

I have an idea for a Free to Eat restaurant with pay-to-win mechanics in the form of loot boxes. You can sit down to eat for free and receive a small bowl of flavorless starch, and for one dollar each open a physical loot box that could contain anything from a ham sandwich to a 400 dollar steak dinner with all the fixings - the contents are random. I think this could work honestly.

This would be HUGE to the gaming community if you could figure out how to get them out of their homes.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Scruffyhawk posted:

I would go here. Especially if there was a small chance of getting something totally bizarre or non food related

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It could work and that's what makes it bad.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Snooki's Deli, Bait Shop and Tattoo Parlor

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

A soup restaurant with no tables, chairs, bowls or cutlery. They put the soup in your cupped hands and you just stand around and slurp it from your hand-bowl

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

a restaurant where the owner will make you a hotdog but only if you install his vent hood for him

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
A Benihana type restaurant but Americanized. A guy dressed in cargo shorts and a polo shirt dumps an entire bag of Kingsford into a rusty Weber and douses it with lighter fluid. Everyone claps as he drop the match and a giant fireball appears before the table. Diners get to choose between a burger or hotdog. Those with food allergies are allowed to bring their veggie burger, "beyond Chicken" or other frozen patty to be cooked on the grill.

The chef doesn't do any knife tricks, he just sits in a lawn chair drinking cheap beer and scrolling on his phone. Occasionally looking up to tell the kids to stop playing with the hose. Just when you think your burger has been on too long and is overcooked, he presses down on the patty, resulting in all the juices falling down on the fire ensuring that each patty has 3mm of urnt crust. You condiment choices are American cheese, ketchup and yellow mustard, all stone cold so your burger is lukewarm in seconds.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A restaurant that offers an affordable and accessible "eating sushi off of a person" experience by choosing a random customer to be that evening's table.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

A soup restaurant with no tables, chairs, bowls or cutlery. They put the soup in your cupped hands and you just stand around and slurp it from your hand-bowl

I like this idea, but instead of your hands, the place employs people dressed in all white, wearing white balaclava's with white bowls strapped to their heads and they get down on all fours in front of you and you have to eat the soup out of their weird white head bowls while they just silently stare at you.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You Are My Long Lost Brother: the surroundings are very posh but you only get to eat after resolving all the myriad ridiculous family plots and issues.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
An escape room dining experience, where you only reach the food if you solve a puzzle.

... But the food is just part of another puzzle!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
A place to get home cooked meals but he wait staff keeps asking when they are going start seeing any grandchildren and aren't you totally over that whole "lesbian phase" yet

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Beyond the Pail: A restaurant where all food and beverages are served in pails. Not full ones of course, the food and drink is just regular sized and served in giant awkward containers.

Corvid's: A restaurant focused entirely on serving meals to people that have lost some sort of bet or been made to look foolish.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

A restaurant where you have to use an iPad mini bolted to a shelf at eyebrow height, after you make your selections a cartoon of Huckleberry Hound dances and your meal items are listed and sung by an autotuned but bored helper

the same bored helper who is smoking a joint prepares your meal with a broken second hand TurboChef that spouts green flames when anything is inserted

all your food is shaped like El Kabong's banjo

as you receive your meal at your stand-up only table with no seating, a guy of middle eastern descent walks in, tries to sell you a book about cirrhosis or something, has already looked you up on facebook instagram and posts pointed, personal material of an uncomfortable nature on his and @s you

when you leave he pushes open the door with his foot and demands you come back and buy more food or he will threaten to post pages from his book onto your facebook / instagram

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

ANIME the restaurant: you have to order in broken Japanese and every food item looks like it was hastily drawn on the plate with neon markers.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
There's a big titty anime girl streamed into a monitor in each anonymous eating booth that "eats" with you, and each plate you take off the conveyor gets you a thanks and compliment. The daily special is rebranded as her favourite, and gets you double the relationship points. Also there's a slot machine where you can pay for random additional parasocial interactions.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
Inbox: The Restaurant.

It's a normal restaurant, except the staff occasionally throws slices of Spam at you every time someone in your group gets a spam email, regardless of where you are.

Le Cigar Volant

Extremely high-end restaurant that only accepts payment in the form of you shouting "NILES!" until you heat up 1 cc of Sherry 1 degree Celsius.

Poutine on the Ritz

Self-explanatory. That is the only item on the menu. You must pay by tap dancing.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Decoy Badger posted:

There's a big titty anime girl streamed into a monitor in each anonymous eating booth that "eats" with you, and each plate you take off the conveyor gets you a thanks and compliment. The daily special is rebranded as her favourite, and gets you double the relationship points. Also there's a slot machine where you can pay for random additional parasocial interactions.

My idea was bad enough as it was, that takes it to the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

all the waiters carry giant swords and 'free hugs' signs on their back (if you ask for a hug they threaten you with the sword)

when they finish taking your order they shout back the names of all the items while assuming a significant pose

ITS BEEF RAMEN! ITS DIET COKE WITH A TWIST OF LEMON! ITS EXTRA NAPKINS!!