Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis: rotting garbage or you get pelted with apples, your pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Menstrual restaurant: serves meals heavy on tomato sauce, strawberry jam, blood sausage, etc

Myers-Briggs restaurant: one set menu and one table offered per personality type. You must sit with your fellow four-letter diners.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

A steak restaurant where it all seems fine, but then when they bring out your steak it's actually a "stake" and the waiters all get out their phones and film you getting angry that you've been ripped off, and they're like, "it's just a prank bro hahaha", filming and laughing for ages

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Burger King

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Le Dank Meme: this restaurant is sadly doomed to appear someday. There's no stopping it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Boston Market

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'd like to see a restaurant similar to the Sushi Train concept but with a super amped up train. I want it to feel like the wild west and you're trying to catch a speeding train only you're trying to catch our delicious Sizzlin' Steam Train Fajitas as they travel by at over 50 miles an hour. And be careful, they're HOT!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a restaurant where you pre-order your food six months to a year ahead of time and all the ingredients are grown personally for you

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
a theme restauraunt based around the tables being wobbly and needing to ask the waitstaff for some sugar packets to put underneath.

at the end of your meal they put a marble on the table and if it doesn't roll off you get 5% off your bill

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
A slop of the make up and consistency of KFC famous bowls is kept in a trough. With your buffet purchase you are given a bib only and are left to root around the trough unless you pay extra for napkins, spoons, forks, plates, bowls etc. Very special clientele can buy a subscription with a personalized bib and spork hung on the wall and retrieved for you when you visit. When you return your VIP bib and spork they aren't washed, just put back on the wall.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Rube Tuesday's.

All the dishes are cooked and served by means of complex machinery.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
A bakery with all their bread and deserts in a display case up front. None of them are labeled, there is no menu, and the clerks are very exacting on what they understand. You have to exactly ask for what the food is called or they will tell you they don't have any. If you point they berate you for acting like a child and request you use your big boy or big girl words to make your order.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Decoy Badger posted:

There's a big titty anime girl streamed into a monitor in each anonymous eating booth that "eats" with you, and each plate you take off the conveyor gets you a thanks and compliment. The daily special is rebranded as her favourite, and gets you double the relationship points. Also there's a slot machine where you can pay for random additional parasocial interactions.

Another restaurant where you watch the patrons of this restaurant from above through a two-way mirror.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

A bakery with all their bread and deserts in a display case up front. None of them are labeled, there is no menu, and the clerks are very exacting on what they understand. You have to exactly ask for what the food is called or they will tell you they don't have any. If you point they berate you for acting like a child and request you use your big boy or big girl words to make your order.

ah I see you've been to paris

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
Kefir and Loathing

Imagine a Starbucks run, except you get your drink from a rundown Chinese restaurant with visible burn damage and sanitation issues. The drinks are handed to you in crumpled paper bags. They do offer free taxi service to and from the desert where you eventually end up.

The bad part is they don't serve food?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
A cafeteria where you immediately go up to the second floor on an escalator and the buffets, counters, and check out are on the second floor and the exit and seating area are on the first floor and the only way down after you pay is a fireman's pole.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
David Cronenburger King

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Grumblepuff posted:

Poutine on the Ritz

Self-explanatory. That is the only item on the menu. You must pay by tap dancing.

Gravy and cheese curds on stale crackers. Just like dad used to make (after the divorce)

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

I absolutely would buy a kebab at the Food Hole. My favourite early morning kebab place closed years ago :(

Sorry dude, every town should have a Food Hole.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Its like a restaurant but after you order instead of bringing you your food some guy with COVID just comes over and coughs on you a bunch!!

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
Okay get this. The restaurant is called Mealbarrows and it's a garden themed restaurant.

All the tables are Very Long and covered in astroturf, they look like a Hornby train set, with little models and sheds.

The waiter puts down a small amount of food far away from you in a tiny wheelbarrow and wheels it across the table, through the model 'garden'. When they get to your plate they dump it out like you would with a full size wheelbarrow. Repeat until all the ingredients are on the plate.

Instead of utensils you have to use a full size spade and garden fork.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
A Kent State themed campus bakery called, "Four Bread In Ohio"

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 12, 2022

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

like the place where you throw peanut shells on the floor, but instead its crawfish.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

A "breastaurant" but with twinks instead.

id call it "Randy Bottom's Watering Hole"

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

a fish restaurant but the twist is they drop you into a tank of piranhas and it turns out YOU were the food, and the FISH were the customers

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

numberoneposter posted:

A "breastaurant" but with twinks instead.

id call it "Randy Bottom's Watering Hole"

Pity the Mancave is taken.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
A restaurant where food is served in a plaster cast of the cook's mouth and you have to slurp the food out of it.

:ssh:
https://twitter.com/hels/status/1468668770583560195?t=N0iJYMf9_txsBwc5aAQQIQ&s=19

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
A restaurant where the food is randomly bobbing around in a big water tank. You go "fishing" with magnets on fishing rods and hope to get something good. Look honey! I got the Lobster! And I only used a $7 magnet! What a deal!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

a fish restaurant but the twist is they drop you into a tank of piranhas and it turns out YOU were the food, and the FISH were the customers
Do you expect me to talk, Goldfinger?

No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to dine.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
You make your own food at home but you log into the Zoom Restaurant to eat it. They put you in a breakout room and every 10 minutes the server comes in to ask you if everything is to your liking. Then they bill you on Venmo when you leave the meeting.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

PookBear posted:

like the place where you throw peanut shells on the floor, but instead its crawfish.

its supposed to be bad ideas.

ok the restauraunt is called KONCEPT and when you walk in you are not greeted by anyone you need to just find an open table if there is one, you won't have a waiter you just need to ask the table next to you to pass a message to the kitchen to order. if your order makes it to the kitchen and they have the dish you asked for, at some point in the future you will potentially get it but you need to pay before, it's a critique of capitalism. we have 100m in venture capital funding. KONCEPT.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dennys 2

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Mozi posted:

a restaurant where you pre-order your food six months to a year ahead of time and all the ingredients are grown personally for you

my competing restaurant will have you reserve your table ten years in advance so the table and chairs can be grown from seed for you

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
A restaurant called "home." with the subtitle "Playful, Community Driven, Inspired, Bold"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

A Chinese restaurant but you get to eat at the table with the owner's kid who is doing homework in the part of the restaurant that still has the giant rear projection TV (that doesn't work) that was left by the previous owners when it was a sports bar.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
Perfect Strangers

You are paired with a perfect stranger to sit with.

You can order, but you will receive an order that another perfect stranger in the restaurant ordered.

You will pay a third perfect stranger's bill.

As you walk out the door, Bronson Pinchot and Mark Linn-Baker kick you square in the dick and/or tits.

The Perfect Strangers themes plays as you are wheeled to a perfect stranger's car without keys.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bonzo posted:

A Chinese restaurant but you get to eat at the table with the owner's kid who is doing homework in the part of the restaurant that still has the giant rear projection TV (that doesn't work) that was left by the previous owners when it was a sports bar.

Can we help the kid with their homework and do I need to know how the new math works?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Outrail posted:

Can we help the kid with their homework and do I need to know how the new math works?

The child will only stare blankly at you. If that makes you uncomfortable, you can sit at the table with his older brother who will ignore you while he plays games on this cell phone.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

A restaurant where the bill costs $70 per person and the food is extremely bland, but there's an arena in the center of the restaurant where people dress like medieval knights and joust and sword fight each other while you eat. Also the restaurant is shaped like an English castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Bonzo posted:

The child will only stare blankly at you. If that makes you uncomfortable, you can sit at the table with his older brother who will ignore you while he plays games on this cell phone.
I think I've been to this restaurant. Does it have two totally different menus depending on if you can read Chinese or not?