Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hey it worked for Tree of Savior.

Oh...no.

Hahaha oooh that game makes me sad. It's so pretty looking, the art style is perfect, but then you try to actually play it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Pragmatica posted:

if you are looking at founder's packs, i believe gold is typically the “best” option, but people who have looked into the store side and are more familiar with the different options may be able to expand on the best choices and why.

The interesting parts of the packs are the Crystalline Aura (~10$), Royal Crystals (10$ per 1000 most likely) and Character Expansion Slot (~8$). Bronze and Silver, you effectively pay 5$ for the early access. Gold's more efficient then buying the stuff separately *if you think you'll put 40$ into the game anyways* plus you get a skin.

I said come in! posted:

Hahaha oooh that game makes me sad. It's so pretty looking, the art style is perfect, but then you try to actually play it. :(

:( :hf: :(

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 14, 2022

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Truga posted:

just call it a RO killer

God, I have been looking for a good sequel to OG RO forever, and I bounced off ToS so hard. I have a feeling there really won't ever be another game that captures the magic of vanilla RO.

That said, I am pretty excited for Lost Ark and it looks like a fun and chill game with fancy outfits, and that's good enough for me.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that's because RO was just a slightly slowed down diablo 2 so it worked on the internets of the time

on that note, i tried to play RO recently when some friends kept pestering me to play with them and i couldn't get out of the newbie tutorial. i just closed the game and booted path of exile instead lmao. same end-goal of gotta go fast, way more options to get there

anyway i was pretty hype for this game, but i earlier saw on steam it uses EAC so i guess i'll be hoping they enable the linux checkbox. beta didn't support it and that sucks

Estel
May 4, 2010

wolfs posted:

again that is your opinion

I’m just saying I’m looking forward to trying it

there is no universal constant saying coming in expecting one thing will make you leave crying

Especially considering Diablo 3 came out in 2012. a few vague memories of throwing zombie bears and spiders at monsters for a few dozen hours from almost a decade ago doesnt cast your preconceptions into iron

you guys are too negative

I can see why the mmo chat thread is so dour

I don't think anyone is being negative, I've some friends and seen lots of reddit posts of people that tried the beta expecting Diablo /PoE and hating it. The game is not an arpg unless your definition of arpg includes mmos with action combat.

This doesn't mean the game is bad or good. The game is what it is and people expecting something else may like it or don't but it's important to explain correctly the type of game it is.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!

Pragmatica posted:

if you are looking at founder's packs, i believe gold is typically the “best” option, but people who have looked into the store side and are more familiar with the different options may be able to expand on the best choices and why.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/nxc12f/value_of_the_silver_gold_platinum_founder_packs/

This post on the Reddit is from a KR player parsing out the value of each pack vs the cost in the Korean in game store. Lots of good info in the replies as well if you wanted to dig in.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Don't forget you can stack packs too for what that's worth if that's your thing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So is there any consensus on why certain classes are being weirdly withheld from NA/EU release, despite them being older classes in many cases?

Are they just planning to milk them as cash shop releases later or what?

wolfs posted:

again that is your opinion

I’m just saying I’m looking forward to trying it

there is no universal constant saying coming in expecting one thing will make you leave crying

Especially considering Diablo 3 came out in 2012. a few vague memories of throwing zombie bears and spiders at monsters for a few dozen hours from almost a decade ago doesnt cast your preconceptions into iron

you guys are too negative

I can see why the mmo chat thread is so dour

Jesus what is this baby tantrum. No one's being negative, they're being straight forward about how the game plays so that people know what they're getting into. You're responding to people who are hype about playing the game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wyrmthang posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/nxc12f/value_of_the_silver_gold_platinum_founder_packs/

This post on the Reddit is from a KR player parsing out the value of each pack vs the cost in the Korean in game store. Lots of good info in the replies as well if you wanted to dig in.

I honestly dont think they are going with the korean rates of currency, too inflated for western audiences. If they are saying 4k currency I'm going to expect its 40 bucks worth, not 4 bucks worth of it.

Captain Oblivious posted:

So is there any consensus on why certain classes are being weirdly withheld from NA/EU release, despite them being older classes in many cases?

Are they just planning to milk them as cash shop releases later or what?

Jesus what is this baby tantrum. No one's being negative, they're being straight forward about how the game plays so that people know what they're getting into. You're responding to people who are hype about playing the game.

None of the classes are being withheld to be cash shop, classes are content in the game and they wouldn't gate them like that. They are witholding them to have content to release regularly to have people login in a few month.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I honestly dont think they are going with the korean rates of currency, too inflated for western audiences. If they are saying 4k currency I'm going to expect its 40 bucks worth, not 4 bucks worth of it.

Yeah, the Russian servers are a better comparison and those have a different conversion rate and prices afaik

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not sure if anyone actually knows but the gold pack should be around after launch right? I bought the bronze one because it was $15 but kinda didn’t look to see which was the best value.

I read somewhere that the founders packs will not be available after launch, but I have no credible sources to back that up :shrug:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Been waiting on this for months! Probably gonna go with Deathblade as my main since that's what clicked in the last set of betas, but maybe one of my alts will impress. Certainly a lot of classes I never got to try, even having started back in the alpha.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I like the idea of an in-demand support character that still gets to wear big armor and have fun hitting things, so I'm gonna go Paladin at the start.

I have an incurable case of alt-itis though so I will eventually want at least one of each class archetype. From testing in the beta Soulfist and Demon Hunter will be my first fun side characters.

I know Soulfist is not widely considered to be amazing but it really is DBZ fist-magic personified, I can't turn down a class that can shoot machine gun energy bullets out of their fingers and has Kamehameha beams and Spirit Bombs. Demon Hunter surprised me and I ended up liking it just purely based on the feel of the abilities, snappy and splashy martial arts stuff with bladed tonfas, cool demon transformation mode.

For unreleased classes I'm curious about Destroyer, Lancemaster and Arcana.

And maybe it's purely a me-thing but I really like the name Warlord about 100x more than Gunlancer, I wish they'd kept it, it might have even made me more likely to play one. Warlords disappearing from D&D after 4th edition left a hole in my heart.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 15, 2022

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose
I'll be starting as a Scrapper on whatever US West server the goonmind gravitates toward.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Soulfist can be one of the top damaging units in the game but so much of it relies on her identity and ult that I just couldn't enjoy it. You gotta have a particular lizard brain that likes seeing the biggest one hit numbers in the game and be good enough to understand when to properly use it and thats just not for me.

I will probably roll demon demonic. Her constant devil trigger build seems a lot of fun. Either that or I'll flip a coin for either striker or sorc

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

For a Paladin, how much of a pain is it to respec between group support builds and soloing builds?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Harrow posted:

For a Paladin, how much of a pain is it to respec between group support builds and soloing builds?

You can easily change specs at any time really, and you get 2 preset slots for free. So you can run a chaos dungeon type build with aoes and poo poo for easy mob clearing and a raid content support build.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Artist seems like its going to be an interesting support, pretty different from the bard and paladin.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I've read on reddit (yes, I know. that's why I'm asking here) that cash shop skins have stat bonuses on them? Is that a thing?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

At least in the korean/russian version its like 1% extra stats, which equates to even less total damage increase. The real bonus is to help boost npc relationship

I dont know if the western version is going to do what the other versions do but you can sell mats for premium currency for other players which then you can use to buy cash shop items.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Really excited for the launch, will be using my first holiday day of the year to be having fun on day 1 (yes I’m a dork).

Will be going Paladin and as previous posters have mentioned it’s incredible we’re finally getting a Diablo style MMO.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I haven't been following the game super closely, but have been watching it for the last few weeks and I have to say, I think I'm equally excited. It looks like a lot of fun to play and seems to do a good job mashing together that Action RPG style with MMO. I'm hoping it will be a good experience co-op with friends.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m really happy there is proper controller support in the game.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I'm also really looking forward to this release. I've been testing classes on RU and I'm positive that I'll main paladin also.
But I'm also really looking forward to the scouter release, and I'll for sure have it as an alt. it is so drat fun.

My only major beef with the game besides the traditional korean gender lock is that the game relies heavily on positionals and I hate that.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you haven't played LA before, push through the first 30 levels. It's outdated leveling, the story is as tropey as it gets, but it does get better after that.

Pigbottom posted:

My only major beef with the game besides the traditional korean gender lock is that the game relies heavily on positionals and I hate that.

This is why I think at end-game a lot of the content becomes a lot like Monster Hunter more so than ARPG. Knowing your animations, and the bosses animations are crucial. Especially since the bosses don't have patterns and can use abilities randomly.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

There is a small discord server we made for the beta that I’m going to close/make read only for launch. Most of the info is about beta and may be wrong at launch so it doesn’t seem worth keeping, but if someone wants it for some reason for a guild or something let me know.

Jacco
Sep 2, 2008
TT putting together a guild?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Any chance they’ll have level boosts in the shop at launch?

I did 10-26 way too many times on RU in the last month trying different classes in PvP. I saved 30-50 for the NA release, but even then I’m not really looking forward to doing it more than once.

I’d love if arenas unlocked account-wide, but I’m happy to throw money at the problem instead if I can.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

0% would be my guess.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hefty posted:

Any chance they’ll have level boosts in the shop at launch?

I did 10-26 way too many times on RU in the last month trying different classes in PvP. I saved 30-50 for the NA release, but even then I’m not really looking forward to doing it more than once.

I’d love if arenas unlocked account-wide, but I’m happy to throw money at the problem instead if I can.

It's probably 15 hours to get to 50 as a fairly casual player, I highly doubt there will be a boost at launch.

Elroy Jetson
Sep 25, 2021

Don't ping me.

I don't know when we'll get it, but the Korean version of the game has a level boosting system that you build and use from your personal island. Basically you spend in-game resources, select the character you want to boost, then select the level you want them boosted to. After several hours that character will be that level and have a full gear set appropriate for that level.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

Elroy Jetson posted:

I don't know when we'll get it, but the Korean version of the game has a level boosting system that you build and use from your personal island. Basically you spend in-game resources, select the character you want to boost, then select the level you want them boosted to. After several hours that character will be that level and have a full gear set appropriate for that level.

Interestingly this was disabled in RU shortly after it launched due to bots exploiting it. Hopefully it comes to the US.

Zotix posted:

It's probably 15 hours to get to 50 as a fairly casual player, I highly doubt there will be a boost at launch.

I'm really hoping for a boost pretty quick. I've leveled quite a few characters on RU and KR and anything I can do to skip leveling 2-3 characters when NA comes out I'd be happy for.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
For anyone buying a founders pack gold and up - you get (presumably) unique armour, but it appears that you can only get it once and it's tailored to the advanced class you pick.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/founders-pack-showcase#ags-MediaPopup

For what it's worth these all look incredible, shout out to the Ryu armour. Edit: also the Tyrael armour for Paladin

ColdIronsBound fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 17, 2022

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.

Amazon posted:

Show your style with the Founder’s exclusive Northern Lawmaker Avatar. The Avatar will be available for the first Advanced Class you select in-game.
-
A special avatar for Platinum Founders. The Avatar will be available for the first Advanced Class you select in-game.

These better come as chests that I can open on whoever, because I don't want both of these armor sets on the same character.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

ColdIronsBound posted:

For anyone buying a founders pack gold and up - you get (presumably) unique armour, but it appears that you can only get it once and it's tailored to the advanced class you pick.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/founders-pack-showcase#ags-MediaPopup

For what it's worth these all look incredible, shout out to the Ryu armour. Edit: also the Tyrael armour for Paladin

That article is pretty old. Saintone a twitch streamer believes that the skin in the gold pack will be bankable, but the platinum pack one wont, I guess we'll see. I hope he is right as I want to use the gold skin on a Lance Master once the class is finally released.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What are the guild situations going to look like since they seem to be so small? Like an east coast, west coast, euro one?

Also if anyone cares this should almost definitely be playable on the steam deck. I was just watching a video of the game being played on an Aya Neo which is a little less powerful and I’m hype for some portable action.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Guilds start at 30 peeps but as you rank them up they hit 100 total, honestly not sure if any region will need multiple goon guilds, but maybe that's just pessimistic. Ping can really mess with you though so I will definitely be sitting on the east coast server, when level 3 shits the bed even FFXIV gets unplayable bad for me.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i think there are several of us planning on playing east coast

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

PrinnySquad posted:

Guilds start at 30 peeps but as you rank them up they hit 100 total, honestly not sure if any region will need multiple goon guilds, but maybe that's just pessimistic. ...

Goons and MMO launches, name a more iconic duo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone set up a discord for the 8 of us that are going to play this?