Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
We'll just be re-using the one we had setup during the betas. I'm in the process of cleaning it up now for launch. URL is below.

https://discord.gg/2F4cM6AH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PrinnySquad posted:

We'll just be re-using the one we had setup during the betas. I'm in the process of cleaning it up now for launch. URL is below.

https://discord.gg/2F4cM6AH

Thanks just joined

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Please post your awful pun guild names for us to fight over.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lost Fart

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I realize that most people read this thread at this point are ready to play the game but this video really sold me on the game.

https://youtu.be/YRX6IQsWfnc

It seems like the company has really taken a hard look at what Korean MMOs used to be and are reversing course on it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I will probably just use the discord to coordinate with people. The guild system sounds like too much hassle because of the small size.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was all set to play Paladin but Striker just looks way too fun to pass up, looks really kinetic and weighty

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

PrinnySquad posted:

Leet Like Jeff B

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

World of Warcraft

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It's pretty easy to play on the Russian server with a fan-made English patch for the game and a VPN if anyone is interested in messing around with different classes etc. pre launch. This guide goes over it step by step.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Rexicon1 posted:

World of Warcraft

World of Whalecraft

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

PrinnySquad posted:

ARPG?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The question mark is important

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Sweaty

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
"more money than sense" a staple mmo hmo guild name

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Pigbottom posted:

"more money than sense" a staple mmo hmo guild name

A name made even more powerful in the context of a F2P game :frogc00l:

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Tested it on RU, and gently caress, one character too long, and it rejects More $$$ Than Sense. Game is ruined, calling it all off now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PrinnySquad posted:

Tested it on RU, and gently caress, one character too long, and it rejects More $$$ Than Sense. Game is ruined, calling it all off now.

Mo’ Money Than Sense

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

If you do mo money it has to be no sense for the flow

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dynamite Dog posted:

If you do mo money it has to be no sense for the flow

:hmmyes:

Mo money no sense

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

More Gold Than Sense :thinkdorm:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Arent guilds per region or server?

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

doomisland posted:

Arent guilds per region or server?

Server

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I'm looking forward to playing. Been waiting many years.

Demon hunter here I go

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun
I'm super stoked to suffer extreme choice paralysis on launch day because too many of the classes look cool

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Same.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Play support, then you can flip a coin!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'll probably go punch man since horse thrower won't be in the game.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
My understanding is that most of the content that requires more strict character commitment for progression isnt going to be in at launch so it playing a bunch of different classes shouldn’t cause you to be left behind. It seems the best thing to do with the release content is to focus on the account level progression instead.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mr. Leonheart posted:

I'm super stoked to suffer extreme choice paralysis on launch day because too many of the classes look cool

Just pick something and level it to 50. If you follow optimum leveling it's 15 hours to get to 50. This game is much more about account progression early on than character progression. Get that first character to 50 so you can get to collecting upgrade materials and then sit on them while your alt paralysis kicks in.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I will play Sorceress and figure out which of the punchy classes I want for an alt later

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

FYI I just read that (on NA/EU) if you create a character and then delete it, the name won’t get released. Bummer since that’s exactly what I was planning to do — create all my characters and then go back and customize.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Hefty posted:

FYI I just read that (on NA/EU) if you create a character and then delete it, the name won’t get released. Bummer since that’s exactly what I was planning to do — create all my characters and then go back and customize.

There are cash shop items to change appearance. If you're super serious about a name, you can spend a couple bucks to appearance change and lock a name asap.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Hefty posted:

It was flagged as a known issue for the closed beta, should probably be fixed for the launch.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Arzachel posted:

It was flagged as a known issue for the closed beta, should probably be fixed for the launch.

It currently works fine on RU, so I in theory, launch NA should be clear of this.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Names release instantly for RU and KR but not JP, and will apparently not release instantly either for NA/EU. Here's a comment from a community rep 3 days ago:

quote:

This is not the case in this version of the game, and unfortunately as of right now character names can only be re-released after a manual refresh. Because of this, I would not suggest creating a character just to delete it as a way to reserve the name, as it will not work

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Akumos posted:

There are cash shop items to change appearance. If you're super serious about a name, you can spend a couple bucks to appearance change and lock a name asap.

I’m not super worried about it, but I would have been pissed if I made 6 mages or w/e and then found out those names are locked.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Gonna have to be quick on the draw to ensure you're the person who gets WeedGoku.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Am I the only EU player boarding this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Suprfli6 posted:

It's pretty easy to play on the Russian server with a fan-made English patch for the game and a VPN if anyone is interested in messing around with different classes etc. pre launch. This guide goes over it step by step.

Whilst true the story mode dialogue is largely gibberish even with the patch