Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Cinara posted:

Assuming you're still going through the story, yes. Silver is a resource that will become relevant as you get deeper into the endgame but for now just dismantle everything as you replace it.

Gearing while you level is quite a bit different than gearing post level 50.

got it, thank you so much :cheersbird: Me and a friend have been playing through the game together and it's so fun. We were in the beginner area where you start seeing secret dungeons more and it has 2 world bosses and we encountered Rudrick(sp) and it was the most fun ive had in an mmo in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Buddykins posted:

this game is so loving good

You sweet summer child.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zotix posted:

You sweet summer child.

That sweet innocence that the rest of us use to have.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm still having fun and I just log in once a day. I do my stronghold stuff, do a round of rapports to use up my entries using bifrosts to zip right to each, buy any legendary gifts on lost merchants, occasionally do a rapport quest, then log out. If I'm feeling saucy I'll do a chaos dungeon or explore an island on someone. I got the ice carving island soul the other day while watching youtube. My highest characters need Oreha hard or Argos easy to uncap their gear but I don't like the group content and have no intention to do the demon raids so I'm in no hurry.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I still have fun, I just like to complain, the most-MMO (and especially KRMMO) experience.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jossar posted:

I still have fun, I just like to complain, the most-MMO (and especially KRMMO) experience.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I've got no real complaints right now.

Except the annoying 10s auction house delay after buying anything.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Khorne posted:

I've got no real complaints right now.

Except the annoying 10s auction house delay after buying anything.

God that poo poo is annoying, especially cause for no good reason the game doesn't buy your full quantity you type half the time.

I think my primary complaint right now still stems from AGS communication. The roadmap was good but the fact that we are potentially 2 weeks away from the tripod update and there has been no official announcement of how it works is baffling. Every other region got a full in depth post a month before they received the update along with an in game announcement reminding players.

I worry that a lot of people are going to get caught off guard by this update if AGS doesn't step up their communication and it's the type of thing that could cause people to quit.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

They also just flushed a bunch of unused Punika passes. Their patch notes or update info might have warned about it but their in game message said it wouldn't expire so a few people were caught off guard and lost them. I contacted support and they said I'd get an email about my ticket. Never did, and there is nowhere on their website to check that I see. So all that is pretty lovely too.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I dunno, I think for better or for worse most people have gotten used to the idea that the communication from on high in Global is awful. If you're still here, you're here for the game itself and don't really expect anything from the development team.

Which is my standard experience with these sort of games, but is a real shame considering that especially in Korea they built a lot of their reputation off of having fantastic interaction with the player base.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Jossar posted:

I dunno, I think for better or for worse most people have gotten used to the idea that the communication from on high in Global is awful. If you're still here, you're here for the game itself and don't really expect anything from the development team.

Oh I agree, I just feel like this is a very different circumstance because people could lose actual character power if they are not prepared. Most of the previous communication issues have been stuff like the previously mentioned power passes or when patches might release. But this time you could literally have tripods deleted off your character.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
If you haven't already spent resources working on getting your most important tripods to level 4, then a tripod wipe isn't gonna be that big of a deal to be honest. If I understand the new system properly it'll be even easier after the rework to get tripods to level 3, which is good enough.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Olds posted:

If you haven't already spent resources working on getting your most important tripods to level 4, then a tripod wipe isn't gonna be that big of a deal to be honest. If I understand the new system properly it'll be even easier after the rework to get tripods to level 3, which is good enough.
It should be a fairly high priority after 1415. Get one piece with at least one of the most important +4s for each slot. Then merge in all the level 1/2/3 they've hoarded prior to then.

With tripod update coming, saving a bunch of +4s in inventory and then reselling them is probably the most profitable power spike anyone can do, too. You eat the pheon cost but if you try to get +4s, even under the new system, you'd pay significantly more pheons and lose gold on top of that.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 2, 2022

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Hey, I just reinstalled this game, wanted to give it another try.

My character from playing at launch is level 19.

Are there any "Complete Newb" guides to all the different systems in this game? Its a bit overwhelming.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

At that level, most of the game's systems aren't really relevant/available yet. Just keep focusing on the questing until level 50 or so, at which point, once you get to North Vern, things will open up a bit.

In terms of a "just starting out" guide for those systems, Maxroll's stuff is still probably the most relevant/easily readable. Specifically their guides which try to tell you what you will immediately need to do next after reaching that point for continued vertical progression.

https://maxroll.gg/lost-ark/resources/post-50-guide
https://maxroll.gg/lost-ark/resources/road-to-rohendel

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Just a heads up that they just distributed 10 pheons to each character you have with a reminder to take care of your tripods.

edit: well that was fun while it lasted

Olds fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 14, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Olds posted:

Just a heads up that they just distributed 10 pheons to each character you have with a reminder to take care of your tripods.
They deleted these mails and claim to be taking back the pheons in ~20 minutes.

Free pheons & battle items sure sounded nice to me.

e: apparently they might send them out again after the maintenance?

When we've messed up similar things at work we just pretended we did it on purpose and customers raved about how they love us.

When AGS/SGR mess up, they piss everyone off by throwing insane amounts of effort and inconvenience into unwinding something plays universally loved. At the same time, they put no effort into fixing major problems and create new major problems with half-assed implementations like the AH buy limit being once per 10s instead of 6 times per minute or any type of modern rate limiting implementation to shutdown ah bots without making it unusable for normal players. They didn't even do a maintenance to fix the constant disconnect issues all week.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 14, 2022

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Khorne posted:

They deleted these mails and claim to be taking back the pheons in ~20 minutes.

Free pheons & battle items sure sounded nice to me.

e: apparently they might send them out again after the maintenance?

When we've messed up similar things at work we just pretended we did it on purpose and customers raved about how they love us.

When AGS/SGR mess up, they piss everyone off by throwing insane amounts of effort and inconvenience into unwinding something plays universally loved. At the same time, they put no effort into fixing major problems and create new major problems with half-assed implementations like the AH buy limit being once per 10s instead of 6 times per minute or any type of modern rate limiting implementation to shutdown ah bots without making it unusable for normal players. They didn't even do a maintenance to fix the constant disconnect issues all week.

It's funny to think about how a problem like this gets introduced, and then how the decision to 'fix' it is equally clumsy.

quote:

"Pheons claimed from these emails will be deducted as well."
It sounds like they're even willing to leave players with a negative pheon count to ensure nobody benefits from the mistake?

Reading through the Lost Ark forums and subreddit is hilarious. This seems to be a catalyzing incident for the community that has been growing more and more frustrated with the game for months.

I think this is finally a problem with the game that has to be AGS' fault, despite the fact that they're technically only the game's publisher and it's never been disclosed how much of the game's management is under their control versus Smilegate's.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 14, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Discospawn posted:

Reading through the Lost Ark forums and subreddit is hilarious. This seems to be a catalyzing incident for the community that has been growing more and more frustrated with the game for months.
This backlash happened when they added honing materials to the shop and removed them a few hours later. People were mad they couldn't spend money and mad other people could and mad that it was competitively priced with RMT when nothing else was at the time.

When they added it back, weeks later, they didn't let people buy as many as when they accidentally added it. People were mad about that too.

I don't know how you mess up people wanting to spend money on your game by not allowing them to, but AGS+SGR pulled it off in the past.

I'm personally not upset, but I was happy to see in discord "they sent out a mail with free pheons and battle items". So I get where people are coming from.

I suppose I'm more upset that they are so poorly ran that they'd make the same mistake over and over again? The shop thing was an easy "well, it's out and popular, no one is even complaining we added p2w mats to the royal crystal shop". This is an easy "it's out there, there's no turning back, we don't actually lose anything by doing this anyway" as well. There's no business decision making process that should result in "remove it all, take the servers down for 2 hours in response" for what amounts to 1 ability stone/1 tripod item/0.4 relic accessories worth of pheons going out per character 2 days before a patch that people were buying 18 tripod items per character to prepare for.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 14, 2022

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Khorne posted:

I suppose I'm more upset that they are so poorly ran that they'd make the same mistake over and over again?
I haven't followed Lost Ark nearly as closely as I've followed New World, but AGS seems to be incapable of learning/growing/improving from past mistakes. They just did a soft reboot of New World a couple weeks ago with 'Fresh Start Servers', and immediately experienced all of the same server-based problems that the game had at launch, and are continuing to repeat the same mistakes at addressing those problems.

It feels like a symptom of a toxic work environment, where every employee is following management tasking to the letter instead of pushing back on bad decisions, but I'd love to get an in-depth autopsy of the company to learn more about what's behind all of this.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Any sane company would say, "oops we messed up we've removed the mistake mails with attached pheons but here's a bundle of them to everyone to make up for our mistake" and just get some easy good will. Instead they're doing the exact opposite and punishing people for their mistake

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Discospawn posted:

I haven't followed Lost Ark nearly as closely as I've followed New World, but AGS seems to be incapable of learning/growing/improving from past mistakes. They just did a soft reboot of New World a couple weeks ago with 'Fresh Start Servers', and immediately experienced all of the same server-based problems that the game had at launch, and are continuing to repeat the same mistakes at addressing those problems.

It feels like a symptom of a toxic work environment, where every employee is following management tasking to the letter instead of pushing back on bad decisions, but I'd love to get an in-depth autopsy of the company to learn more about what's behind all of this.

Smilegate are the ones that make the game, AGS is just publishing it.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Smilegate are the ones that make the game, AGS is just publishing it.
Yeah, I directly referenced this in my first post.

Players have been quick to defend Lost Ark/AGS by saying "AGS only publishes the game," and relying on the fact that we don't know what aspects of the game AGS is involved in, and where SmileGate is involved, to deflect criticism. The argument kind of goes like, "if you don't know exactly which team is responsible for the problem, you shouldn't blame anybody."

But issues like accidentally giving players rewards in an email, and then taking the servers down for 2+ hours to remove those rewards (even if it results in a negative balance for players who used them), is entirely within AGS' area of responsibility for the game. There's just no way this is somehow the result of a SmileGate employee making a mistake and then calling long-distance and yelling in Korean about how important it is for players to not get free resources.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If somehow AGS had absolutely nothing to do with this dumb pheon mistake, if they weren't incompetent they'd be up SGS's rear end to try and make good with the playerbase about it because it's making AGS look really bad

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Discospawn posted:

Yeah, I directly referenced this in my first post.

Players have been quick to defend Lost Ark/AGS by saying "AGS only publishes the game," and relying on the fact that we don't know what aspects of the game AGS is involved in, and where SmileGate is involved, to deflect criticism. The argument kind of goes like, "if you don't know exactly which team is responsible for the problem, you shouldn't blame anybody."

But issues like accidentally giving players rewards in an email, and then taking the servers down for 2+ hours to remove those rewards (even if it results in a negative balance for players who used them), is entirely within AGS' area of responsibility for the game. There's just no way this is somehow the result of a SmileGate employee making a mistake and then calling long-distance and yelling in Korean about how important it is for players to not get free resources.

I'm not saying ags is good or not culpable in this instance, I'm saying that it doesn't make sense to compare what they do in new world to lost ark. Players are quick to blame ags but they're not the ones that designed the pheon system. The whole system is poo poo and the tripod change really highlights it.

We'll see what the compensation is I guess.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
I still have my pheons from this morning so no harm, no foul.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Olds posted:

I still have my pheons from this morning so no harm, no foul.
Yeah, it looks like the backlash was severe enough that they changed their position:

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

How about they stop making their community devs push out paragraphs of pisswarm apologia and remove the phreakon cash shop currency levied on selected player market items in addition to gold from the game altogether? Just shutter any further development on this conceptually incomplete solution to parasitizing the player auction house that ultimately stifled it to the point of unusable, and instead put the resources towards streamlining and normalizing the broad player leveling experience and gear progression away from the sporadic material giveaway events that these gacha-brains only know how to do.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are we getting a new class this month?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Are we getting a new class this month?
Reaper tomorrow

December is Summoner

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/feast-with-friends-release-notes

Pretty amazing patch, insane amount of QOL that I didn't expect to get this early.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khorne posted:

Reaper tomorrow

December is Summoner

:yeshaha:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Need to add a new character slot but the cash shop appears to be down. :sweatdrop:

Khorne
May 1, 2002
They're doing a second compensation package which will mean they gave out 60 pheons total.

It also has a legendary engraving selection pack & a punika growth pack in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Reaper class is fun to play!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It really is, the mobility is just amazing. Damage still sucks on mine until I can finish the relic set and get tripods to a decent level but I am loving the class so far.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Anyone have tips for playing Robust Spirit Soulfist in T3 raids? I boosted one because I was really enjoying it in PVP, but i'm finding the famine part of the rotation when hype is on cooldown really really brutal. I get that i'm supposed to be burst dpsing, but am I supposed to literally do nothing when I'm out of hype?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Not sure how far in you are but the higher your specialization the lower the downtime gets. Once you're at full good quality relic gear, and soon with the additional stats from bracers your downtime will be like 15 seconds or less. But yes, you essentially do no damage outside of the hype state.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Cinara posted:

Not sure how far in you are but the higher your specialization the lower the downtime gets. Once you're at full good quality relic gear, and soon with the additional stats from bracers your downtime will be like 15 seconds or less. But yes, you essentially do no damage outside of the hype state.

Yea OK sounds like I just need to keep struggling until I have better stuff then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Are Legion Raids the only real way to get gold now? I’d trying to push from 1445 to 1460+ and with each attempt being 250g+ I run low real quick.