Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I've read on reddit (yes, I know. that's why I'm asking here) that cash shop skins have stat bonuses on them? Is that a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I'm also really looking forward to this release. I've been testing classes on RU and I'm positive that I'll main paladin also.
But I'm also really looking forward to the scouter release, and I'll for sure have it as an alt. it is so drat fun.

My only major beef with the game besides the traditional korean gender lock is that the game relies heavily on positionals and I hate that.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

"more money than sense" a staple mmo hmo guild name

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I think is very likely that a lot of people will start as paladin and then realize or remember that they don't really dig support gameplay and then we'll be fine.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Theres not that much nudity! :eyepop: and I think the global release removes all of it.

I would guess the he probably means belgium or the netherlands. The game is not releasing there due to having loot boxes.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I'll probably tune in to you people. I like to always have a stream running while gaming (even when I'm streaming myself) and it's nice to find new goon streams.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

^^^^
beaten

Apparently amazon already managed to gently caress up and start a controversy :confuoot:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/nobody-wants-t1t2-rush/44607/125

edit: the game director just dissed amazon on stream for screwing up :bravo:

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 8, 2022

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Let's go guys! I can almost smell the fomo.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Is anyone else having trouble dodging aoes? I have like 15ms ping according to the game, but I was killing a word boss and felt like I was constantly getting hit after I left aoes. Maybe I'm just bad, it's has happened before.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Those insects. :cry:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I'm still debating between gunlancer and paladin, but I'm leaning more towards gunlancer. It's very slow to start with but it seems more active and flexible in terms of support than paladin.
From all I've seen, paladin support comes in way late in the game and it's just pressing one button from time to time, while gunlancer has an interrupt, a counter move and other stuff too including 2 viable builds.

The Gripper posted:

Isn't that the appeal of ARPGs? Just slamming groups of mobs and watching numbers go up?

If all of the XP is in quests it sounds like level progression is much closer to WoW or FFXIV than it is a typical ARPG.

For anyone playing from Australia, what's the latency looking like during early access?

That's why people in this thread and elsewhere have been trying to warn for a long time, that even though it uses an isometric view, this is not an arpg.

edit: It's even stated there in the op. It should probably be put as a disclaimer in all caps and sirens.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a little bitter actually; Paladin was my favorite Warrior Advanced Class because it flowed so well, but then I check and you are basically pigeonholed into support.

I'm more miffed that support means only pressing one button or two every few mins and just playing as a normal dps the rest of the time.

edit: this is just perfect. https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/spl19v/what_i_really_wanted_to_do/

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 11, 2022