Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

PrinnySquad posted:

Please post your awful pun guild names for us to fight over.

Leet Like Jeff B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

World of Warcraft

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

PrinnySquad posted:

Please post your awful pun guild names for us to fight over.

ARPG?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The question mark is important

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I think that my class will be Big Sword

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I said come in! posted:

You can pretty much just roll your face over your keyboard and get through the game. I played with not even 50% of the game translated into english through Google Translate and didn't have any problems.

Finally. A game for me

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The grimmest thing posted on this thread so far was “if you don’t have alts you’ll fall behind”.

Bitch, I will fall behind even with alts and I will let everyone I run into know it.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

I didn't get very far but it felt..fine I guess? It sucks rear end there's nothing for SEA/OCE though.

yea that’s a bummer.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

It’s the perfect snipe imho

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

My initial impressions of lost ark: this is a game that has been around for a long time and it is overwhelming how much there is to do and look at and interact with. Every 5 minutes in the main story I interact with something lying on the ground and then another new progression system emerges with 400-500 hours of content trapped behind it with its own currency and experience bar and skill tree. Oh and these quest rewards are found at this vendor. Oh but these quest rewards are actually in a nested menu off this map. Oh and these rewards feed into an account progression system.

And I have played maybe 2 hours.

Boy is it fun to smash my big sword into like 400 identical goons.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

im playing as a mnk and im trying to understand combat, because it seems like the auto attack is completely loving useless and i should zip zoom around until i have an ability up... otherwise im animation locked getting beat on...

This is my early impression too as zerk, this combo seems like a good combo but then I press any button and it’s instant death comedy hour. I’m expecting some sort of spender will build off the basic click combo at some point. But I also suspect strategy only really comes into play way later in

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I’m the girliest girly girl, you can tell because every joint is made of pure gelatin.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I almost always want either incredible voice acting, or I want “NOW face my arctic blaaast”

Mediocre voice acting make me sleep

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Smythe posted:

made a toon on this and shes a beautiful cartoon babe

Show us the babe, smythe.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The water flowing from its eyes took me by complete surprise and I started laughing so hard.

Goddamn lol

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Hakarne posted:

Is there a newbie guide for like... Lost Ark 101? I'm stumbling through and enjoying it but the amount of obscure systems, currencies, and activities is staggering. It is by far the most convoluted MMO I've ever jumped into. I'm filling my storage with chests/bags of honing stone selections and tons of other random selectable rewards because I have no idea wtf any of it may be useful for. I also have a constant lingering feeling that I may be missing or overlooking key mechanics because there's just so much... everything.

This was my feeling too. The answer is just to do the main story as hard as you can and then enjoy the zones to completion later. Don’t get bogged down in minutiae.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

S.J. posted:

I have 7 pheons.

Wow that’s some pheons

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Love to see game that’s inherently susceptible to bots continue to have intractable issues with bots.

God bless the Bot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

kirtar posted:

Is that the one that got disabled as part of the bot prevention measures?

They disabled a dungeon because the bots were so bad? Holy moly