Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It's pretty easy to play on the Russian server with a fan-made English patch for the game and a VPN if anyone is interested in messing around with different classes etc. pre launch. This guide goes over it step by step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Names release instantly for RU and KR but not JP, and will apparently not release instantly either for NA/EU. Here's a comment from a community rep 3 days ago:

quote:

This is not the case in this version of the game, and unfortunately as of right now character names can only be re-released after a manual refresh. Because of this, I would not suggest creating a character just to delete it as a way to reserve the name, as it will not work

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Sindai posted:

Yeah, mirror classes share the same buffs. It's worth noting that different buffs with the same effect from different classes do stack, but the same buff coming from multiples of the same class (including mirror classes) doesn't.

Are you sure Striker has the same buffs as Wardancer? None of the videos I've seen or skill building sites seem to back that up. I think Striker and Wardancer can both apply negative crit resistance to the target but only Wardancer has the movement and attack speed buff.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, like any big MMORPG launches, I am expecting the servers to be hosed.

Supposedly they have more servers ready to spin up if needed, plus this being an already existing game that has dealt with huge population spikes for previous launches, might make it not too painful.

Then again I've been optimistic for about 20 different launches and the vast majority have been awful to some extent or another so we'll see!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I saw 200k server capacity somewhere but nothing confirmed directly from AGS/SG.

Wasn't NA beta all on one single beta server? They had ~80k concurrent players.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 6, 2022

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

They should have a pretty good idea of populations based on the founders sales. And KR just had their highest concurrent players ever when Artist launched and their servers held up so I’m optimistic.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

In case anyone hasn't been keeping up in the Discord, the US-East guild will probably not be on Regulos after all since Asmon commented on his stream today that he was probably going there. He also said he'd just pick a server at random at launch but between that and Regulos trending up to having the most guilds going there on various Reddit polls and stuff, so there's currently an ongoing poll to select a different server.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Release notes were posted: https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/launch-release-notes

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Taima posted:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that Asmongold is definitely overblown in terms of his toxicity and his fan base are pretty well meaning, they're just largely NEETs and therefore don't have a ton of social tact, not that anyone is really talking about that but idk about not rolling on an entire server just because Asmongold might be on there...

Yeah I don't think being on his server would really matter much ingame but thousands of extra people hammering that server at launch just makes the queues that much more likely and bad.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Taima posted:

Could someone explain this controversy like im 5 please.

It’ll take most people a few weeks or months of completing dailies and other content to progress their gear from tier 1 to tier 3 instead of a week.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Gishin posted:

There a US West guild?

I don’t think there’s a goon-only USW guild planned, they’re all rolling with Starfleet Dental. Theyre on Mari server.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Ended up at level 34 after about 8 hours, but I also was doing some rapport, chain quests, etc instead of just tunneling the msq. Wardancer is pretty fun once you have enough aoe abilities to rotate between them all.

I died once to a giant fire breathing demon-dragon because after each phase you are supposed to run to the next platform before he incinerates the area you were on with no real indication of what to do. And then again when I was supposed to be wearing an evil clown costume but took it off to kill something and it turns out all the clowns instakill you if they aggro you.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

They have not confirmed anything about what order we will be getting the other classes in, or how long it will be. Odds are they will become available 1 at a time rather than all at once since I believe that is how it was done on RU.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Protip for engravings while leveling - you should get enough class engraving books to unlock the first level of 1 of your class engravings by doing the main quest and then the purple quest from Thirain before leaving Luterra at level 35ish. This lets you slot that class engraving into both slots in your gear screen (the 2 bottom left item slots) which will give you 6 points in your class engraving. Some class engravings are massive dps upgrades even with just the first level enabled and it can make a big difference.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Can't believe the Switch Flippers asleep.

It's like 3AM in Korea, dude was tired.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Colin Mockery posted:

so the discord guild announcements arent visible anymore for people who arent authed

are we still rolling on una server?

You can't roll on Una today if you don't already have a character there. Supposedly Vykas is where f2p east coast goons are gonna roll but idk for sure.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

acumen posted:

Yeah I don't get why game devs love making a massive barrier to entry by throwing in a tedious tutorial as you level up/play to the "real" portion of the game. There's a few really cool moments in there, and the dungeons are rad, but the remaining 90% is trash.

Endgame is good as hell though if you feel like you can sit through 30hrs of point A > point B skipping dialogue. Lots of varied and challenging content. Also lots of grinding.

Now imagine doing the main story quest how it originally was in the Korean launch instead of the vastly sped up version we have.

I played a few guys to level 20 on the RU servers a few weeks back just to get a feel for it and watched some videos and I’ve been having a lot of fun. I’m ilvl 540 and just did the quest for my second awakening skill last night (which is 3-4 hours of traveling and talking to npcs with only a handful of fights or interesting bits). So far some of the islands are great, and the story on the later continents is a little better than the beginning. I haven’t boosted any alts yet to feed my main more upgrade mats so that’s on my list for tonight.

People talking about how easy the game is obviously haven’t made it to any of the harder tier 1 content, let alone the endgame tier 3 raids. This game ends up having some very interesting and unforgiving mechanics at max level that you get only the smallest hint of while leveling.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 14, 2022

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

That cutscene and then the one after the dungeon with the elf queen talking to you on the balcony both made me crack up since I’m wearing the same hat. Totally serious dialogue and then it cuts to the brave hero wearing the doofiest paper hat and it’s hilarious.

Good Citizen posted:

Oh is that the fight where the arena starts tilting and trying to toss you into the grinders? That’s a good one
Yeah the karazhan ripoff. It was a cool and fun dungeon though I’m not knocking it.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Going from 302 to like 460 ilvl in a day felt great, but then the push to 600 is a huge slog. You basically need to look up all the islands that give tier 1 upgrade materials and do them and still do multiple days worth of chaos/guardian stuff and more on alts too. I know this is a relic of the original release when there wasn’t more content to do so they wanted to slow it down but with our situation it just feels over the top compared to everything before it.

Even stuff like the Mari’s Shop barely make a dent if you’re trying to buy your way to tier 2. 50 weapon shards for 20 blue crystals when one chance at a weapon upgrade costs 850-1000 shards is pretty insignificant. Plus the 40-60% failure rate means every time the RNG doesn’t go your way, you have to wait another day for your next shot at it.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 15, 2022

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

kliras posted:

where are you supposed to get those books if you spent them the wrong way?

Islands, random side quests, Shadowspire, certain vendors. Auction House is the last resort since they’re probably very overpriced for any of the in-demand books.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

VanillaGorilla posted:

The first awakening skill is basically "teleport to Trixion and the lady gives you the skill", so you didn't miss much.

The quest for your SECOND awakening skill is apparently significantly longer (e.g. 4 hours).

Yeah the second awakening skill quest is pretty tedious. It’s 3-4 hours of traveling around talking to people with literally one or two interesting fights or other activities. But since the wardancer second ability is so much better than the first one that I buckled down and did it as soon as I finished the elf continent and unlocked it.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

bagrada posted:

Wardancer has a crit buff groups love, I see her mentioned as semi-support with Gunlancer. Everyone has a group support buff or debuff but those two got special mention in every class vid I watched.

I haven't seen much on Scrapper aside from people here and in discord saying how much fun the class is.

My wardancer finally hit 600 ilvl yesterday after really awful luck honing gear but overall I'm liking the class. My AOE build for questing and chaos dungeons does feel a bit weaker than some other classes but my boss build is solid. I do find myself running low on mana in guardian raids if I don't have to dodge many mechanics for a while.

As far as the -18% crit resist debuff on bosses and the group +movespeed/atk speed buff, they honestly don't feel like they contribute much in a typical guardian raid matchmaking group. I can see how they would be very impactful if you're in an organized party and people are in voice chat together though. The buff and debuff only have 6 second durations and ~24 second cooldowns so you really need your party to coordinate their big skills at the right time to gain any benefit. But apparently in t3 the wardancer can pump out top tier dps on their own while also buffing the party dps considerably which makes them pretty sought after.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Kaddish posted:

Did you go esoteric or first intention?

I went First Intention since it seemed like a simpler rotation/playstyle but for stuff like guardian raids Esoteric is probably better at this point. First Intention + Preemptive Strike really makes questing and chaos dungeons smooth though.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Being able to use your class engraving twice in the bottom left inventory spaces meant that getting 20 of my blue class engraving book was super important because having +15 total to that is a much bigger boost than any of the generic engravings. I'm near the end of T2 and I currently have two +15 engravings and one +10 equipped, and it feels like the only way to get any better at this point would be a very very lucky ability stone.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

acumen posted:

Yeah that is quite a bit. Chaos rifts are just so fast though. I'm 540ish on my main now just by doing daily rifts on three characters and I've barely done any islands. With only an hour to play some days it does seem like daily rifts*3 might be more productive but when I can buckle down for longer sessions I'll start on the islands. From the way everyone's talking about the push to 600 sounds like I'll need everything I can get.

Just an FYI to avoid confusion- you are talking about chaos dungeons. Chaos Rifts are the things that spawn periodically in the open world that 30 people can enter to kill a few bosses and auction off a map at the end.

Yes this game has a dozen different examples of things named nearly identically to something else in the game and it definitely takes a bit to keep everything straight.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

You can also just do rifts every 3 days and get the same rewards with the rested bonus. I have a bunch of characters that I only touch twice a week when bonuses stack up.

No, doing chaos dungeons every three days gives you 2 days worth of stuff, not 3. It’s more efficient for your time spent but less actual materials than doing them daily.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

T2 just flew by after doing islands. Hit it yesterday evening and I’m already at +11 on everything just from islands and a day of dailies. The next +4 on everything will probably take the rest of the week but islands really are that good for your first character.

I think it's taken me 5 days to go from 1020 to 1080 once I had finished the islands, even with using Mari's shop as much as I could. I do have a lot of the honing success boosters from a few sources so hopefully getting from +14 to +15 won't be that painful.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

AI postbots still have a ways to go I guess.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

jokes posted:

Seems like gold inflation really picked up. On Sunday it was 500g for crystals now it’s 900g for crystals. I think it was roughly 300g ~2 weeks ago

On RU servers that are like two years old, it’s ~1100g. So our economy is definitely quite a bit different due to player numbers or ratio of whales:players or something. Possibly the shitloads of bots and players buying gold for a lot cheaper from third parties than using the ingame store, which I expect will be addressed soon since it’s gotta be hurting their revenue a lot.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 2, 2022

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

You also want something like 7300 Gieneh coins for giant hearts and ship blueprint chests have many sources so I would keep that in mind.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Mozi posted:

For some reason this morning in my stronghold the research and dispatch screen in the management view are only showing one task instead of the 2 researches and dispatches I have going, I had 2 things researching overnight and one finished and I couldn't see the other to complete it as it was only showing the other one that was still in progress, when I rushed that to completion then the other completed research appeared. Then when I started researching 2 things again, now it's just showing me one of them. Same with the dispatch screen, two going but it only shows one.

Yep same, and I’m afraid that I started 2 research tasks and the second one just overwrote the first one but idk.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

It's literally Iron Man from Marvel Heroes and I want it so bad.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Velveteen posted:

So I did a cube ticket in matchmaking. Is there a reason to leave a cube early? Because as soon as we got to like the third room or so two people in the group kept spamming to quit. Me and the other person kept pushing forward. And I guess since at least two people are moving ahead, the rest of the party gets dragged in. We ended up clearing the entire cube and getting the max reward. Was there a reason to quit after the first reward? If you lost you still get your last best reward don't you? Is it just laziness that they wanted the first box and wanted to dip to do something else? I am so confused. We were clearly more than geared enough.

They were idiots, there's no reason to end a cube early unless it's obvious that your group is barely scraping by the current stage and won't be able to clear any farther.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I have a love/hate with my wardancer main. On the one hand, it's super awesome to be fairly mobile and back attack all day, but I almost never get to counter with the beautiful counter it has, as it's a frontal counter not a rear one. Meanwhile sorc is fun immediately and gunlancer feels kinda boring, while sharpshooter is interesting. What to try next for alts?

Yeah my Wardancer is 1345 and it's pretty fun in group/raid content but the damage output is still lower than the fotm classes despite what feels like a more difficult rotation/positioning checks/etc. Everyone from KR/RU keeps saying that WD becomes S-tier later in t3 so I'm sticking with it as my main but doing stuff on my Artillerist or Paladin definitely shows how pitiful WD AOE is in comparison.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I'm sitting on lots of blue crystals and also ~60k gold currently. I'd love to spend the gold on a skin pack or something that will continue to gain value over time but I'm hearing reports of people selling high value things on the marketplace and then using Amazon to reclaim the stuff citing fraud or something similar. That's a pretty lovely situation and I'm really hoping something changes soon because shelling out that much cash for an investment only to have it immediately removed from you due to a false fraud claim would really suck.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Hyper Inferno posted:

Is reset determined by the server? As in NA West reset is now 3 AM PDT while NA East is 3 AM EDT? Because having the daily chaos rift or boss spawn roll over by like 3 hours and counting towards the next day at reset time is some really dumb stuff.

Server reset time is currently 6am Eastern. Before DST it was 5am.

I confirmed this morning that on days that Field Bosses spawn, they keep spawning every hour until 6am. And since the boss actually spawns at like 6:03, you can do him and get rewards even if you did it earlier that reset. We weren’t sure if it would keep working when DST happened but it does.

I’d imagine chaos rifts do the same thing but haven’t confirmed. However if the new day also has chaos rifts and/or field bosses on the schedule then doing this would count towards your limit in the new day but if they aren’t on the schedule then you’re doubling the normal rewards.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I've seen bots do the teleport hack in low level zones but nobody at max level or doing any real content. I'm sure some of it is happening but they probably get banned just like the bots do every banwave.

Hacking for the race event is laughably unnecessary though because of how easy it is to buy out the whole shop every week and also that you don't really get much more for winning than just participating so my bet is either lag or they ran over one of the speed boosts.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

The current clock situation did finally break the "rift/boss at server reset" cheese so that isn't possible currently. Who knows what'll happen the next time they try to fix it though lol.

e: Actually, after this morning's hotfix the ingame clock is now correct so that might mean the 6am thing is doable again.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 18, 2022

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Cinara posted:

The only thing broken is the timers, the actual events happened at the correct time, nothing has changed in regards to getting an extra boss/gate.

Server reset still happened at 6am eastern this morning and no chaos gate spawned. If one had spawned at 5am you wouldn't have been able to do it if you had already done it earlier in the day since it's the same reset.

Now that the hotfix this morning has fixed the clock it should work again though.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Cinara posted:

Oh you're on NA East then who knows, maybe something extra was hosed up on NA East that wasn't on NA West. On west the in game clock was wrong but everything, including reset, was still happening at the correct real life time. Were you using the in game clock to determine when reset was? Cause it would have been incorrect.

Did you miss the big By Name button on the engravings page?

Did you guys get field bosses again today at the reset? NA East didn't so it appears the ride is over for us.