Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.

Amazon posted:

Show your style with the Founder’s exclusive Northern Lawmaker Avatar. The Avatar will be available for the first Advanced Class you select in-game.
-
A special avatar for Platinum Founders. The Avatar will be available for the first Advanced Class you select in-game.

These better come as chests that I can open on whoever, because I don't want both of these armor sets on the same character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Guilds start at 30 peeps but as you rank them up they hit 100 total, honestly not sure if any region will need multiple goon guilds, but maybe that's just pessimistic. Ping can really mess with you though so I will definitely be sitting on the east coast server, when level 3 shits the bed even FFXIV gets unplayable bad for me.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

We'll just be re-using the one we had setup during the betas. I'm in the process of cleaning it up now for launch. URL is below.

https://discord.gg/2F4cM6AH

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Please post your awful pun guild names for us to fight over.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Pigbottom posted:

"more money than sense" a staple mmo hmo guild name

A name made even more powerful in the context of a F2P game :frogc00l:

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Tested it on RU, and gently caress, one character too long, and it rejects More $$$ Than Sense. Game is ruined, calling it all off now.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

More Gold Than Sense :thinkdorm:

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Arzachel posted:

It was flagged as a known issue for the closed beta, should probably be fixed for the launch.

It currently works fine on RU, so I in theory, launch NA should be clear of this.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Gonna have to be quick on the draw to ensure you're the person who gets WeedGoku.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Mat Cauthon posted:

Probably shouldn't pick up a new game but I remember seeing the initial trailers for this a few years ago, getting super hype, and then being immensely disappointed that it wasn't available in the US. Awesome to see it coming stateside finally.

It seems like this is less grindy than the average MMO but how does that look in reality? Am I going to be missing out on a lot if my playing time averages out to maybe 4-5 hours a week?

The game heavily rewards people being invested time wise, up to a point. Playing very casually, you'll always have something to do when you login, but you won't be doing the highest level T1 content, which is not a huge deal imo. (Hitting level cap does't take long at all.) The only issue I foresee down the line is whenever T2 launches how that initial hump will look in NA, that would be the real point where you might have a feeling of being left behind if you're not yet ready for it.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

For anyone wondering about their ping:

https://www.cloudping.info/

Easy way to check your ping in Virginia vs Oregon.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Chocobo posted:

Looking forward to the Gunlancing. I'm trying not to spoil this game for myself, just reading up the class basics to decide what direction to go. It looks like a Diablo game, but then the boss fights I've watched look surprisingly similar to a top-down Monster Hunter hunt.

I'm stoked.

It is very much an MMO in terms of progression, but from that isometric perspective. Guardian raids are 'literally' monster hunter fights, you track the boss down, you have 3 lives, limited healing, and you have to watch the boss for tells instead of looking for floor telegraphs.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

WhiteHowler posted:

What are the required/maximum group sizes for endgame content? Is this something you could basically perma-group like FFXIV or WoW?

4-8 mans most commonly, very easy to get a static rolling.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Harrow posted:

Is there any indication of how long it'll be before they start adding in the classes that won't be there at launch? Not a specific timeline necessarily but "a couple months" to "check back next year" or something?

We have zero official indication at this point unfortunately.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Just wanted to give a heads up, that if you have a RU account, you can make a character, save the template, and then grab it from:

\MyGames\LOSTARK\EFGame\Customizing

In theory you can then drop it in your Steam install in a similar folder for super fast character creation... maybe. I think we're getting extra customization options so maybe it won't work, but found out it was in theory possible and wanted to share.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Smile Gate is very particular about publishers only staying within certain countries it seems, remember when it was big news that they expanded this release?

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/lost-ark-expands-to-34-additional-countries-with-new-server-and-localization-plans-2000123520

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Kaddish posted:

How is the leveling process across classes? For example, is it more difficult with a support like Bard?

Dungeons you can solo or do in a group which would be the only time you notice any slowdown between a support and everyone else, and that won't be so bad. At max level and deeper into the tiers is when you'll notice a bit more of a slowdown, but mostly this just boils down to you have an ability loadout for chaos dungeoning and such, and an ability loadout for doing actual group content and you just do solo things slower. Supports really the only classes that experience this to a noticeable effect.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Just a reminder that per Discord polling we have enough west coast goons to definitely make a small guild, and there's enough EU goons to make an even smaller guild if they want. But currently we don't have anyone heading either of those efforts.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

The general rule of thumb is that anything that qualifies as a melee attack probably has a general butt attack bonus. This is something ranged classes don't care about. However, the Deadeye should be noted as weird because they end up doing a bunch of melee range buttons.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Did Smilegate make it so when you pick say Warrior, you can switch between like Paladin, Berserker, and Gunlancer? Cause that would be cool. Otherwise I was planning on making a new character for each class, for a total of 15 right now. :P

When you pick a class from your archetype or whatever, you are locked in forever. Once BEEG sword, always BEEG sword.

MarcusSA posted:

AFAIK didn’t they just fine tune the game so the most alts you’ll need is 6? This was done to counter gold inflation.

6 seems like a lot but with the passive training it wouldn’t be hard to get that many up and running.

It's not so much that you need 6, it's that after a certain point they changed the rewards you get for doing content because people were no life zerging with as many alts as they had time in the day. So after earning gold on 6 characters, your dailies and such earn something else instead.

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 3, 2022

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I am leveling all classes to cap. :blastu: even if I have to play on different servers.

You can buy additional character slots on a server, you have up to 4 pages of 6 characters, so you can have more characters than there are classes atm in a single home, sharing all those server bonuses.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I said come in! posted:

The short Twitch stream today to talk about Lost Ark launch next week, was very good. Lost of cool stuff coming to the game. Lost Ark Global is launching with Direct X 11 as well! It's a major improvement over DX10.

drat, this is legit really good news, the performance benchmarks for DX11 showed huge improvements on identical hardware across the board.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

There's no good option, but if F2P goons can not dedicate to a server for like a week, just try things out and see if this a temporary stop gap, I think that would be best. Currently we'd need extra guild organizers in all 3 regions to handle people trying to setup new homes on different server, which if you wanna do that great, and I can help get you guys setup in the Discord. But speaking for NA East, that's not something I want to add to our current load of too many guilds because of this terrible player cap. No good options for this poo poo sandwich.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Anyone else playing on Steam and getting achievements that they're way underqualified for? One that I unlocked is getting 500 cards when I have like a dozen at most.

Steam achievements are incredibly inaccurate for whatever reason across the board. Both in getting them too early, and then ones that are really easy showing 0.1% player base completion, while others have more accurate numbers. Whole implementation is borked.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

NAEast static looking for a dps for Friday night raiding, inquire on the Discord :frogdunce:

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

NA East static looking for someone for Friday night action, inquire within the Discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

If any goons still playing on NAE and need a static home, inquire on the Discord. Had some folks burnout and throwing a feeler out to see if we can put something back together.