Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Really excited for the launch, will be using my first holiday day of the year to be having fun on day 1 (yes I’m a dork).

Will be going Paladin and as previous posters have mentioned it’s incredible we’re finally getting a Diablo style MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
For anyone buying a founders pack gold and up - you get (presumably) unique armour, but it appears that you can only get it once and it's tailored to the advanced class you pick.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/founders-pack-showcase#ags-MediaPopup

For what it's worth these all look incredible, shout out to the Ryu armour. Edit: also the Tyrael armour for Paladin

ColdIronsBound fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 17, 2022

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Watched all the intro to the class videos on Lost Ark's YouTube channel. They all look fantastic.

Shame about the gender locks.. I'm a guy and have no issue playing a female character, however it does feel a bit odd playing a barely clothed female character.

Was settled on Paladin but now I'm 50/50 with Striker too.

Thank you for reading.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Few quick bits from my 3 hours last night.

Play to the level 20 dungeon if you want to work out if this game is for you I guess - the dungeon is fantastic.

Striker does not feel great - not sure what it is but the skills don't feel as though they do much damage but will keep playing. I understand the role is quite positional so maybe thats just not clicking for me.

If you have frame rate stutters try turning off 'Area' chat, it hugely improved mine.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Backtracking on my previous comments on Striker.

The class rules, hit level 30 and sorted out skills and now I’m hitting like a tank. Hiiiii-yah!

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Crazy that Amazon/Smilegate decided to use flavour text on tooltips for all the currencies instead of helpful information (where to use them would be a start).

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
The funny thing about the twitch drops at the moment is that you're watching Streamers stream.... youtube videos of Lost Ark because they're stuck in queue. You can't make this stuff up.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

So which west coast server is goon territory

Mari according to the Discord

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Please don’t buy anything on the cash shop guys

(except from the pretty piñata)

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Can we remove all the P2W talk in the thread and just have a disclaimer in the OP that there is a cash shop that sells progression items.

Also, genuinely surprised the shop doesn't have more cool cosmetics - I think there is only one outfit for my Striker, 2 mounts and 2(?) pets.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008

Catullus posted:

sup 17k queue, Thirain server (EU).

The game gives you some hope for the first 30 mins of queuing where the mostly sane people log off after seeing the length of the queue, shortening it by 3-4k very quickly. The other 10k however

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Not that I'm an expert but I think every MMO dev needs to play this.

And create two columns on a white board with their peers - everything fun (the siege/colliseum/combat skills etc) goes in the 'DEVELOP' side and everything else goes in the 'BIN' column (fetch quests/side quests for no rewards/insane systems).

I'm pretty sure this is how devs could make a better MMO.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Just got to the Evil Cave, I wonder what this is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Looks like the new Euro region is up, crossing everything that it helps with queues