Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Judging by discord activity, there are like 2 people still playing.

Also targeting week 5 assuming everyone hits their 17s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Depending on when you quit, yes, no, maybe.

They added challenge abyss/guardian at some point. If you quit before that, it's weekly homework if you want to do it or not. I skip achates and velganos because i don't like them at all.

Chaos dungeon is still 2x a day, but clears are like ~20% faster since things spawn faster and will run to you from the entire map.

Guardians are only 1x a day with rest/rewards adjusted accordingly. Guardian raids through the ice turtle have free battle items available

You are no longer allowed to run brel 5-6 on every character every week. Well technically there isn't a g5-6 anymore, but same idea. Similarly a bunch of terrible gates were straight removed (g1 vykas, g2/5 brel, g1 kayangel)

You have a slight incentive to run raids on characters beyond 6 because you get to buy the end raid boxes for free for those characters for 3 raids, and lower end raids now all drop class accessories at like 50% rate

Cube and boss rush are combined into one thing to do

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

d0grent posted:

man, my dumb rear end thought that as long as you were on the jump start server, any character you make can get boosted. but you only get 1 boost

2 if you count the boost event that isn't jump start specific

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Jazzy Jones posted:

I have picked up Lost Ark for the first time and I am just casual player so not sure if I will ever stay to do any hard core stuff because not sure if I have a time to commit to the grind. One thing makes me wonder, are any better armor looks behind cash shop or super end game? I am level 40 slayer and every armor skin look so generic. I am currently at 200 ilvl and main gear difference were stats or colour.

Better is in the eye of the beholder, but basically any time you progress to a new gear item, the appearance changes, even if it's minimal. Some people like the much older gear appearance compared to the ones closer to end game, but really they're almost always covered since skins give a minor stat increase. I think they added an item that lets you transmute gear pieces into actual skins when they added yozs jar.

For example, I think for bard, the base armor skin is mostly the same one you get relic gear at 1415 all the way to 1580 with changes to color and some ornaments each time you upgrade the set at clown, brel, and kayangel. Then at akkan, it completely changes for the worse and looks like a recolor of the generic mage chaos dungeon skin.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Buddykins posted:

have a lvl 50 and loving overwhelmed with all the screens and forgot everything.

Tbh all the interfaces is probably not the worst part of starting (again). Finding raid groups would just be a pain in the butt

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 23, 2024

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Hyper Inferno posted:

And raids or even just guardian fights require consumables to be effectively run which are tied to an actually important currency so pugs end up being super stingy about bringing consumables which just leads to complaining from all parties.

For the most part you have effectively unlimited free consumables, at least for the ones that are considered necessary, unless you suck and drink purple potions like water or you run way too much stuff. This doesn't stop people from being stingy, even when the consumables are actually straight up free in guardian raids under 1540.

Like if you're chain darking every daily/weekly and chugging purple pots, you'll probably run out of offensive/potion chests, but I'm not sure how you'd ever run out of utility chests, which are usually what's demanded for guardians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Jossar posted:

And now, even if I wanted to come back, my 1519-ish Deathblade is too low for high level groups, but too high to join a committed friend group.

FWIW at least the ilvl part is a lot less important than you think because the current progression events get you to 1600-1610 pretty easily. Normal mode of the raid that just released is 1610. You probably wouldn't want to come back for *other* reasons, but ilvl catchup isn't as bad as you'd think

They did also add something where you get the skill points from islands / ignea / giant hearts fairly easily