Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Harrow posted:

Also: is this the kind of game where playing a support like Paladin kinda sucks solo due to low damage or do they do enough damage and are engaging enough to play that leveling is still pretty fun? (Or is this the kind of game where you don't really solo in the first place? To be honest I know little about it outside of watching some flashy gameplay videos that look cool.)

This video linked in the last thread goes into the support class mechanics and all the classes. tldr: leveling and pvp you can do reasonable damage but pve requires you to spec into support stats so your damage falls off pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

wolfs posted:

that’s just like your opinion man

- Game's isometric and click to move.
- Leveling and endgame has the traditional themepark mmo structure: open world questing zones, dungeon and raid instances etc.
- Loot and gear also follows (k)mmos much more closely than arpgs. You get preset sets of gear with every tier of content and then farm materials to enhance this gear in various ways.
- You have more abilities and more elaborate rotations than traditional arpgs.

Probably doesn't matter what it's call it as long as you know what you're getting into

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Pragmatica posted:

if you are looking at founder's packs, i believe gold is typically the “best” option, but people who have looked into the store side and are more familiar with the different options may be able to expand on the best choices and why.

The interesting parts of the packs are the Crystalline Aura (~10$), Royal Crystals (10$ per 1000 most likely) and Character Expansion Slot (~8$). Bronze and Silver, you effectively pay 5$ for the early access. Gold's more efficient then buying the stuff separately *if you think you'll put 40$ into the game anyways* plus you get a skin.

I said come in! posted:

Hahaha oooh that game makes me sad. It's so pretty looking, the art style is perfect, but then you try to actually play it. :(

:( :hf: :(

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 14, 2022

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I honestly dont think they are going with the korean rates of currency, too inflated for western audiences. If they are saying 4k currency I'm going to expect its 40 bucks worth, not 4 bucks worth of it.

Yeah, the Russian servers are a better comparison and those have a different conversion rate and prices afaik

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I will play Sorceress and figure out which of the punchy classes I want for an alt later

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Hefty posted:

FYI I just read that (on NA/EU) if you create a character and then delete it, the name won’t get released. Bummer since that’s exactly what I was planning to do — create all my characters and then go back and customize.

It was flagged as a known issue for the closed beta, should probably be fixed for the launch.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Spuckuk posted:

Am I the only EU player boarding this?

There's at least three of us!

PrinnySquad posted:

The game heavily rewards people being invested time wise, up to a point. Playing very casually, you'll always have something to do when you login, but you won't be doing the highest level T1 content, which is not a huge deal imo. (Hitting level cap does't take long at all.) The only issue I foresee down the line is whenever T2 launches how that initial hump will look in NA, that would be the real point where you might have a feeling of being left behind if you're not yet ready for it.

They introduce catch-up gear with every tier of content bringing everyone just below the poopsockers so it shouldn't be too bad.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

engravings look fun as hell any tips for sorc engravings?

Saintone made a good video on sorc builds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFZ87Hr58cY

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Sorc feels like cheating leveling compared to some of the melee classes. All abilities are wide aoes. Some of the widest hitting one are also the hardest hitting ones in general so you use them to chunk bosses. No resource management while leveling, just cast whatever you want thats out of cooldown

Scrapper early leveling in comparison is painful.

Playing Sorceress first spoiled me, tried messing with other classes in the trial area but no one else really clicked quite as well.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Weeeird. Anyone know if a friend in Europe creates a character on the Euro server and I and another friend pick US East if we can still play together? Or is it even so bad as like US East 1 can't play with US East 5?

You can play together within a region (Europe, NA East, NA West, South America) but not between regions.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

admanb posted:

The one thing you can do is add accents to letters, so you can use this thing instead of a regular i. It sucks if someone has to type out your name but as far as I can tell that's entirely unnecessary beyond friend/guild invites.

This is a practice I stole from WoW, which has similarly terrible name restrictions.

It's me, WēēdGökü

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

oh i didn't realize i could manually do it, that makes a lot more sense. will do that, mb.

for gunlancer is it better to go for "red" or "blue"? I'm not sure if there's a huge difference between the two, really, this game confuses me.

Red (Solo Knight) and blue (Combat Readiness) are the two Gunlancer class engravings. Blue is the face tank spec and uses mostly shield skills, red has more burst and uses mostly gunlance skills. Pick whichever you like the best, they're both good.