Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Harrow posted:

How does the class system work? Do you pick a base class like Warrior or Mage and then promote to an advanced class like Paladin later? Or do you pick your "real" class at the start and things like Warrior, Mage, etc. are just groupings?

Also: is this the kind of game where playing a support like Paladin kinda sucks solo due to low damage or do they do enough damage and are engaging enough to play that leveling is still pretty fun? (Or is this the kind of game where you don't really solo in the first place? To be honest I know little about it outside of watching some flashy gameplay videos that look cool.)

'Or do you pick your "real" class at the start and things like Warrior, Mage, etc. are just groupings?' <<< this

Paladin works for leveling, but I didn't level past 25. Honestly it felt like leveling was pretty much class agnostic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Playing Gunlancer while also playing Path of Exile is pretty harsh on my dopamine receptors

as in, I'll level Gunlancer with powerpass because it's unbearable

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Khorne posted:

There's a reason I rolled berserker

Username checks out!

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Ok, report after taking a Sharpshooter to ~26:

much much much much better than Gunlancer.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
On some EU servers this game is almost unplayable. I had a 4h30min queue yesterday.