Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!

Pragmatica posted:

if you are looking at founder's packs, i believe gold is typically the “best” option, but people who have looked into the store side and are more familiar with the different options may be able to expand on the best choices and why.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/nxc12f/value_of_the_silver_gold_platinum_founder_packs/

This post on the Reddit is from a KR player parsing out the value of each pack vs the cost in the Korean in game store. Lots of good info in the replies as well if you wanted to dig in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!

Pragmatica posted:

I played with someone the majority of beta, questing together and such. It wasn't too bad. There are some solo scenario type things that breaks it up a bit, but we didn't find it annoying or anything like that. The only issue we had sometimes was with phasing, but zoning in and out seemed to fix it easily. It is definitely a little different than WoW questing with someone, but I still found it fun and plan to be grouped for the majority of leveling at release.

Just to follow up on this, I also played the entire Beta with a buddy of mine and except for a few story missions everything was Duo/single group-able (90-95% of the time playing). From what I've read too, only some of the weekly content (Abyssal Raids & Legion Raids/8 person and Abyssal Dungeons/4 person) require more than a single person. All the daily content can be done in up to a full group, it just scales up to accommodate the additional people. As for the phasing issue, there are "channels" that you zone into when you go to a new area like Rolling Hills - 1 or Rollings Hills - 2, which you can jump between using an icon on the map screen. So if your group zones into a new area and are not together, some of you clicks twice and hops over to the channel your friends are in.