Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
My understanding is that most of the content that requires more strict character commitment for progression isnt going to be in at launch so it playing a bunch of different classes shouldn’t cause you to be left behind. It seems the best thing to do with the release content is to focus on the account level progression instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I usually like the play the fast agile classes so I am thinking either Deathblade or Gunslinger

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

joepinetree posted:

As a sucker for peer pressure I am considering playing this game. Thinking of the MMOs I've played, I have a consistent preference: between powertech in SWTOR and Demon Hunter in WOW, we're talking very mobile classes with a satisfying opener (i love that crunch of first contact). From my 8 minutes of research, it seems that I should pick something like scrapper,beserker or shadowhunter. Would that be accurate?

I watched this video this morning and think it provides the best overview of all the classes. It doesn’t get into skills or builds or anything just basic play styles and potential positives and negatives for each class.

https://youtu.be/cpn6_CYsTrE

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Do Bard/Paladin support skills only work on people in your party or do they work one everyone?