Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

So once you hit 50 and do a couple chaos dungeons for the 302 set, what's the fastest way to get to 380 to be able to do the harder world bosses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Seriously the rest of this guy's guides should also go in the OP rather than having to mash G through the poorly translated ingame guides of this gacha.

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/news/class-overview

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/1-50-leveling-guide

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/post-50-guide

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Spare some knowledge on a few unrelated questions that have been kind of cropping up in the playthrough.

Does Attack Speed impact only the basic attacks having no effect on abilities?

I've kept my reward books unopened in their chests still to be selected from, is there a tier list of engravings worth pursuing in the long run?

Is there a minimum about of points to be dumped into Endurance for endgame as not appear too squishy?

Has anyone claimed the Prime loot yet - how many amethyst shards?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Why aren't there any more pvp modes besides throwing players in the pit and letting the stunlocks decide the outcome? Why do I keep snagging onto all things underfoot like they're reusing invisible cacti for collision meshes? What is the great mystery behind how the emote list is ordered? Find out 300 patches from now!

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Well it might be due to your slow hard drive since this Unreal engine game uses texture streaming, so you end up seeing major pop in when it's slow at loading the huge jpegs

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

Thanks I had no idea that skin was there and it rules. Best use of gems I’ve seen so far

The bonus on this auto fast sail skin is also p good, a 30% proc chance to refill the gauge a tick away from full on each fast sail. I put this skin on my White Wind that has a higher rate of fast sail regen, and it's like auto fast sail half the time.

Also a tip for when putting orders on the price-regulated currency exchange for near instant processing. Don't put an order if there's like 100k+ queued in front of you, wait for the system to bump up the allowed price by one and quickly list at the new price.

e. Oh my god it even picks up flotsam automatically, and has some bonus resists too... What can't this skin do!?

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 21, 2022

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

acumen posted:

Okay checking back in here after doing the first one (Serenity Isle) on the maxroll T3 speedrun guide. Got like 1.5k red, 5.5k blue shards and a few other things in maybe 30-45mins. It's still pretty boring imo but that sure is a lot of crystals.

That guide is not nearly enough T1 crystals to hit the next tier. Its fatal flaw is that it gives you a good initial island route for making the mats to hone to 460 and get to Rohendel but that's it. Whatever leftover mats will maybe push you over 500 with standard chances, then it memory holes the huge chunks of materials required for the rest of the way to 600 and goes on with the T2 island route :confuoot:

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The cosmetic shop is suspiciously lacking for an international gacha of this size. Like I get most of whaling happens in hard locking the gear game, but having more than one skin per class and pets and mounts that aren't all from the nearby birch woods, would not alter the perception of this cash grab as much as the producers think.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Props to whatever Smilegate intern that was sat to implement Unreal engine's joystick support into this game so that all of twenty people worldwide could relive playing their favorite LoL characters with an Xbox controller. Rebindable keys are already great for managing the static ability/utility bars your way, but by the virtue of being published on Steam all the inputs are intercepted by its overlay allowing for even greater customization like turbo buttons.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I don't usually follow the inane story line because I value my sanity, so picking up this polaroid without having any context gave me a pause.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Still haven't a single inkling on how the story is supposed to tie together progressing across all the continents, but Feiton is definitely very satisfying in a D3/POE hordes of mobs and boss fights kind of way.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

QuantaStarFire posted:

Probably, yeah. But I'm just not keen on pugging hard content, and I'm not going to bother goons and subject them to any of my bullshit, so I'm just not going to do any of it. And since that just leaves Chaos dungeons as the only way forward, and they're not compelling enough on their own to justify logging in every day, my time in Lost Ark is effectively finished.

Yeah, I really wanted to enjoy LAO's senseless cargo cult take on the popularized gimmicks the direction team naively borrowed from the isometric hack 'n slash games their older siblings used to play. It's just a shame the dev budget ran out right after modeling such a beautiful static world to play in which is then never reused again past the atrocious main story line, and instead the players are left with repeating the mindless runs of the claustrophobic single-room D3 rifts and whacking at children's book caricatures of MH monsters with mechanics that will make a seasoned design team resign in dishonor.

The facade of fetishes is the name of this game's direction. There's nothing in it more deeply thought through than a recollection of some vague concept in the last decade of gaming or some pop culture high fantasy lore. Like take the staple filler MMO activities like player housing that has so much room, heh, for creativity and customization, but no it caters solely to some weird harem fantasy with one single garish island to plop down a fountain on and invite all NPCs love interests wooed via the tacked-on gift-grifting system for a feast/party. Mundane are the achievements, collectables, and gathering that all also fall under the pursuit of similarly senseless rewards - some useless charisma stat poison or the necessary kind of health poison that differs from the regular kind that's sold at vendor... with everything boiling down to the "go to this spot on the map and hit G repeatedly until your bot-prevention gathering energy or your will to play any game runs out".

Past all the disjointed performative window dressing hastily glued on top by the similarly siloed collective that seems to make up Smilegate, at its core this game's a myriad of time-honed gambling and loot crate paradigms aimed at filtering out the dedicated whales willing to drop hundreds of dollars on chance boosting items to make any visible progress through the singular sisyphean journey of gachaing the curved remainder of the statistical 100 honing failures to the latest tier gear, T3/1100 or whatever it may be at the moment. With how long this game's been out and playable with production ready assets making profit on the real money store, any insistence post its international launch that anyone can reach a higher tier of gear within a few months just by ardently shoveling rat poo poo aboard Peyto while simultaneously being disallowed to partake in the full extent of pretty princess dressup is simply criminal.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Flair posted:

I just got DCed. I am unsure how more reliable this new matchmaking has become.

I've lost 4 legendary maps in the last hour just to this, what's the easiest way to contact Bezos for reimbursement?

e. 7 legendary maps actually

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Lmao all the channels for the sub-50 overworld areas are absolutely swarming with sorc and zerg bots sliding around out of bounds appearing just long enough to aoe a group mobs. You'd think the devs would learn not to rely on client side in mmos after all this time, but what can you ask of such an inexperienced team straight out of digital arts college.

Wonder if the publisher will finally throw a chunk of resources towards tackling this rampant botting problem, now that duping is 'fixed' for the time being, with whatever skeleton team that's left keeping this project on lifeline or simply bandaid it by nerfing some classes so they can't be so mindlessly automated.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I do really enjoy gimping through my daily Anguished isle content with not being able to use half my skillbar because skipping a cutscene with a controller button is a big nono for the game.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Who needs a dev server when you can just test it live

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Finally got my grabby hands on the chaos dung T3 cube ticket drop. A quick cross-server matchmake, a few favorable modifiers later and my main's one plat chest richer.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Someone has spent all of two minutes in mspaint modifying the abysmal T3 honing rates chart with the gated content that's still not in the international version. It remains to be seen which path Amazon will take in regards to releasing the end game; whether they will appeal to the unwashed masses and up the rates giving the players more false sense of hope to keep them spending on crystals, or maximize their shareholder revenue through focusing on the 1% streamer, youtuber, whale market and just push out unreachable content as they've been doing.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I've plugged in the ranges into https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/upgrade-calculator to estimate the materials cost with the developer revealed honing rates for upgrading a full set of gear from 1340 to 1370, and got some rough market quotes averaging between the highs and the lows of recent history, showing that if you were to source it all from the market, at least on US West it may cost you over six hundred thousand in gold.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I will force you all to love this game.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I keep telling these low APM PUGs the gosu 3+1=5 clock strats, but they just keep hamfisting the ol' DST with the loud Apple alarm method and wiping on the red tornadoes.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

quote:

-"We're Not Calling It An Express Event" Express Event to get a character to 1415.

Tryhard gamers and content providers dumping four digit figures into mats in the first half a year of NA launch to P2Express ilvl 1350+ while the original abysmal honing probabilities were in effect, will never be unfunny now that the devs are finally playing fast and loose with arbitrary gear progression to retain an echo of a playerbase. Might give this new class a try and a powerpass till peons or prions or whatever currency they use to throttle the market runs out again.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Great to see the game still bringing new players through regular patches and events. So many of them working diligently through the quests in the sub-50 zones :3
https://i.imgur.com/BdA7v3E.mp4

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

How about they stop making their community devs push out paragraphs of pisswarm apologia and remove the phreakon cash shop currency levied on selected player market items in addition to gold from the game altogether? Just shutter any further development on this conceptually incomplete solution to parasitizing the player auction house that ultimately stifled it to the point of unusable, and instead put the resources towards streamlining and normalizing the broad player leveling experience and gear progression away from the sporadic material giveaway events that these gacha-brains only know how to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

So the Rowen Vikings DLC arc of this pirates and vikings game that dropped as a part of the anniversary update a few days ago is surprisingy mature and emotionally investing in its storytelling, compared to the nauseating plot vomit I've come to expect of the MSQ. Maybe some of their bargain bin interns have finally left and they've been forced to hire a writer with passing ability to adapt a bog basic Nordic setting for their gacha. And looks like the bots haven't parsed Rowen's navigation yet, since the spam you see in chat is all 'Hablo Banana' and none of 'hh'.