Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Where does it say what number wordle it is? It's quite fun, but I don't see myself doing it forever. I've done 7 in a row, all in 4 or 5 guesses, never more or less. I want an elusive 3 guess.

I feel like there's probably a technically correct starting word or two that covers all the most common letters. There's a bit of strategy in finding and using words with lots of unguessed letters even if you've found some already, but also reusing yellow letters to find where they go in the word.

The hardest part is when there's two of the same letter or resisting the urge to look up good five letter words that use the letters you haven't guessed yet :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Actually holy poo poo, my finest hour. First time getting it in 3 as well lmao. I used one of the vowel heavy starter words I saw in this thread.

Wordle 213 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not posting solution, but guessed words Adieu and Botch.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Wordle 214 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Seems like everyone is smashing this one.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The boss of where I work posted a screenshot of their completed 2/6 Wordle in a company-wide Slack channel at 10.15am. Fuming over here. My day is ruined, as is the sanctity of my streak.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

GEEKABALL posted:

Stepping up to the two guess club

Wordle 230 2/6

⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Feels good man

Wordle 230 2/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

So is it now American spellings? Seriously threw me off.