Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Big Beef City posted:

It's a decent little thing.
Tonight I learned of Absurdle that puts a bit of a twist on it.
this is basically what I assume all video games with hidden information are secretly doing when they piss me off

Wordle 208 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sid Vicious posted:

i start with trend idk why it only has one vowel and i kind of feel dumb about it now
I started 208 with "grift" lol

Wordle 209 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

I pick a different word every time it's part of the fun
tentative agree

the programmer in me sees this as something that can be optimized probabilistically, and is tempted to do so, but the fun in that would be designing the algorithm. actually using it would get boring really fast, you might as well just look up what the answer is, I'm sure somebody spoils it daily

so far actually playing it just going in blind and feeling your way through is fun
the best part is right before you solve it when you're squinting at the mess you've made and it suddenly clicks

I'm playing one in the archives right now and I'm like

wtf starts with a d, and has an f and an r in it, and the only vowel is a? :raise:
especially with the r not in the second position and the f not in the fourth

but I know if I give it a minute it's going to come to me and it's an extremely satisfying feeling when it does

also, I've just learned of the existence of "hard mode" and it's not far from the way I've been playing anyway because it's not really interesting to me to approach it as limiting the possibilities. I want to feel like I'm giving the best possible answer for the information I have, like I could win it on THIS TURN, rather than setting myself up for a win later, which is why I'm a show-stoppingly poor chess player

I just got the archived puzzle above and I was right it was satisfying as hell

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

196 in the archive pissed me off lol. I didn't believe it was a word until I googled it

The Bloop posted:

Wordle 2 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

this was some bullshit lmao

found the mods' weakness

e: this joke doesn't make sense, I was confusing wordle 1 with wordle 2

Cubone fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 14, 2022

Cubone
May 26, 2011

wordle 69 sure was something awful

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Wordle 224 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

threes don' make me feel smart, they make me feel lucky
I think fours make me feel smartest
five or six usually means I was kinda like "gently caress it" and threw in a word or two just to give me more information to go by, OR the word was bullshit

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Wordle 225 2/6

⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🍀

afaict after my first guess there were only 4 possible words, one of which I knew they wouldn't use because it's regional and solecistic, and of the other three, I just didn't think of the ones that it wasn't lol
letter 4 being what it was, my mind goes right to letter 5 being what it was

Cubone
May 26, 2011

decided before I played today that my first five guesses would be EIGHT LITHE NAKED JUICY HOMOS

got it on my sixth 💪

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Wordle 253 4/6
🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I won Daily Squardle #24 with 2 guesses to spare!
Board after 3 guesses:
⬛⬛⬜⬛🟩
⬛🔳⬛🔳🟥
⬜⬛⬛🟧🟧
⬛🔳🟥🔳🟥
⬜🟧🟧🟨⬜
https://fubargames.se/squardle/

Daily Crosswordle 39: 1m 49s https://crosswordle.vercel.app/?daily=1
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://quintessential.fun #20 (doctor who): 8 moves
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛

Daily Lewdle 40 4/6
🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
lewdlegame.com

nerdlegame 40 4/6
⬛⬛🟪🟪⬛🟪⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟪🟪⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪🟩🟪🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily #14
0️⃣8️⃣⬛1️⃣5️⃣
1️⃣7️⃣⬛0️⃣9️⃣
1️⃣8️⃣⬛1️⃣0️⃣
0️⃣4️⃣⬛2️⃣1️⃣
1️⃣1️⃣⬛1️⃣2️⃣
2️⃣0️⃣⬛1️⃣3️⃣
1️⃣6️⃣⬛0️⃣6️⃣
1️⃣4️⃣⬛0️⃣7️⃣
sedecordle.com
#sedecordle

Chessle 15 (Normal) 4/6
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
https://jackli.gg/chessle

Cubone
May 26, 2011

infuriating

Wordle 454 X/6

⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Hellblazer187 posted:

Today's answer had no gimmicks and I respect that

I don't know what this word really means I'm pretty sure that reference is the only reason that combination of sounds ever entered my brain.

lol