Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hey, I've played competitive scrabble (lol) since 2008, so I might be able to offer some tips to anyone having trouble. The first thing to think about is what are the most common letters in the alphabet, which are the letters in CANISTER. also it's most common to have 2 vowels 3 consonants or vice versa.

What I would recommend is your first guess be something from CANISTER without the C (i.e. AEINRST i.e. RETINAS/RETSINA/etc.), for example

RAISE/ANTES/ANISE/TEARS and so on

after your first turn, in most situations, you want to try the next most common letters - even if the word doesn't have them, it tells you a ton of info, for example try

CDL for consonants. if it looks like you will need another vowel, definitely O.

at this point you should be in pretty good shape, given you a few suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hell yeah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

196 in the archive pissed me off lol. I didn't believe it was a word until I googled it

which word?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

am I supposed to be able to see the solutions somehow? all I see is the colored squares

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Wordle 210 3/6*

⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Alucard posted:

If you think five letters is cool, try the five word thread!

I don't think any of us have solved it yet.

link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Started from the beginning, doing them one by one

#3 stumped me and I rage closed window. That isn't a loving word, it's an onomatopoeia or cartoon dialog noise or something.

lol, it is a word but not really used at all today