Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Ego Trip posted:

Is it Sober Wednesday ?
It is not!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ZachAttack posted:

. Also there is a NEW pamphlet style FiTD game called BLOODSTONE that would be fun to run.

I grabbed this and it's pretty cool. Any others besides this sand CBR-PNK?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Can someone post the base version of quarex’s av so i can do the thing

Or whatever thing you want to see quarex’s face poorly edited on

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Fellis posted:

Can someone post the base version of quarex’s av so i can do the thing

Or whatever thing you want to see quarex’s face poorly edited on

I have something but I don't want to eat the ban.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Avatars live forever in the URL fiddlin'

Just change the number or whatever, let me check

Oh that is not a thing anymore oops

hahahah this is legitimately the only copy I found, and I 100% swear this was a real post from a still-unknown-to-me person in a thread ages ago (though I do have my suspicions about the source)

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Bottom Liner posted:

I grabbed this and it's pretty cool. Any others besides this sand CBR-PNK?

I haven't seen any others yet. Emanoel Melo curates a list CBRPNK spin offs on his itch page, https://itch.io/c/1517050/cbrpnk-directory, but those are all add ons rather than full games themselves.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
Good luck with the housing lottery, plebes.

Shadragul
Feb 17, 2020

Patently Ridiculous

I keep forgetting to post this picture for/of you Quarex, so enjoy!

EDIT:Hmmm.... Forums don't seem to be loading the image from imgur so: http://imgur.com/gallery/AemtlZQ

Shadragul fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 11, 2022

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Shadragul posted:

I keep forgetting to post this picture for/of you Quarex, so enjoy!

EDIT:Hmmm.... Forums don't seem to be loading the image from imgur so: http://imgur.com/gallery/AemtlZQ

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
^^^^^ Hahaha, thank you. I had forgotten about that quality moment. OH AWESOME THEY ARE OPEN LATE DURINOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

Eastmabl posted:

Good luck with the housing lottery, plebes.
*looking down at the masses with his VIG-branded milk snifter* Ho ho ho! Just imagine... having to compete with others of average gamer importance

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Eat the VIGs.

I think this 1:51pm is my earliest time ever.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oh you all got your tines already? What are they? Curious to see what the latest is since it could give us clues to attendance this year.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

nesbit37 posted:

Oh you all got your tines already? What are they? Curious to see what the latest is since it could give us clues to attendance this year.

Looks like nobody got a time after 4:00, but they squeezed them really close together. (Like slots are only a minute apart.)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

CellBlock posted:

Looks like nobody got a time after 4:00, but they squeezed them really close together. (Like slots are only a minute apart.)

I am really curious to see when downtown rooms sell out this year, if they sell out at all. That was a huge indicator of a smaller event last year. I was also surprised that even at half capacity Gen Con couldn't sell out of downtown rooms. I really think last year was just a con dominated by locals and day trippers that were not using hotels. I don't know how else to explain it.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Does the housing portal trick from previous years still work? Give your friend the password to your account and make the reservation as you. Then change your old password?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I don't see why it wouldn't work but who knows.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

nesbit37 posted:

I am really curious to see when downtown rooms sell out this year, if they sell out at all. That was a huge indicator of a smaller event last year. I was also surprised that even at half capacity Gen Con couldn't sell out of downtown rooms. I really think last year was just a con dominated by locals and day trippers that were not using hotels. I don't know how else to explain it.

What kind of times were last years? I've got 2:41PM this year and in 2019 which was the first (and only) year my wife and I went, that was about 40 minutes too late to get anything downtown.

Numinous fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 12, 2022

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

BlackIronHeart posted:

Eat the VIGs.
I think you will find it challenging to finish eating even a single VIG

Numinous posted:

What kind of times were last years? I've got 2:41PM this year and in 2019 which was the first (and only) year my wife and I went, that was about 40 minutes too late to get anything downtown.
There is a chart uhhh here you go edit: Yes, I am also excited rooms for 2021 are still available. Also I just realized this chart does not really answer your question.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Oh 3:30 is the approximate last time slot this year? Too bad, suckers, I'm going at 3:21.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

Dr. Quarex posted:

There is a chart uhhh here you go edit: Yes, I am also excited rooms for 2021 are still available. Also I just realized this chart does not really answer your question.

Thanks! Any previous times probably won't really reflect whats going to happen anyways. Covid, new hotels, attendance numbers, etc... all making things screwy.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Hey there are notless fat VIGs. And we will fight you.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
All downtown was toast by about 1:50 this year, or about 30m before my ticket came up. rip

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Campbell posted:

All downtown was toast by about 1:50 this year, or about 30m before my ticket came up. rip
Sorry Campbell :( :( Have you watched the magnificent feature film Hobocon for ideas

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Looks like even all the airport hotels are sold out. I wonder if there are just fewer rooms in the block this year after last year? I wonder if gen con had to eat something for not filling all of downtown in 2021. I know there was no limit on downtown rooms for exhibitors this year within their room allocation. Normally they only get half downtown rooms.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

nesbit37 posted:

Looks like even all the airport hotels are sold out. I wonder if there are just fewer rooms in the block this year after last year? I wonder if gen con had to eat something for not filling all of downtown in 2021. I know there was no limit on downtown rooms for exhibitors this year within their room allocation. Normally they only get half downtown rooms.

It has to be a combination of fewer rooms in the housing block and the vendors grabbing a bunch. The embassy was out of double bed rooms before 1pm on VIG reg day.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

nesbit37 posted:

After watching the hotels go bust we went and browsed reservations for a number of downtown block hotels on the Hilton App and was able to reserve a room outside of the lottery through the app. Burned some points and got the pricing down to block pricing. Fewer rooms in the block seems likely.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Yep, they posted an announcement that was basically "whoops, the ENTIRE block is already gone, and that's kinda our bad - we weren't able to get enough rooms in time". It also said, though, that they're continuing to add more, so keep an eye out if you either didn't get one or got one and are looking to switch.

My group managed to get two rooms; one at the Sheraton and one at the Alexander, neither super far away, so worst case scenario for us is pretty mild at the moment.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

yall laughed at me for getting vig

now who's laughing

still you, but for different reasons.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Deviant posted:

yall laughed at me for getting vig

now who's laughing

still you, but for different reasons.

I was always laughing for different reasons; I wanted to get picked for VIG, too.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Had a friend get a VIG the first year they did it and it was kind of a major disappointment because the con didn't have a good setup and none of the vendors were on board so he decided not to bother the second year.

I loved the early entry and the quiet lounge so I went ahead and grabbed a VIG the second year and I've been renewing it ever since. The early room reg alone is worth the extra price (Especially if you get your friends to all go in on it.)

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Looks like past me decided for current me that I'm going! Forgot I had rolled the ticket over from last year.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
My time slot was 12:10 this year. When I logged on, double-doubles (or double-queens, whatever) in the Westin were already sold out. By the time we figured that out, the same room type in the Marriot was sold out, so we ended up getting one in the JW. Between the smaller number of available rooms and the compressed timeframe, housing was a goddamn bloodbath this year. My wife's 12:51 time slot got us a king in the Omni.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
Why is nobody posting? Get this hype train rolling! Just reserved my flights, arriving noonish Wednesday and leaving midday Sunday.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Yes, more posting for the thread! I know the discord is the happening place but things should still happen here.

Gate 10 parking opened up this morning, there are still spots available.

I booked my flight a week or so back. Will be at Gen Con Tuesday through Monday! Curious to see how exhausting its going to be to have a booth this year.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
True, I do need to write up an AUCTION HYPE POST now that it is nearly confirmed it will return. Even if we have no idea exactly what it will look like. As long as there IS auctioneering, I will no doubt be doing said eering. Though even if for some reason it were just the store it would totally be worth checking out for the deals, just not as much a vital part of the overall Gen-Con Joy Experience.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
My convention season plans got cancelled this year. I'll be having surgery, which will take up all my medical leave and remaining vacation time for the year.

Which is good news, honestly, but I'm going to really miss not being at GenCon this year.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Do people feel Gate 10 parking is worth it? I've never had to use it, but a new friend group is coming this year (and merging with my existing group that goes). And they got a hotel out by the airport and were wondering about Gate 10 parking. I think they went ahead and got a spot already, but they were asking my advice and I didn't really know what to tell them outside of, "it seems probably like a good idea if you're coming from the airport every day."

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I don't think your going to find day rate parking any cheaper than gate 10, though will find some that costs the same. They have a shuttle that regularly runs from the lots to the convention center. I always fly in but when my family helps with the booth they drive in and have found gate 10 worth it.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
For those of you into Gen Con history, I just updated the site http://best50yearsingaming.com/ to include events for all years through 2021. Have fun searching through all of the events held at Gen Con as represented through its programs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

nesbit37 posted:

Yes, more posting for the thread! I know the discord is the happening place but things should still happen here.

Gate 10 parking opened up this morning, there are still spots available.

I booked my flight a week or so back. Will be at Gen Con Tuesday through Monday! Curious to see how exhausting its going to be to have a booth this year.

What will you have a booth for? Are you selling something or running games?

Dr. Quarex posted:

True, I do need to write up an AUCTION HYPE POST now that it is nearly confirmed it will return. Even if we have no idea exactly what it will look like. As long as there IS auctioneering, I will no doubt be doing said eering. Though even if for some reason it were just the store it would totally be worth checking out for the deals, just not as much a vital part of the overall Gen-Con Joy Experience.

I've heard about your auctioneering! Hope to see it in action. What sort of things are sold?