Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
every time i've sat down and tried to get into the cure i've bounced off their albums (though they have a killer best-of), but youtube likes to recommend me recent concerts by them all the time, and they're always like four loving hours long, and i always like to scroll around in them and listen to the songs i know and be impressed that this 800 year old goth man is playing to, like, an astonishingly huge festival crowd for so long

they remind me a lot of depeche mode: a band that's shockingly huge for how relatively... left-field? ("alternative"?) their music seems. like, there's a couple of those 80s bands that just hit this massive stadium size that other contemporaries didn't, and then never really fell off in popularity. i saw depeche a few years ago at the olympic stadium in london and it was like 70,000 people singing along to this band i'd only really recently discovered off the back of getting into, like, OMD and new order and poo poo. i do hope to see the cure while robert smith's still goin', sittin there vibing to A Forest with a bunch of 65-year olds in makeup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU