Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

I think it's no exaggeration to say that Robert Smith is a music legend. I think he's also the coolest man who ever lived. The Cure is a band that transcends generations and genre, keeping punks and goths and everyone else company for the best part of 45 years. Politically, Smith is sound as a pound. A huge influence on so many who followed. There's something special there. Tell me I'm not alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

I've been trying to get tickets for their Cardiff show in Dec. But u think it's sold out. Have a look at their 2019 Glastonbury set on YouTube. 2hrs of the Cure as the Cure want to be seen (Rob talked about building the set list to be the most representative set the band has played). It's great.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

BB2K posted:

i think the cure rocks but i dont think you can call a 62 year old dude who looks like this

the coolest man ever, let alone cool.

Wholeheartedly disagree. The fact he looks like that and not like... Well, everyone else, is absolutely part of the charm. He's kept true to his style and values for 40+ years. Consistently brilliant music. If I get to look like that at 62 I'll be happy.