Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Bought a used Onewheel Pint X at the beginning of the summer, feeling I would have all summer to figure it out. Early attempts left me with a few falls thankful I bought wrist guards and was wearing them. Then it sat for a few months while I did literally anything else but get on the buyers remorse machine. But recently read some articles that recommended I let out the air to about 15 PSI and just run it in the grass at first. Luckily I have a city park nearby, so took some air out, and tried there, and after a few failed non disaster attempts, got moving and balanced. Got enough practice where I was able to ride with the kids tonight around the neighborhood.

Felt great!

Only board experience was renting a snowboard like a couple decades ago and spending a few routes down a hill on my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Been riding my Pint X pretty much every day since I figured out how to not fall over instantly. Either take it out on lunch break, or sometime in the evening. Super helps when I'm getting the work grumps. I haven't fallen in a few weeks, but I still wear knee & elbow pads, wrist guards and a helmet every time. The few times I did fall with that gear on it took the brunt of the damage and I really don't want that damage on me. Found I really like having the tire over the pressure that Future Motion recommends... they say to only put 20 psi in there, but the tire feels unpredictable when its that low. I ride with 26psi and its super predictable, and carve-y. Doesn't help I'm closer to the top end of the weight recommendation than I'd like to be. Tire itself says 40psi, so I figure I got some room.

Not sure how I'm gonna handle the winter here once the snow starts flying... I suppose just wait for the days where the road is dry at least and go for a cruise or two.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Good fun, was out for a ride and was going as fast as I ever have and the foot pad sensor thinks I got off the one wheel and powered down right under me. Twisted the poo poo out of my knee. Pads kept me from any road rash. So had to call the Mrs for medivac and how I'm home with a wrap around my knee and ice on it.

Oh well. Time for a break to heal and then get back out and ride again.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Well, knee is still healing. got an xray on it and tailbone, not breaks, but deffo some soft tissue damage. cant kneel on the knee and sitting for long time hurts. probably cracked my tailbone as well. But its healing. Really hope my knee isnt permanent. ER doc says probably take a few months to heal up. its improving, but I won't be getting on my pintx again for a bit (mostly because its winter now and snow is here). Nurses in the ER asked how many miles i had on it, and when I told her a little over a hundred, she laughed and said thats when most folks get their first major injury. Her brother fell and broke his wrist at the same point. I probably would have as well if I didnt have all my safety gear on.

As for the CPSC... I knew what i was getting on was an electronic with a change of pain. if it keeps crashing on its own, then ill probably think otherwise...

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
I really liked just grabbing the board and hopping in the car, driving to find a quiet neighborhood, and just ride around somewhere new. We also have some nice long trails in town around some lakes that are a real nice ride. I won't ride with headphones on tho, I need that noise to know if a car is sneaking up on me. Should get some of those bone conductors. Get into some audio books...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
My knee is finally healed up, but its all ice and snow here in the midwest. Onewheel is sitting in the office with a half charge waiting for a melt off, or for enough of the roads to clean up a bit. But I'm not holding my breath this winter...