Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Hello. I didn't realize that this thread was a thing.

I'm an overweight, pavement rider, with a onewheel xr and a little over 600 miles. Nothing special on the board save a fender with a bunch of stickers.

I'm in Az fwiw. There are bunch of people that ride trails out here and I'm not sure I want to risk by body.

2nd edit: Anyone have some good 3d prints for onewheel accessories. I've seen some wall mounts for the chargers. I'd like something where I can place my charging plug... which i've now lost... again. I don't have a printer but seems like there is a large overlap in the community considering it's usually a bunch of nerds with too much money on their hands.

sterster fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Learning to fall safely is a skill! It's going to happen and I encourage experimenting with falling off on a grassy or otherwise soft surface, with maximum protective gear on (elbow, knee and wrist guards, and of course a helmet). You will thank yourself later when you are able to roll off a wipeout at 18mph on concrete.

This is a true skill which I'm hoping my 36yr old self still has muscle memory for. So far 2 tumbles in 750 miles doing mostly paved riding around the neighborhood.

Curious how many miles you guys out on in what time. I've had my board since 2021. Also curious when a tire change is going to be needed.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

White Light posted:

it MUST be brought as a carry-on or else the battery will die with the luggage.

Wait! ¿ Batteries can die from flying? As in it's not unique to OW. What's the science going in here.

As far as flight I have an xr and wish I could fly with it. From my understanding it's 100% no go because of the battery size. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Anyone in the PHX area want a Pint X.
Got one for the wife for mothers day because she's been riding, practicing with my XR.
She opened it. Put it together. Spent 30 min on it and broke her wrist in 3 spots and doesn't want to even look at it.

My guess is the tire width makes it more nimble 'unstable'. I was watching her ride she got the wobbles and she ate poo poo falling forward.

Anywho it's got less than a mile. If anyone is serious I'll post details. Stay safe and wear your protective gear kids.