Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Zay Jones somehow becoming a decent third receiver is an underrated story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

Wanted that pick

Would have been a hell of a one if he somehow came up with it. I'm not even sure he was trying to though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It was clearly a catch imo but I'm somewhat surprised they didn't take a longer look at it.

Pleasantly surprised to be clear.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
They're either pumping up the crowd noise or it is loving loud there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh man so close to a fat man TD.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did Gruden almost cut Maxx Crosby his rookie year (the Hard Knocks year) or am I hallucinating that?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh my god so close to a great play, ends up being an absolutely awful play.

Yeah he grabbed that early.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It almost surely would have bounced out of bounds anyway, oof.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This thing might snowball into something ugly here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hell of a punt all things considered there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

acidx posted:

Jacobs looks real slow in open space

He's still got the bad ribs right? Does he have anything else wrong with him?

I kinda remember he was a walking guy full of injuries early in the year and Gruden wouldn't let him rest.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I wonder if the main guy here is mildly embarrassed about this or if he breaks out the story at parties trying to hit on girls. Feel like it could go either way.

'Yeah you remember that Yankees gif? That was me.'

gently caress you guy definitely gives no shits, he's just happy to be involved and he'll tell you about it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Joe Burrow is distressingly good and I'm terrified the Bengals might eventually get a good offensive line to go along with everything else they've got going.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew that was fancier that I'd prefer but it worked.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
They blew the whistle before the pass was completed, I'd whine about that if I were the Raiders even if they're wrong.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I have absolutely no idea why they blew the whistle though, wtf?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The whistle happened like a half second before he caught the ball, it didn’t effect anything.

Yeah I don't think it changed anything but I'd whine about it too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crescent Wrench posted:

(What the gently caress was the ref thinking when he blew the whistle, anyway?)

Yeah this is the thing I'm angry about.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Raiders not dead yet, and they really should be after that half.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So what are the rules on inadvertent whistles anyway if the ref just screws up and blows it? I'm sure this has come up before and I've forgotten.

Replay the down right, it must be?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol the whistle blew when there wasn't anyone within 4 yards of Tyler as it was touching his hands. Calm down.

He was just answering a question I asked, I wondered what the correct call would be for an immense ref fuckup. And it's a pretty damned bad ref fuckup either way.

e: I mean, there's no reason we should be talking about this at all, they screwed up badly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew it's never good when absolutely everyone on the field starts waving frantically for the trainers to come out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There are two flags, a maybe timeout, and this ref crew. What could go wrong?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh one flag was 12 man, one was either hands to the face against Crosby or Crosby with a roughing and none of it mattered, and we all just sat around forever for them to say a time out was called.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:lol: this crew.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We don't know what happened but that's worth a challenge is my initial thought. Chunk play, worth a chance if you don't have enough information.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Higgins has been low key bad this game imo. That wasn't an easy catch, but I saw him give up on a route earlier that he might have had a chance at too and he hasn't done anything else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Have the Bengals gotten any pressure on Carr in this game?

They've had some good stunts, a strip sack and almost got a safety, the second half has not gone as well at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hyperextended his knee getting leg whipped by his own guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Don't show us a replay or anything fellas. I mean I don't doubt it like I do everything else but I'd like to see it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Perryman just trying to pull that clearly possessed ball loose while a guy is lying on the ground for three seconds, I respect the optimism.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel for 10 on the Raiders. Just nothing you can do.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why take the time out? Or at least why take the time out with that much time on the play clock if you're doing the bullshit draw them offside play?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gnoman posted:

They were probably hoping for an opening, didn't get one, and used the TO to do the FG.

I think this is what happened but there were still like 16 seconds on the play clock and if you're going up two scores and do want to use a time out to save 5 yards on a field goal it's still a mistake.

The numbers geeks on twitter say it was about even going for it or kicking a field goal there for whatever it's worth.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

Everyone on offense should be an eligible receiver IMO, we need more fat man TDs.

It doesn't quite do this but legalize the A11 offense cowards.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That camera work was something, Carr throws a pop up to a wide open guy and you have no idea he's caught it until he's running out of bounds.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

acidx posted:

That was bad camerawork lol.

Seriously it was so like...please turn your camera to the left a little.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd rather trust the Bengals offense than I do their defense I'll say.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Two minutes is so much time regardless they should throw and try to get the first.

Yeah I'd have let Burrow throw the ball on first when the Raiders completely sold out on the run or be smart enough to go down and take time off the clock.

I mean, trust your quarterback if he's that good (and I do think he's that good).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why did you jump up to catch that buddy? It might have rolled, and taken a little time off the clock?