Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

New York's hottest new club is :foghorn:, it's got everything; dysentery, tetnus, slowly sinking gogo cages and a seagull that looks like Dan Cortese. You can even go to the top deck to get a Staten Island Ocean Spray.

Do I want to know what a Staten Island Ocean Spray is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
That's when you're dating Pete Davidson, but his mom is kicking you out of her house, half-naked and still drunk, by spraying you with a garden hose...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I hear Joe Gatto is free now.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I heard something earlier: Meatloaf was offered a spot in the debut cast of SNL. Either that or it was Louie Anderson and I got the two stories conflated.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It was actually Meat Anderson, the most delicious of the family.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Hey hey hey Will Forte is in the house tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbIM-jyiA6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyzSlVu_h8o

With Måneskin! Who will be playing these songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg72z08aTXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOb9Xaug35M

You will see Mac daddy Grubes, there is at least one SNL alum in the building to join Forte, and reportedly another special guest. Oooo suspense

And on the Vintage coming up in a few seconds, the other January show from ten years ago to go with last week's show: Sir Charles with Kelly Clarkson, from January 7 2012.

Finally, there are two more Thursday promos, which were air-only, that I will post in a few minutes. Currently exporting

pwn
May 27, 2004

Finally got the two air-only promos up, just in time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUecLKRgsEg

Producer and former SNL writer John Bowman died recently

quote:

In 1988, Bowman was hired on as a staff writer for “Saturday Night Live” along with his wife, Shannon Gaughan, who he met at Harvard. Bowman had a short tenure at “SNL” but he made a lasting impression.

“Everybody loves to laugh, but they don’t always love the people who make them laugh,” said Jim Downey, the longest-serving writer on “SNL.” “Except for John. Everybody did love John, the best funny person ever.”

Expect to see him memorialized tonight.

pwn fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 23, 2022

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I love Aidy but her Ted Cruz is not good

pwn
May 27, 2004

omgloveduff

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That's not how Wordle works :lol:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look at this Gilly reunion.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe it's the ill-fitted jacket but he looks like he lost a lot of wait.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
of course Macgruber would be anti-vax

pwn
May 27, 2004

These MacGrubers are satisfying

pwn
May 27, 2004

Fun fact: This sketch's name is "3Fun"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Reese de'WHAT!!!!!!!

I love to see Reese. He's such a bad guesser!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did that guy just say "hamburger"?

Edit: Getting pretty tired of all these things without Will Forte happening in a row.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 23, 2022

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is a really bad musical guest.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

X-O posted:

As a Eurovision fan I’ll be gladly fast forwarding through them with no regret.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I find Alex Moffat to be real funny even if all his characters are just shade of really dumb guys.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Eh, this one again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
JAR OF BEER

Edit:

pwn posted:

Eh, this one again.

I love this weird rear end poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Will Forte is a goddamn national treasure.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Monkey Pirate Cheese: The Song: The Sketch

(This is the song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hkhrx7pAo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This is a different song than before...?

pwn
May 27, 2004

The third McGruber will likely be the last bit along with a band shot. Two other live sketches and a PDD are probably cut for time.

pwn
May 27, 2004

My body, my choice (for men,)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I was wondering if Aristotle had made it on the show in the last two weeks and apparently the only time was as the Spider-Man in last week’s cold open. I’m not even sure that I’ve seen him in the good nights, which I feel is maybe a bad sign for his future prospects.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Freaquency posted:

I was wondering if Aristotle had made it on the show in the last two weeks and apparently the only time was as the Spider-Man in last week’s cold open. I’m not even sure that I’ve seen him in the good nights, which I feel is maybe a bad sign for his future prospects.

He was in the open of MacGruber #2

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More Sarah!

https://youtu.be/kViC3pTtHrE

She kills it every time she’s on a sketch especially update

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Push El Burrito posted:

JAR OF BEER

Edit:

I love this weird rear end poo poo.

Original is one of my all-time favorite sketches

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
that Spaceships/Toddlers sketch is everything I disliked about the Wiig era of SNL. As I was watching it I felt my soul escape my body and circle the room in confusion as words seemed to lose all their meaning and the purpose behind life was harder and harder to fathom. But like, not in a good way.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Sivart13 posted:

that Spaceships/Toddlers sketch is everything I disliked about the Wiig era of SNL. As I was watching it I felt my soul escape my body and circle the room in confusion as words seemed to lose all their meaning and the purpose behind life was harder and harder to fathom. But like, not in a good way.

I fast-forward through any sketch with Wiig in it. She just is not funny.

pwn
May 27, 2004

One of the three bits cut after dress. Interestingly there were another three cut from the live show that have yet to surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RMF-TQyKtU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

pwn posted:

One of the three bits cut after dress. Interestingly there were another three cut from the live show that have yet to surface.
I liked this if mostly for Chloe's performance as an aggressively normal person and the line "with all due respect, God is wrong!"

I wonder why the cut PDD skit isn't online. Not funny enough for YouTube? Doesn't seem like they ever bank them to use on later shows.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Sivart13 posted:

I liked this if mostly for Chloe's performance as an aggressively normal person and the line "with all due respect, God is wrong!"

I wonder why the cut PDD skit isn't online. Not funny enough for YouTube? Doesn't seem like they ever bank them to use on later shows.

This week's PDD was originally cut from last week, so they do bank them. It seems that one criteria for a sketch or pretape being put online is time sensitivity, i.e. it requires the host/mg for the premise or it's seasonal. If the bit is evergreen and can be run on a future show (or done with another host) it's more likely to be held back for potential future use.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Reset Smith posted:

I love Aidy but her Ted Cruz is not good

Doesn't matter, it's probably the casting choice that pisses off Cruz the most.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

X-O posted:

I actually really liked Måneskin this week, and was planning on looking up more by them. I've never heard of them before, or watched Eurovision, though, so I don't know if that helps or hurts.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

thrawn527 posted:

I actually really liked Måneskin this week, and was planning on looking up more by them. I've never heard of them before, or watched Eurovision, though, so I don't know if that helps or hurts.

Exactly the same except I did look them up and they rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The musical guest this week was so incredibly horny for himself, perfect super uncomfortable vibe for a band like that. Don't think I'll be listening to them in my own time however I fully expected to skip past them like most musical guests but I couldn't look away while homeboy was loving himself in a publicly acceptable way.

Episode was p funny too. Tuned out cold open though, stop SNL you can't pull it off.