Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

I disassemble game software and do binary patches when there’s no source code to fix bugs, add features / balance patches / arrange modes, and write emulators focusing on low input lag and processing time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

oceans 11 style heists of GPUs out of bitcoin mining facilities, then give them out like robin hood? that sounds cool as hell.

drat this is cooler than what I do.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I make big money, I drive big cars, everybody know me, it's like I'm a movie star

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

deep dish peat moss posted:

I looked into living at a buddhist monastery as a monk, and they're happy to take you but they all expected lifetime commitments and you were never to leave the monastery, so it sounded like it would be very difficult to leave if you ever changed your mind. Like it would probably take more than just packing up and walking out the door

there's a Catholic order in Monck's Corner, SC (no relation) that'll take in any man who shows up. a friend of a friend fled there after getting arrested, hung out for a couple years, came back with them as character witnesses, and ended up sentenced to house arrest there. he became their mycologist (after PETA shut down their small egg farm).

other dudes would apparently wander through periodically in order to get away from the outside world.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Poohs Packin posted:

I make big money, I drive big cars, everybody know me, it's like I'm a movie star

you'll regret running me off the block :evilbuddy:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I touch a keyboard a lot

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I touch computers for video games. It's pretty cool.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Hatsune Mike posted:

I disassemble game software and do binary patches when there’s no source code to fix bugs, add features / balance patches / arrange modes, and write emulators focusing on low input lag and processing time

Make a thread in Ask/Tell please. This discipline is loving awesome and confusing and I have questions.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Empty Sandwich posted:

you'll regret running me off the block :evilbuddy:

You got off easy. I thought he sold me 'caine. It was Gold Medal flour!

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Elentor posted:

drat this is cooler than what I do.

it's a more hands-on method of increasing fps. never too late to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Deep Glove Bruno posted: