Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so i just got the C.O.N.N.E.C.T relic in nordic ashes for the first time. it lets you ignore the choice lines in your tree and take everything. hoo boy is that loving OP my god.

i was playing alruna, so i got all 3 skeleton types and all of her weapons and did the minions cast ascensions for all of them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Kyrosiris posted:

There were some good thoughts in there but largely it was baaaaaaad. It also didn't really address - and indeed, it actually kinda exacerbated - the main issue most people have with it, namely that the endgame kinda devolves into "dodge the damage zone" spam.

The biggest thing that bugged me was that they combined a massive decrease in XP gains/leveling speed with a huge inflation of the skill pool (which already has the RNG aspect of upgrade rarities). They also increased the dash cooldown by a quarter, which makes the "dodge a bunch of poo poo" endgame even worse.

I was mashing the left bumper way more than I remembered needing to before the most recent update.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I haven't played SSS in a hot minute but reading the latest patch note did not really inspire me to change that, heh.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

The SSS team really needs to verbalize what their intended endgame is. They chose to put "Survivors" in the name, which leads to certain expectations of gameplay - rightly or wrongly.

That aside, I've had more fun playing Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor the last few days, than I've had with SSS over the last 12 months. DRGS really captures that "Just one more run!" vibe of early Vampire Survivors.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Awesome! posted:

so i just got the C.O.N.N.E.C.T relic in nordic ashes for the first time. it lets you ignore the choice lines in your tree and take everything. hoo boy is that loving OP my god.

i was playing alruna, so i got all 3 skeleton types and all of her weapons and did the minions cast ascensions for all of them lol

did you unlock the missingno. character yet? :ssh:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah that relic is an unlock from clearing one of the stages with him. havent found it while playing him yet though.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Awesome! posted:

yeah that relic is an unlock from clearing one of the stages with him. havent found it while playing him yet though.

hah I didn't know that, there's an asston of relics I still haven't unlocked because I only play now and then - honestly a good thing to always have new toys to find

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I want to try DRG:S but you guys saying it gets bad the deeper you go scares me off. How long did you play before getting to that point?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I haven't played since the last update, but at 13 hours in I unlocked the Hazard 4 difficulty for the locations that were in the game at that point. Hazard 4 stages had certain (optional) challenges which needed me to use weapons I hadn't even unlocked yet, I had to level the classes more. I hadn't even touched that difficulty yet and it was already annoying me, it made me take a break from the game.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

RBX posted:

I want to try DRG:S but you guys saying it gets bad the deeper you go scares me off. How long did you play before getting to that point?

I got like 15 hours out of it before I gave up. I'd unlocked haz 4 on two of the levels but the thing that made me quit was playing for close to three hours to unlock and try out overclocks for three weapons that all turned out to be absolute poo poo

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Yeah, I've enjoyed my first 12 hours or so but I feel like I'm hitting a wall on DRG:S. Not sure how much more I'll play.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

RBX posted:

I didn't think much would scare you off since you were so enamored with the chud game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RBX posted:

I put close to 20 hours into the game before I took a break.

It’s got good bones and I definitely got my money from it even if I never pick it up again.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

RBX posted:

I'm 50 hours in and now that I understand routing better haz4 is pretty fun while still remaining a challenge, and I'm slowly chipping away at haz 5.

Overall I enjoy the game a lot and think it's a lot better than a lot of the clones out there because it does something meaningfully different (incentive to actually move around levels, destructible walls) compared to other entries in the genre. It obvs gets bonus points in my book because the DRG aesthetic is awesome and it gets to crib the banging music tracks. As is I think it's worth the cost of entry but just like traditional DRG it'll most likely need some time to cook in EA, and needs some tweaks to really make it shine.

Also like DRG, the early game weapons and unlocks kinda suck and take too long to happen which understandably causes people to bounce off it or form opinions on certain weapons/classes that don't hold up when you have better access to later unlocks.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'll pick it up then later.

Deakul posted:

I didn't think much would scare you off since you were so enamored with the chud game.

People really be trying it on here sometimes. Like I actually took the time to look at any of that. Stop being weird

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There are two paths before me
I could take the L and admit it was a wee bit stupid of me to play the bad politics game
Or act as if the problem was other people being able to read

If only I could garlic my way through these posts 😔

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 31, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RBX posted:

People really be trying it on here sometimes. Like I actually took the time to look at any of that. Stop being weird
dig up, stupid

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
did you ever explain why you said you really liked that awful looking game

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The perhaps now technically most prolific IP in the niche gets more Actually Good, Madness Tinged Treatment----Journey of the West Survivor v1.0

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2450100/Journey_to_the_West_Survivor/

quote:

"Journey to the West Survivors" is a survival game. You can choose from 12 interesting characters and combine various playstyles among over 200 skills. Additionally, you can get married, cultivate crops, build structures, recruit partners, and work together to fight against enemies.

"Journey to the West Survivors"is a pixelated, casual pleasure game with a survival rogue-like gameplay. The storyline draws inspiration from the four classic novels "Journey to the West" and incorporates traditional Honghuang Xixian world views. Players can choose from 12 characters, each possessing unique abilities such as Sun Torture wielding dual guns, Tang Three Burial with an invincible iron fist, Tyu excelling in farming and eight-ring killing techniques, Bad Fish skilled at clean kills, Red Boy controlling a doll car, Aoliet commanding the White Dragon car, Yang Jian leading a special attack team along with his powerful crouping dog Boston. With over 200 massive skills and resonances available for exploration, players are encouraged to freely combine various gameplay elements and genres. Additionally, players can engage in social activities by making friends within the game's community while also enjoying features like farming and construction to recruit allies for cooperative battles against enemies. The game consists of two main parts: survival mode (offering simple, ordinary, difficult levels as well as hellish challenges) and farming mode (allowing players to cultivate crops including spiritual grasses), craft tools and build houses; continuous updates aim to enhance these aspects further. We welcome you to try out this immersive gaming experience.

Use the Iron Fist falling from the sky on the monsters that need to be purified, or directly take out the Gatling gun for physical salvation, or even summon a screen full of arrow towers to become an idle tower defense! There are more than 200 skills to choose from, and there are also elemental reactions and skill resonances, allowing you to beat the six-eared macaque in a fancy way!

Incarnate into the traditional Journey to the West master and apprentice quartet, a sexy and hot banshee, or directly transform into an Autobot and go on a rampage? There are up to 12 optional characters, each with 3 advanced talents that fundamentally change the gameplay! Provide you with a variety of human choices to beat monsters!

Weird monsters from foreign lands have broken into the world of Journey to the West. It's time to show off your real skills! Use your agility to avoid the energetic guy who flips tricks, investigate the mysterious man who loves to play basketball, and most importantly, be careful of all kinds of poop!

Facing the overwhelming monsters coming, one person really can't stop him! Quickly equip the Taoist companion with two skills, and then send them out to draw hatred! Tips: Properly performing dual cultivation can make Taoists stronger~

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

quote:

Additionally, you can get married, cultivate crops,

stardew survivor

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ExiledTinkerer posted:

The perhaps now technically most prolific IP in the niche gets more Actually Good, Madness Tinged Treatment----Journey of the West Survivor v1.0

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2450100/Journey_to_the_West_Survivor/

Has anyone played this yet?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still no good survivor clones on switch?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

With as much garbage is on the eshop you’d figure at least a few would pop up.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

MonsieurChoc posted:

Brotato

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Already got it, unlocked everything, slowly working on D5'ing every potato.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

What other VS-likes are best? I've only played Vs itself and not any others

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Absolutely gigantic QoL patch from the Boneraiser Minions dev today

quote:

Welcome back you filthy boneraisers. Today's update is a very general odds and sods with oodles of improvements all over the place based on the feedback I've had since the last update from you, yes YOU!

Visual tweaks to improve visibility...
- All player class sprites are now 1 pixel taller and a bit brighter (couldn't resist tweaking some a bit too, eg Gangly is even taller and Clown has longer shoes).
- All Enemies are now a bit brighter (notably the darker ones like Bandits/Cyclops).
- Enemy Arrow projectiles are now brighter and all enemy projectiles will now show on top of everything else (eg terrain).
- Enemies with a ranged attack now have to be fully onscreen before they can attack you.
- The various human Champions and Royal Guard have had a few sprite tweaks so are easier to see (eg they are 1 pixel taller, bigger weapon/shield, etc).
- Map floors are now a bit darker and contraptions/walls a bit brighter.
- You no longer create smoke clouds when running outside of the Hub.
- Settings - Visibility - Declutter Floor: This setting has been removed as it now either always counts as being On or uses the Ghostly Minions setting.

Crypt Hub changes...
- 5 new hats have been added (though are more big head replacements instead of hats): Bigly Barrowerer, Eggplantty Broski, Pumpkinny Broski, Turnippy Broski, Potty Broski.
- Fabellia now has some buyable decorations used to spruce up the Hub. These include a welcome mat, torches, blinged up throne, statue, and boned up or overgrown aesthetic. She also now looks after the Crypt Paints and the way she discovers fashions is now random (so works like Goblusious). The Crypt Paint colours have had some tweaks so are a bit brighter and nicer colours.
- The Memory Skull is now used to load in-progress runs (instead of being asked when starting a new run). The saving is now also done automatically with a tip popup to indicate this (instead of being asked to save every time).
- The Magic Mirror can now set your fashion to global or class specific, so you can individually set your hat, cloak colour, and crypt decorations, to apply to either all classes or just the current class.

Castle Conquest game mode changes...
- The game mode is now unlocked after beating the King and there's now a tutorial ghost that shows up in the Hub when unlocked.
- Stage 1 now takes place in a new map behind your crypt (so you can now set up a Contraption layout specifically for the Conquest game mode).
- Stage 11 now takes place in a new Wizarding Librarium where endless Seers and a Wizarding Council await.
- Stage 10 now uses the old stage 11 Town. The start of the stage now has some Custodian Bowmen and regular Custodians show up.
- Stage 9 now uses the old stage 10 Bastion and has some new art.
- The stage 12 Lift will now have either a Lunatic Fanatic or Werewolf Prince boss drop in (or both in New Game Plus). The amount of enemies that spawn has increased by +20%. The falling bombs and their explosions are now bigger (so easier to see). In New Game Plus it now has 4 Giga Treasure Chests instead of regular Treasure Chests.
- During a stage if you don't have the special enemy meta then it will now just skip that phase (instead of defaulting to a Peasant wave).
- The Stage Complete screen now shows your Score and how much Score you earnt that stage.
- When selecting a path to travel to if you don't have the meta unlocked for an enemy stage then it will now show a padlock and warning text.
- When entering a New Game Plus it will now immediately save the run (instead of having to complete the first stage to save).

Mausoleum Awakens game mode changes...
- You now get an extra 61 Coin meta within the first 111 seconds of play (just to speed up the very early game a bit).
- The Map's contraptions will now carry over into the next New Game Plus loop (mainly only relevant for the Imp class).
- When playing a Forsaken Cemetery map the top terrain will now use your Crypt Paint colour.

Achievement changes...
- A new achievement has been added called Conquest Filthy Stinkin Rich which is for scoring 666,666+ in Castle Conquest.
- The existing Royalty Bosshunter has now been split into 2 separate achievements, one for pounding the King, and the other the Queen (note the King one replaces the existing achievement so you may already have it).
- The various class related Gigald/Gigalicious Pounder achievements are now based on attaining a score instead of just winning the run (to add some strategy rather than mindlessly grinding out safe runs).
- Some of the Mausoleum Awakens challenge runs can now be done in Castle Conquest if you prefer to pound Queeny (Royalty Bosshunter Plus, MELDIN TIME, Horoscopeophobia, Alzheimer Survivor, I Don't Even Know Who I Am).
- Mausoleum High Scorer: You now need to score 444,444+ (instead of 333,333+).
- Horoscopeophobia: If you don't yet have this achievement then when choosing a boneraise/relic/spell there's now 4 little dots in the top right to signify you can still get the achievement that run.

Boneraise Lore meta changes...
- Chi Chakra: At level 3 it now creates a shockwave if you were touched by an enemy and that hit would kill you (recharges every 99 seconds). The old level 3 effect which boosts the size of the shockwave and adds damage is now considered to be always active. The shockwave will now nullify the enemy's move speed (so now high speed enemies are pushed back at the same rate as low speed enemies).

Heroic Force meta changes...
- Standards Unfurl: At level 3 it will now double the amount of bodyguards it spawns with. The old level 3 is now bundled into level 2.
- Yer A Wizard: At level 3 the Wizard will now spawn with some Wizardly Seer bodyguards. The old level 3 is now bundled into level 2.
- I Challenge Thee: At level 3 the Champion will now spawn with some fighter bodyguards. The old level 3 is now bundled into level 2.

Player class changes...
- Sorcerer Hollow: A new meta has been added called Bookshelf Familiar which spawns a portable Bookshelf minion so you can cycle through your spells whenever you like (to make room for this the Occulto Bookwormios meta has been combined with Ensorcellous Memories).
- Courtier Clown - Sticky the Stupendous meta: Sticky will now demand a volunteer so you can no longer decline his magic trick (tee hee).
- Courtier Clown: A new meta has been added called Two-way Mirrors where every 69 (nice) seconds a map contraption is randomly transformed into another contraption.
- Sprout Brotatoes: A new meta of sorts has been added called Heady Sproutage which replaces the 3 existing Sproutage which allows you to grow Bro heads. It also now allows you to grow a Pot head.
- Sprout Brotatoes: A new meta has been added called Embiggen Sproutage which allows you to make your existing Bro head sprout bigger which boosts its benefits.
- Sprout Brotatoes: A new meta has been added called Bonebrobigly Singleton which can allow you to sacrifice a level 3 Skelly when offered a Bonebrobigly Destineous.
- Sprout Brotatoes: A new meta has been added called Soulen Brozilla which summons a temporary Brodacious Brozilla minion when picking up a Hero Soul.
- Doll Maker: A new meta has been added called Waxpiles Gobbler which raises 2 random unupgraded minions when picking up a Hero Soul and boosts chance of being offered Bonepiles Destineous (to make room for this the Waxenmould Flagbearer/Begger meta have been combined).
- Doll Maker: When playing a New Game Plus loop all minion contact damage is boosted by +11% per loop (they seemed a bit underpowered in later loops).
- Doll Maker: They can now use the Ethereal Rage/Acuity/Mysticism relics.
- Doll Maker: The Bonerous Destineous boneraise can now raise a Beggar Bomber, Elven Enchantress, or a level 2 Custodian. Each of the minions now have an equal chance of being chosen (previously it was weighted towards lesser minions).
- Doll Maker: The Eggy Bro minions spawned by the Brodacious Brozilla minion can now contain Custodians.
- Beast Whisperer: A new meta has been added called Meatpiles Scrounger which raises 2 random unupgraded minions when picking up a Hero Soul and boosts chance of being offered Bonepiles Destineous (to make room for this the Bestial Subdue/Aura meta have been combined).
- Beast Whisperer: When playing a New Game Plus loop all minion contact damage is boosted by +11% per loop (they seemed a bit underpowered in later loops).
- Beast Whisperer: They can now use the Ethereal Rage/Acuity/Mysticism relics.
- Gangly Grafted: A new meta has been added called Brodified Behemoths which can allow you to use a Behemoth Barrower for Bonebrobigly Destineous (to make room for this 1 of the Giantous Girth has been combined).
- Psycho Possessed: A new meta has been added called Soulen Boobroski which summons temporary Big Boobroski Bro minions when picking up a Hero Soul.
- Vampire Survivor: A new meta has been added called Batty Blood Bath which boosts all Healing based on how many Batty minions you have (to make room for this the Raise Batspellious meta has been combined with Batty Party).

Changes to contraptions...
- Architect Mode: It will now show the Recharge time for the selected contraption.
- The Giga Treasure Chest has been added as a new contraption.
- Reflection Pool: This can now be used to end an active Curse. You now have to interact with it (instead of just running into it).
- Oaken Tree: This will now spawn its own mini-flocks of Bone Birds (so they will still show up even if you haven't unlocked "The Birds And The Bees" meta).
- Scarecrow Rascal: This now also boosts the chance of being offered Chupacabro minions by +20%. Its max limit has been reduced to 3 (from 4).
- Soulen Receptacle: This will now transport the Hero Soul to the receptacle (instead of sucking it which was rather annoying if you were in the way).
- Sinful Artifact: This will now fully unbless the enemy (previously it only reduced the Blessing by -1). Its recharge speed has been boosted by 25%.
- Blessful Artifact: This will now only Bless an enemy that is not yet Blessed (eg it can't make Super Blessed enemies).
- Cadaver Coffin: The chance of it containing a normal minion has increased to 75%. It will now contain a Barrow Boner instead of being empty. Its recharge speed has been boosted by 50%. Its max limit has been reduced to 2 (from 3). Its cost has increased to 250.
- Junk Box: This will now always contain a random Relic. It can now recharge after being activated.
- Lexicanium Archive: This is now used to store a Spell (this is swapped over from the Book Shelf). The Archive now starts the run containing a random Spell. Its cost has been reduced to 500.
- Book Shelf: This is now used to cycle through your Spells (this is swapped over from the Lexicanium Archive). Its cost has been increased to 150.
- Spellious Tome: You now have to interact with it to get the free Spell (it starts interactable). It now says the name of the Spell it gives when you take it.
- Cursed Eyeball: You now have to interact with it to trigger the Curse (it starts interactable).
- Restless Monolith: This can now recharge after being activated. Its max limit has been reduced to 2 (from 3).
- Sacrilegious Altar: This can now recharge after being activated. Its max limit has been increased to 2 (from 1).
- Fungal Growth: The Blight they inflict on enemies now lasts twice as long.
- Spiked Trap: Its attack cool-down has been reduced by 150%.
- Gravestone Grace: Its recharge speed has been boosted by 45%.
- Slop Pot: Its recharge speed has been boosted by 50%, however its Mud Pools dissipate 25% faster.
- Fetid Pumpkin: Its recharge speed has been boosted by 300%.
- Ginormous Pumpkin: It now creates an extra exploding piece. The exploding pieces now create their own fires. Its recharge speed has been boosted by 300%.
- Boning Totem: Its recharge speed has been boosted by 100%.
- Honeycomb Beehive: Its recharge speed has been boosted by 25%.
- Treasured Chesty: Its recharge speed has been boosted by 25%.
- Bushy Fruit: Its recharge speed has been boosted by 35%.
- Magic Stone: Its cost has been increased to 250 (from 175).
- Curse Eye: Its cost has reduced to 666 (from 1000).
- Peeky Potatocrow: Its max limit has been increased to 6 (from 4).

Changes to Boneraise Necromancy...
- A new boneraise item has been added called Bonepiles Destineous which raises 2 random fresh minions (mainly useful for Doll/Beast class).

Changes to minions...
- Joker Jester: The transform enemy ability now uses a curated enemy list during stages 1-3 (eg so can't spawn a Paladin during stages 1-2).
- Boozy Bomber: Their level 1/2 attacks no longer create fire and level 2 attack uses the same size explosion as level 3 (to create more of a distinction between the levels).
- Azgideth Diablos: Slightly reduced the range at which he will start swinging his sword (so his attack will now usually hit more enemies).
- Morgzoloth Fiablos: Their laser attack sprites are now darker.
- Zogziech Diablos: Their pillar attack sprites are now darker and more transparent.

Changes to relics...
- A new relic has been added called Sealmentus Staff which gives infinite item Seals and converts any future Seals you gain into +5 Max Health.
- Mother's Milk: At level 1 this now makes you immune to Poison, and at level 2 immune to both Poison and Occult Poison (keeps things simple).
- Skelly Key: This now also instantly kills any nearby Chest Mimics.
- Incandescent Cast: This now also creates a shockwave when you successfully cast a Spell.
- Ectoplasm Poop: The ghosts and their pools will now occasionally fade in/out moving to a new position near you. Its pools have been darkened.
- Chakra Talisman: The shockwave will now nullify the enemy's move speed (so now high speed enemies are pushed back at the same rate as low speed enemies).
- Bustling Diaper: This now also creates constant pools of sticky messes (*sniff*).
- Oily Feet: This now also creates constant flames around you.
- Watering Can: This now pretty much effects every contraption (eg such as even Beehives or Gravestones).

Changes to Spells...
- Contraptor Spirit: This can now spawn a contraption that hasn't been unlocked and can now spawn it even if it has already reached its max limit (endless chesties!?).
- Suckage Extravaganza: This will no longer suck Souls to you (was rather annoying if you have Doppelgangers).
- Snowblow Snowman: This will now show a player outline if you have that Visibility setting turned on. The duration penalty when used during a boss fight has been removed (so it's quite nice against bosses now).
- Batty Swarm: The bats now Heal you when they hurt meanies.
- Regrowth Returnal: This now pretty much effects every contraption (eg such as even Beehives or Gravestones).
- Sorceric Pillars: This can spawn bigger pillars. The pillars now spawn in a gradually increasing circle around you.
- Bombers Away: Each bomb spawned now has a chance of being a bigger bomb based on the spell casting power level.
- Jester's Delight spell: The transform enemy ability now uses a curated enemy list during stages 1-3 (eg so can't spawn a Paladin during stages 1-2).
- Big Ball of Doom: Changed its description so it's less vague.

Changes to meanies...
- Player Cloak colours can now be unlocked during play just like hats. So a lanky feller will occasionally show up and drop a Cloak upon death (or spawn Gemmy Lankers if you already have the Cloak).
- Ghoul: They now inflict Poison.
- Bandit: They can now spawn a bit closer to you.
- Mugger: They can now spawn by dropping in from the top of the screen (just like Bandits). They can now drop a Gold Coin pickup instead of a Green Gem.
- Chesty Mimic: They now start with extra Health based on the current stage (stage*5).
- Giga Chesty Mimic: Increased his base Health by +22. They now start with extra Health based on the current stage (stage*10).
- Royal Guard: They are no longer immune from the shockwaves created by the Chi Chakra meta and Chakra Talisman relic.
- Custodianly Champion: They are no longer immune from the shockwaves created by the Chi Chakra meta and Chakra Talisman relic

Miscellaneous...
- The game engine has been updated to the latest version of GameMaker (v2024.2) which might help with compatibility.
- The way the Fullscreen mode has changed under the hood which should help with compatibility issues (especially when tabbed out of the game for a long while).
- Settings - Controls - Mouse - The Lock Mouse setting has been removed (it now just auto-locks unless you're playing in Windowed mode or tabbed out).
- Settings - Visibility: When set to Minimal it now doesn't show your Score, the Bone count now doesn't show a % sign and is now in the top-right, the Health is moved closer to the Spell.
- Settings - Vignette: The Full option has been removed and the options renamed to On/Off (since it defaulted to Normal anyway).
- Hub - Goblusious: His two options have been swapped around (was a bit annoying having to go to the bottom option every time).
- Compendium - Beastiary: An enemy's stats are now revealed as soon as you kill one of them (instead of needing 99 kills). Enemies that show a decimal Damage/Speed is now rounded up (looks nicer).
- Compendium: The main menu options have been re-arranged so the more used options are at the top (eg Itemography).
- When choosing a Boneraise/Relic/Spell it will now say separately if you have global/local ReRoll/Banish/Seal (eg 3+3).
- Reduced the Gem/Coin sound effect volume when picking them up.
- Roaming Traveller - Beggar Seller: One of the relics will now always be a fake.
- During a boss fight the timer icon now switches to a skull (so its clearer the fight doesn't affect stage time).
- The Healing reduction during the King/Queen boss fights has been reduced a bit (so it looks less like a bug).
- Curse of Chaos: There's a 33% chance a dropped bomb will now be a bigger version. The transform enemy ability now uses a curated enemy list during stages 1-3 (eg so can't spawn a Paladin during stages 1-2).
- Treasure Chests: Bombed Chests now have a chance of a bomb being a bigger bomb depending on the Chest type.

Bug fixes...
- There was a very rare chance of the game crashing when starting a new run.
- If you have the Display setting set to Borderless Window then it wasn't showing as borderless when booting up the game.
- If you open the Status Screen then open the Escape Menu to rebind controls then the 'Press New Key' text won't show.
- Hub: If entered the Hub for the first time, exited to the title, then re-entered the Hub then the second tutorial ghost would appear despite you not having any Coin meta.
- Hub: Some of the door's pink gems were being affected by the Crypt Paint colours.
- Hub: When interacting with the furniture some of the menu text could wobble until the camera has stopped moving.
- When using the Randomise Cloak colour option it could choose a colour you haven't yet unlocked.
- Compendium - Beastiary: Some of the Bosses Health values were incorrect. The Warble's Speed/Damage value was wrong.
- Compendium - Achievements: Some achievements were in the wrong position and some icons were wrong.
- If you played a run but didn't buy anything in the Hub then the Coin meta may not have been saved to disc.
- Castle Conquest game mode: During the Queen fight the Imp Contraptineer class couldn't change the Giga Treasure Chest contraptions.
- Creative Plaything: Playing runs was still adding to some stats (eg enemy kills and boss jewels).
- Creative Plaything: Removing a Snake Wyrm from your starting legion would leave behind some its body sprites.
- Sinned Deamologist class - Repentant Soul meta: This wasn't giving you the free Soul if you were playing a Boneworld Challenge.
- Psycho Possessed class: When loading a saved run it wasn't loading the Imp Contraptineer's Scrap number and Contraption price multiplier.
- Psycho Possessed class - Soulen Spirit meta: This wasn't giving the Boo Bro if you were currently possessed.
- Meldum Afflicted class - Meldisoom Secretions meta: Its HUD icon will now hide once you've reached the Meldus minion max cap.
- Gangly Grafted class - Bonewrap Miniatures meta: This could offer sacrificial minions that weren't the correct attack type.
- When casting a spell some of the animation spell effect would make use of your cloak colour and outline.
- On the Game Over screen it could show a score that differs from the score uploaded to the online leaderboard due to inconsistent rounding.
- Ravenous Ravine map: The first boss was often spawning inside the top-left terrain.
- Souleater Dealer: His item descriptions weren't being updated if you already had an item he sells.
- Melee minions had a habit of wandering off after attacking a Boss during their attack cool down.
- Brodacious Brozilla minion: When loading a saved run it wasn't correctly adding the Brozilla's regular Bro caps.
- Magma Gargantuan minion: His Status icon was showing too low.
- Boning Totem contraption: Having more than 2 active at the same time could cause issues when raising a fresh minion.
- Desecrated Rage/Acuity/Mysticism relics: When playing as the Doll Maker or Beast Whisperer these relics could sometimes offer a Skelly minion when boneraising.
- Noblemen Lure spell: If a Flag Waver was lured during a special stage then he wouldn't be joined by his usual buddies.
- Made some texts clearer and fixed typos.

Translation File changes...
- A new special ID has been added called "TranslationWorkshop_ForceHD" which by default is set to "yes". However if set to "no" then when loading the translation it won't automatically set the fonts to HD and turn off the CRT (note the pixel font only shows english letters/numbers so this setting is for if you're only making minor adjustments to english words).
- New IDs: Ach_Qst_BigScore_*, Ach_Qst_Won_*, Ach_Kill_Queen_*, Ach_Kill_King_, MnWrd_Bestow, MnWrd_Continue, MnWrd_Recharge, MnWrd_Slurp, Unl_NewCloak, MsHub_Drawers_Hat, MsHub_Drawers_Cloak, MsHub_Tailor_Revealed_*, MsHub_Mirror_Fashion, MsHub_Tut_Conquest*, MsHub_ArcMdAsk_*, MsHub_MemSkull_*, CryptDec_*, Hat_BigBarrow, Hat_BroEggplant, Hat_BroPumpkin, Hat_BroTurnip, Hat_BroPot, ArcMd_Recharge, StageDesc_QstBegin13, Qst_Jrn_StgCom_Stage, Qst_WizardCouncil, StageDesc_QstBegin10_Golden, StageDesc_QstBegin9, Qst_ChPath_MetaWarn, MtCl_Vampire_BatHeal_*, MtCl_Ghost_SoulBigBoos_*, MtCl_Bro_SoulMegaBro_*, MtCl_Hollow_Bookshelf_*, MtCl_Hollow_ExtraSpell_Desc2, MtCl_Wax_VagrantRaise_*, MtCl_Bro_SproutHead_*, MtCl_Bro_BigSprout_*, MtCl_Bro_Lvl3Bro_*, MtCl_Giant_BigBroDest_*, MtCl_Wax_WaxPile_*, MtCl_Beast_MeatPile_Nm, PlClw_RandomiseTrap, MtCl_Clown_RandomiseTrap_*, ChNwItem_Spc_Bro3BigBro, ChNwItem_Spc_BigBarrowBigBro, ChNwItem_Spc_SkellyRandom2, BI_BonePileDest_*, ChooseItem_Ooh2, PlBro_Pot, PlBro_BigHead, MtTraps_GigaChest_*, MtTraps_Archive_Desc2, Trap_Archive_*, Trap_CurseEye, Trap_BookShelf_Spell, Trap_Coffin_Boner, Bst_BsWizardCouncil_*, RI_MomMilk_Desc1_2, RI_SlowCast_Desc2, SI_Doomball_Desc2, SI_WaxMould_Desc2, SI_TrapSpirit_Desc2, TrvEv_ClownTrn_Title*
- Removed IDs: Ach_Kill_KingQueen_*, Ach_Conquest_Won_Desc_2, MnSet_Cnt_Mouse_Lock, MnSet_Cnt_Mouse_Lock_Tip, MnSet_Vis_Opt5, MnSet_Vis_Tip5, Comp_Bestiary_MoreInfo, MsHub_Tailor_Buy, Paint_Rand, MsHub_Tailor_Opt3, MsHub_MemorySkull_No, MsWon_AskSave_*, MsWon_AskLoad_*, Qst_AskLoad_*, Qst_Jrn_StgCom_NoLdboard, Qst_Jrn_StgCom_Save, Qst_Jrn_StgCom_Continue, StageDesc_QstBegin11_Golden, CrtPl_GmMdMut_Conquest_*, MtCl_Necro_MinDam_Desc2, MtCl_Bro_Trap_Desc2, MtCl_Imp_TrapRespawn_Desc2, MtCl_Vampire_BatSpell_*, MtCl_Wax_FlagRaise_*, MtCl_Wax_BeggarRaise_*. MtCl_Hollow_StartSpell_*, MtCl_Hollow_ScrollHeal_Desc2, MtCl_Hollow_ScrollSpeed_Desc2, MtCl_Beast_BeastDamRed_*, MtCl_Bro_PumpkinHead_*, MtCl_Bro_TurnipHead*, MtCl_Bro_EggplantHead*, MtCl_Meld_Mega_Desc2, MtCl_Bro_Mega_Desc2, MtCl_Clown_ReRollMaxHealth_Desc2, MtCl_Meld_Health_Desc2, MtCl_Hollow_SpellPower_Desc2, MtCl_Demon_DiablosDeamon_Desc2, MtCl_Hollow_ScrollArmour_Desc2, Trap_Archive_*, Trap_BookShelf_*, Trap_ReflectPool_Bestow, Trap_SoulAltar_Bestow, Trap_JunkBox_Nothing, Trap_JunkBox_Spell, Trap_Coffin_Nothing, SI_BloodMiners_Desc2

Enjoy! :]

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Vampire Survivors: Clown has longer shoes

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Boneraiser remains one of the best to ever do it, bodes incredibly well for their next project in the works given how utterly refined this one has managed to become vs their prior works.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
>two new achievements, ANOTHER gigaton update

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

jesus christ I was like "this looks pretty good" and then it kept scrolling

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's this (which I kinda wish I could get into Boneraisers, I've tried a couple times but just keep bouncing off), Stardew Valley's "minor modding update" and Terraria's upcoming 1.4.5 update, it seems to be a thing for indie projects to release massive free updates in 2024, year(s) after release.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Bulletmancer gets a demo:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2850640/Bulletmancer/

quote:

Bulletmancer is a bullet heaven roguelite with a strong focus on shooting synergies where you fight hordes of enemies from a turret. Choose a wizard, a region, a corruption level and start collecting different spells to create new combos each run. Unlock new upgrades, maps and characters, buy glyphs to increase your stats between runs and face new challenges each time.

Features
Quick runs of maximum 15 minutes.
Challenging boss fights at the end of each run.
Progression system that offers new challenges each time you beat a level.
Synergy system inspired by games like The Binding of Isaac.
Lots of spells to combine.
Multiple characters with different playstyles.
Different maps each with its own roster of enemies.
Glyph tree that allows you to get more powerful between runs.

The game is still in an early stage of development so you can expect new content, bug fixes, QoL updates and general improvements to the experience while we are working on it.

Demo features:
3 Characters
9 Enemies
50+ Spells
First map: Forestia
First final boss: Four Guardians
First two corruption levels to increase the challenge
First four Glyphs to upgrade your characters

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

OK, after few months since I got Boneraiser Minions, doing a couple runs, getting overwhelmed by all the meta game stuff and quitting, I think it's finally clicking with me.

Once I turned off the arcane speak or whatever, I started paying attention to what each mix of boners does, the meta upgrades for each class, etc etc I started winning every other run, after 5-6 hours I still have to beat Level 2 though! haha

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I must suck, but this is hard as balls. I can't get past the 7-8 minute mark.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors joins the illustrious v1.0 club

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2388460/view/4182229294554647823

quote:

Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors celebrates the official 1.0 launch with a host of highly requested features from the community, as well as UI improvements, overall gameplay balancing, and Steam Deck compatibility. Players may now brave the depths of Gallowspire with a friend in both local co-op and Steam Remote Play. Escape incoming damage in a blink of an eye with the all-new dash mechanic, and gain run-deciding buffs with a strategic sip from the potion belt. With the addition of dedicated chapters, faster character progression, hyper mode, and new Pathfinder collectible cards with official artworks that provide permanent upgrades, every attempt towards sealing away the disgraced lich-emperor brings great reward.

Within the depths of Gallowspire lies the disgraced mythic lich Tar-Baphon, one of Pathfinder’s most ancient and powerful villains. While sealed away beneath his ancient seat of power, he has been deftly plotting his grand return. As the magic that contains him begins to fail, three fearless heroes will rise to the occasion, tasked with venturing into Gallowspire's depths to defeat Tar-Baphon and repair the wards that seal him away.

Step into the role as one of three daring heroes and battle through the horrors of Gallowspire. The Fighter, Wizard, or Rogue all come with their own strengths and talents that will aid them in their efforts against Tar-Baphon. Choose an ally to fight alongside you as you slay hordes of Tar-Baphon’s undead minions, collect and upgrade your arsenal of spells and weapons, and extinguish Gallowspire’s callous bosses. There will be many failures throughout your journey, but aided by an ancient medallion, the heroes can escape death and grow stronger with each attempt.

The Whispering Tyrant beckons. Will you answer his call? Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors launches today on Steam for $4.19 USD including a 40% launch discount. Those eager to delve deeper into the world of Pathfinder can do so by purchasing the Pathfinder Collection bundle on Steam. The bundle includes Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition, Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition, and Pathfinder Adventures all for an additional 10% off. Keep up to date with all the information by joining the official Discord server, Facebook page and following BKOM Studios on X.

Features:
Deeply rooted in Pathfinder: Everything from talent trees to enemies stems from the beloved IP. Discover official Pathfinder art collectibles for permanent hero enhancements.
Choose your class: Whether you play a Fighter, Rogue, or Wizard, each has their own unique abilities and playstyles.
Meticulously crafted fights: Engage in boss fights that bring elevated challenges with 12 mini-bosses and 4 epic bosses.
Dive into an arsenal of abilities and talents: With over 67 abilities and over 36 talents to choose from and combine, you’ll have boundless strategic opportunities.
Explore: Traverse 3 different biomes and 16 floors.
Enjoy community requested features: Working closely with the community, new features like hyper mode, aim and dash mechanics, potion belts, detailed character sheets and more have been added.
Multiple difficulty levels: Fight your way through 5 difficulty levels for a more challenging journey.
Team up with friends: Battle your way to victory together with friends using Steam Remote Play.
Gallowspire on the go: Fully compatible with Steam deck, you can take your fight with Tar-Baphon anywhere you go.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Boons & Burdens continues to do it up with v0.20 "Enter the Arena":

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2646120/view/4170970295496148315

quote:

Patch 0.20 brings with it a whole new way to play called Arena. This mode is heavily inspired by my last game, Gunlocked, so if you came to Boons & Burdens looking for more of that action, this is the update for you! Turn on auto-aim in the options, and you almost wouldn't know the difference (almost, lol).

If you've been waiting to grab a copy until more content and features were in, now's the time! I'm currently re-running the previous launch week sale for all of my games, including the bonus discounts on the bundles. With last week's Rings of Power and this Arena update, there's plenty of bang for your buck (shameless promotion over).

As always, if you're enjoying the game, and want to see it grow into something even greater, please leave a positive review. It's a big help!

The next several patches will be smaller, and more regularly spaced, as I work through polishing up the content in the game with new and improved visuals and sounds, some optimization, balance changes, and bug fixes. Then it will be back to adding more big stuff.

Here's a bit of what you can expect in upcoming patches, in roughly this order:
Polish patches: updated visual and sound effects, optimization, balance changes
New boons, and cursed boons
Difficulty 2 of Arena
A new playable class: With alternate equipment, unique boons, achievements, etc.
Difficulty 3 for Classic and Arena

Oh, and a "Confirm Surrender" pop-up will be coming in the next patch too (this was delayed 1 patch).

Key Features of patch 0.20
New Game Mode: Arena
6 Potion Powerups
11 Achievements
Balance Changes
Bug Fixes

Arena Mode

Survive for 15 minutes in a single arena
No burdens, sacrifices, portals, or bosses.
6 new potion powerups can show up in chests (see GIF above)
Special combat events can trigger periodically, spawning unique enemy configurations and special hazards
Collecting gems levels you up, allowing you to pick one new upgrade each time
You get 1 reroll per level up, but the Ring of Rerolls can extend this
Upgrade beacons appear, and allow you to choose boons when charged up. These favor upgrades for abilities you already own when possible.
Enemies do not drop Infernicite in this mode, instead you're awarded Infernicite based on every minute you survive, with a +10 bonus for victory.
Certain rings behave differently in Arena. You can toggle between arena/classic descriptions in the equipment menu.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

DRGS is 20% off. i still dont think it looks amazing but i might buy it anyway so i can complain about it.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The Soulstone Survivors update is back but in modified form. They got rid of the exp change that made the game feel slower.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2066020/view/4177725694944009705

quote:

Full list of changes from the previous "New Beginning" update:
XP formula has been reverted back to what it was prior to the update;
Both Curse and Endless scaling have been reverted to what they were prior to the update. Curses are still optional and use the new reward system. Overlord still works as in the original update, but with adjusted scaling to be similar to the old system;
Removed block chance for Lords of the Void and Elites from curses, but increased the health and armor values to compensate;
Lords of the Void still spawn one at a time, but the new Council of Lords curse works slightly different from before. Now it increases the number of active bosses by 1, and has 3 instances spread out across different tiers, so you can always have "all bosses enabled" regardless of the curse tier you are in;
Curse Tier 7 now requires 6 curse intensity to be complete, making Ethereal Lords officially optional;
Endless and Overlord still have limited scaling on Attack Speed and Movement Speed, and reduced the effects of Armor Penetration considerably as well;
The central skill tree now gives you 10 rerolls/banishes/locks, up from 5;
Dash cooldown reverted from 2.5 to 2 seconds. Movement speed is unchanged (as it was unchanged before as well);
Most Summon skills have been buffed as they were performing worse than intended especially in higher curses;
Removed distance based power ups from the pool, due to the challenge of informing exactly how they work;
Added option to disable the new Death Effect;
Changed how the Quality Standards rune works under the hood, it now gives you better chances of finding rare, epic and legendary power ups than without it;
Fixed multiple issues regarding the "More Details" option on tooltips, which could be showing the incorrect scaling for multiple things like negative effects, buffs and what not in certain situations;
Fixed an issue where entering a portal while mounted on the Panther and using the Ascended skin would soft-lock the game;
Fixed an issue where the Matches tab of the Profile screen would not work for some players;
Fixed an issue where Ethereal Bosses would not be removed in high Endless/Overlord cycles;
Fixed an issue where certain ascension objects (like the Spellblade activation portal, or Beastmaster's tracks) could spawn inside a rock in the Scorching Valley;
Fixed an issue where the Assassin's mission could take longer to be given to the player than intended;
Fixed an issue where buffs such as Bloodlust would not benefit properly from some multiplicative bonuses such as Adaptive Empowerment rune;
Fixed a couple of issues with gamepad navigation in the Profile screen;
Fixed issue where selecting a power up could move the power up selection when using a controller;
Fixed issue with the Vultures in the Frozen Wasteland, which could cause considerable performance degradation;
Added Brutal to the description of Whirling Defense;
Aelfraed now slows down during his Bladestorm;
Achievements that reward Skins will now appear in the Characters tab;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Also they have 7 more classes planned apparently.