Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they should make it so there are less things to dodge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I played a bit of Pathfinder Survivors and it feels so...manufactured. I don't think it does enough different to set it apart from others in the genre. It also doesn't do nearly enough with the Pathfinder license.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Not sure if I accidentally grabbed a different weapon on the Pyromancer than usual but I had a Lightning Field instead of Combustion. That said I finally had an all Aura playthrough, also finally finished the snow level at rank 5 to unlock the Death Knight. Also I got a bunch of upgrades in the run this time that I have never seen before, including increasing how much burn does and increasing the frequency of burn ticking and some that makes it so when you use a fire skill you have a chance to use nature skills.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Higher Fidelity Kiting looms in the near'ish future with Jotunnslayer: Hordes of Hel

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2820820/Jotunnslayer_Hordes_of_Hel/ Demo in May

quote:

Hordes of Hel is a thrilling roguelike horde-survivor game set in a Dark Viking Underworld. Fight waves of enemies to earn divine blessings of ancient Norse Gods, explore hostile realms, summon powerful bosses, and prove your worth in epic battles. Become a god-like warrior in this ultimate showdown

Embark on a hazardous quest through the dark realms of Norse mythology with Hordes of Hel, a gripping roguelike horde arena survival game boasting cutting-edge graphics. Select a fallen soul condemned to suffer in Helheim and wield your blade against legions of foes in a relentless quest for redemption. In this desolate domain, divine blessings are scarce, earned only through the spilling of rivers of blood.

Will you emerge as the chosen one, favored by the Gods, and ascend to the legendary Halls of Valhalla?

GAME FEATURES

Fast-paced battles against hordes of enemies while racing against time

Engage in intense and adrenaline-fueled battles against relentless waves of enemies, all while under the pressure of time. Each encounter is a test of skill and reflexes as you fight to survive against overwhelming odds of the Nordic underworld.

Pursue in-run missions for added challenges

Embark on challenging tasks and missions within each run to test your abilities and add depth to your journey through Nine worlds. These quests may require you to complete specific objectives or overcome additional obstacles for greater rewards.

Experience meta-progression with unlockable perks

Progress and improve your character with meta-progression systems that offer unlockable perks and upgrades. As you continue to upgrade, you'll unlock new abilities, enhancements, and bonuses to customize your playstyle and enhance your chances of survival.

Customize gameplay with diverse characters for endless combinations

Choose from a variety of diverse characters, each with their own unique set of skills, abilities, and weapons. Experiment with different combinations to find the perfect match for your playstyle and adapt to various challenges and scenarios encountered throughout the Hordes of Hel.

Face escalating boss threats while utilizing kiting tactics to destruct enemies

Confront powerful boss enemies that pose increasing levels of threat as you progress through the game. Employ strategic kiting tactics to outmaneuver and defeat these formidable foes, utilizing the environment and your skills to gain the upper hand and emerge victorious.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh my god a Contra x Vampire Survivors DLC was just announced on stream lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Azran posted:

Oh my god a Contra x Vampire Survivors DLC lmao

The fact they are crossing over with Konami and it isn't Castlevania is loving peak comedy.

loving YES BRAD FANG FROM HARD CORPS

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Azran posted:

Oh my god a Contra x Vampire Survivors DLC was just announced on stream lmao

Yo what??

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-73l_hCMg

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Genuinely funny bit, I hope they do a Parodius crossover next :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wow, and also

ImpAtom posted:

The fact they are crossing over with Konami and it isn't Castlevania is loving peak comedy.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Obviously the VS dev found lightning in a bottle with VS but wow, he's got an eagle eye for business negotiations to get Konami on board with his legally distinct parody work to the point that they actually dug up whatever archaic contracts are tied to Hard Corps. :allears: What a champ.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy gently caress, day one purchase. :allears:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I’m playing through Symphony of the Night for the first time right now and I’m laughing every time I see something that later appears in Vampire Survivors. I knew the knife, axe, bible, cross and holy water were all from Castlevania but I had no idea the runetracer was too. And the pentagram!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Is this the first Vampire Survivors multiplayer DLC or did this happen earlier? Took a substantial break.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the bit gets funnier because there was another crossover dlc announced at the event, where a game was actually getting a castlevania dlc (v rising)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jelly posted:

Is this the first Vampire Survivors multiplayer DLC or did this happen earlier? Took a substantial break.

That was added a while ago, same time as the switch port I believe. Not tied to a DLC, they just added it for everyone.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how was the among us dlc? i never picked that one up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Awesome! posted:

how was the among us dlc? i never picked that one up

It's pretty fun. There are some good new weapons and you can get loving hilariously overpowered on the new map.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jelly posted:

It’s only couch co-op I think but they added it a while back.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gOBMLXgjVw

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Finally, the Playstation 5 gets a game.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I hope Vampire Survivors keeps doing more and more outlandish crossovers but nothing in the same sort of gothic supernatural fantasy space as Castlevania

Cross over with Hollow Knight

Or Street Fighter

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 11, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I bet the Shovel Knight guys would answer the phone immediately.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tortolia posted:

Honestly I hope Vampire Survivors keeps doing more and more outlandish crossovers but nothing in the same sort of gothic supernatural fantasy space as Castlevania

Or Street Fighter

VS still has the best dopamine points for me at least, i love all these crossovers

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Tortolia posted:

Or Street Fighter

get yoship on the line I need to find out what kind of weapon garlic would be

probably ast by the shape

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone tried artifact seeker yet? I played about an hour tonight and it’s pretty drat fun.

https://youtu.be/ccAeOXdtLXs?si=-nb6vnBkEHTuA_ao

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I played a bit and the game is really weird. It feels like it uses bought assets and AI art that doesn't mix at all, the dialogue is weird like it's machine translated and all in all it doesn't feel cohesive or fun to me.

If someone told me it was entirely made by ChatGPT I'd believe them

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If I have to play a Bullet Heaven version because there will never be a Sonic or Final Fantasy Musou I'll take it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

ImpAtom posted:

Had me in stitches. When I saw Brad Fang and heard the music my childhood came screaming back. Cant wait for this DLC.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
What If...Pinball?

Pinball Storm: Lokanta Q2 2024

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2642570/Pinball_StormLokanta/

quote:

Pinball Storm: Lokanta is a roguelike pinball shooting game. You will face waves of enemies, challenge the elite, and stand against strong Bosses. As a rebel, you will use marble pinball as your weapon. Associate with new companions, unlock new pinballs, then further enhance your pinballs with your loot. All your foes shall perish!
Survivor with Pinball
In Lonkata, you will challenge the endless army of Plutocracy alone, but fear not for the powerful pinball in your hands will treat them!

Pinbarding the Screen with Infinite Combos
Pinball will bounce between objects and enemies on the battlefield. You will charge your energy bar after kills. Once full, you can summon the helper Diting to re-bounce all your pinballs.

Many Pinballs and More Upgrades
You are not alone in your journey. Different companions will bring you new pinballs after their special events. Build your own combo-play with different pinballs! You can also collect resources from fights to have mega-evolution to your pinballs——from a mere fireball to extreme giga explosion! There are over 20 pinballs and 100 upgrades in the game, providing infinite possibilities for your adventure!

Epic Boss Fight
Every region in Lonkata has its warden Boss. They have their identical skills, which requires adaptable use of your pinballs. Ice for slow and Fire for ignite, don't forget the Regen pinball that can heal your HP. Exploit your surroundings with flexible positioning. Terminate all threats!

Six Lights Legend and The Chosen One.
The story happens in a Ultra-Capitalism city called Lonkata, where the legend of "Six Lights Befall, Sukhavati Appraoch" has been going around. You will play as Joe who seems to have serendipity with the legend. After encountering the mythical creature Diting, Joe decides to help it find clues "She" had left, and discovers the hidden truth about Lokanta.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Despite the dumb name and theme I couldn't care less about, https://store.steampowered.com/app/2163330/Yet_Another_Zombie_Survivors/ has been updating pretty regularly, they just put out a big update with another area, and they've been frequent with their updates and plans for systemic changes

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Was not expecting an anime, but it kinda looks like it works and the outfits seem G-rated? Definitely need to drop the charmingly bad translations for any tutorial content, though

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

victrix posted:

Despite the dumb name and theme I couldn't care less about, https://store.steampowered.com/app/2163330/Yet_Another_Zombie_Survivors/ has been updating pretty regularly, they just put out a big update with another area, and they've been frequent with their updates and plans for systemic changes

I've put a decent amount of time into this one and it has promise. Fun, not too grindy, all it needs is time.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Big(gest) update for Acid Planet v0.70 "Evolution"

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2641530/view/4181104029172023510

quote:

WEAPON EVOLUTIONS
- Powerful new upgrades that 'evolve' a weapon or tower into a new form after it has reached max level. Evolutions change how weapons look and have powerful effects. There are 20 to discover already! The following weapons/towers can now evolve, and have 2 evolved forms each:

-Blasgun (Plasma Uzi, Rad Blaster)
-Autosword (Blink Sword, Blade Orbit)
-Briefcase (Briefcase Sentry, Portable Nuke)
-Grenade Pistol (Stun Grenades, Seeker Grenades)
-Cannon (Sniper Cannon, Punch Cannon)
-Minigun (Mini Railgun, Miniroller)
-Claymore beam (Scorching beam, Horizon beam)
-Rocket Launcher (Swarm Rockets, Guided Rocket)
-Nova Tower (Toxic Nova, Frost Nova)
-Flamethrower (Acid Sprayer, Napalmer)

MISSIONS 6 & 7 ADDED
Complete the Rookie campaign with missions 6 & 7 now added. New difficulty levels coming soon.

ELITES
Elites monster variants are here to ruin your plans. They are marked with a blue forcefield. They spawn on a randomly selected pattern as either a tank, ranged or rapid type, and they drop gold when killed.

NEW STATUS EFFECT: VULNERABLE
Enemies afflicted with vulnerable take additional damage. Currently applied via the Toxic Nova, Rad Blaster or the Acid Sprayer.

BRIEFCASE UPDATE
Now drops briefcases onto the map so you don't need to rely on dying so much. Still drops one when you die.

PERFORMANCE
- Improved overall performance with increased monster populations.

BALANCE + BUG FIXES
-Rebalanced fodder waves and enemy ratios
-Decreased enemy HP on later missions
-Small nerf to minigun range
-Enemy whale guns are slower
-Shield no longer recharges after reaching zero during a wave
-Shield won't throw enemies and kaiju around

After this update, my next priority is a meta progression system to go along with some new difficulty levels/challenges.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ImpAtom posted:

its so funny

day 1

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
having played soulstone now that they've reverted a lot of the stuff people were citing as terrible, it's... p. good. very much still soulstone survivors so if skating around doesn't do it for you then it won't be magically better.

it's just... 15% more sane at the end of a run? just enough slower to feel more controlled while still maintaining the skating vibe

also feels like they WAY increased speed of meta currency gain relative to when i played months back. like, able to get the amount of meta gain in 1-2 runs that i used to in 7-10

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
are the graphics still a vomit on the screen with only a transparency option

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

not as bad, I played a few matches

it feels a little less hectic, but I'm not super far into high curse because the meta grind was just awful

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Third World Reagan posted:

Like almost every other game in this genre, yes

I tend to start around .5 and end at .1; all the way to 0 if I'm on the Deck since some builds get *intensive* and going to 0 bumps frame rates a lot

Edit: Also I noticed the meta grind being vastly improved. Made a new save and got barbarian to like, 45 prestige in 2 or 3 runs. That took many many more when I first started playing this way back

Dr_Gee fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Dr_Gee posted:

Like almost every other game in this genre, yes

Yes, but some games did it worse than others

this was a common complaint about that game that it was worse, gave performance issues, and their only fix was transparency, which did nothing, or made it harder to see your attacks and theirs

where as other games may look like projectile vomit, but you could see what was going on

some how the other games could do this and still give you the right amount of info

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 13, 2024