Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I picked up Army of Ruin and it's a cool game, but it's just a fancier looking Vampire Survivors. Which is fine for the price but I'm struggling to find what it does to set itself apart outside of just looking better, be wave based, and with fewer features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Soulstone Survivors is very enjoyable but I am finding it very hard to parse when things hit me and thus I die a lot.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I think there’s an untapped well of creativity in intentionally developing games for dead systems. You know, like the FF7 demake but on a more serious scale.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

If only images could be thread titles.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In basically only Army of Ruin do I have runs doomed from a lack of outgoing damage, which is amplified because of the speed of play.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

So when are we going to see AAA VS-likes? Excited to cut down swathes of hedgehog pies as Cloud or something.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hordelike is NOT an acceptable name for this genre.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Cowman posted:

1.3 is out!

This game is truly a gift that keeps on giving.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Army of Ruin has really come into its own. I’m enjoying the heck out of it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Co-op VS? Best game stays best.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I haven't played SSS in a hot minute but reading the latest patch note did not really inspire me to change that, heh.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I played a bit of Pathfinder Survivors and it feels so...manufactured. I don't think it does enough different to set it apart from others in the genre. It also doesn't do nearly enough with the Pathfinder license.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I dunno what to call it but bullet heaven ain’t it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

When I'm mad at them I call them AAA flash games