Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's because you're supposed to chug the entire bottle at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
last night i ate an entire jar of maple butter and was aghast at myself until I realized it was basically like consuming two and a quarter cans of coke.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gas demons don't like cold and leave

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Greg of Doom posted:

Lotta "ex" IDF in this thread. Guess that shouldn't be surprising

Lmao

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Greg of Doom posted:

Lotta "ex" IDF in this thread. Guess that shouldn't be surprising

Searching SA for BDS sentiments has to be the cushiest job in the IDF counter Intel ops

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

i guess if it's in the fridge you reduce the air pressure so more of the CO₂ can migrate from the water into the air in the bottle

the reason it goes flat generally is that carbonated water is like a chemical equilibrium between the dissolved CO₂ in the water and the gaseous CO₂ in the air in the rest of the bottle and the pneumatic pressure of the air keeps it in the water. as soon as you reduce the pressure by opening the bottle you shift the equilibrium point so more of the CO₂ wants to migrate into the air. shaking the bottle up simply speeds up the process of reestablishing equilibrium.

but relevant to the fridge aspect of all of this, if you reduce the temperature the pressure of air goes down much more than the pressure of water so that will also hasten the soda going flat but i don't know if that would be by a really noticable margin, i haven't done the math because i'm not a nerd

Thanks for the actual answer.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

because you touch yourself and others at night, op

I do NOT touch other people, ever!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Flowers for QAnon posted:

You need to vacuum seal it

This is the funniest answer imo

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Oh so it comes out half-flat to begin with that sounds lovely.

OP stop buying 2 liters and start buying cans. Especially the mini-cans.
Yes but at least it's constant level of flatness.

Also no the cans are terrible in terms of value/$

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
"i like seltzer water" - kool keith, aka dr octagon, dr. dooom, spankmaster, the original black elvis, crazy lou, poppa large, master of illusion, diesel trucker, underwear pissy etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66OQ-GPYfCE

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Instead of shelling out beaucoup bucks for CO2 just collect twice as much CO from your car's exhaust pipe for free!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

It's candy water I'm trying to portion it not maximize my dollars to diabetes ratio.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

mobby_6kl posted:

Goofus: buys 2 liter bottle, pours half out because it went flat “huhhhhhhhhhhh value……” *fart*

Gallant: buys little 8 oz cans, always has fresh bubbly club soda at the ready in just the right amount :smug:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Who What Now posted:

It's candy water I'm trying to portion it not maximize my dollars to diabetes ratio.

It's fizzy water it ain't got no dang sugar. Well I guess the splash of lemon juice I put in has a little bit.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I can’t tell you the reason. It’s incredibly racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

:cawg: