Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It's total bullshit. Here I am wanting a nice cold vodka, soda and lemon but I've just got a vodka, lemon and water. It's alright I guess but perhaps some of you NERDS (ie people smarter than me) could answer this question for me and even suggest a solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Private Cumshoe posted:

it's not the fridge doing it it's that your tightening of the cap back on just isn't the same as the initial seal sorry get a sodastream or something?

:firstpost:

There is a noticeable difference between leaving it out of the fridge or in the fridge though. WHYYY?! I scream at the clouds.

Sid Vicious posted:

i think most soda waters contain salts of some kind

They've got like baking soda basically in them. Mostly calcium based dissolved solids

Weka
May 5, 2019

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I'm pretty sure Soda stream moved their factory from the West Bank or something, so it's ok to buy their products now? I love seltzer but would buy another brand if there is one. I'm sad my new living place doesn't have Polar anything. Need my golden ginger ale and unicorn seltzer.

Yeah it's definitely better now they don't employ Palestinians?!? Or I am boycotting basically everything from Israel so no thank you.

Weka
May 5, 2019

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

i guess if it's in the fridge you reduce the air pressure so more of the CO₂ can migrate from the water into the air in the bottle

the reason it goes flat generally is that carbonated water is like a chemical equilibrium between the dissolved CO₂ in the water and the gaseous CO₂ in the air in the rest of the bottle and the pneumatic pressure of the air keeps it in the water. as soon as you reduce the pressure by opening the bottle you shift the equilibrium point so more of the CO₂ wants to migrate into the air. shaking the bottle up simply speeds up the process of reestablishing equilibrium.

but relevant to the fridge aspect of all of this, if you reduce the temperature the pressure of air goes down much more than the pressure of water so that will also hasten the soda going flat but i don't know if that would be by a really noticable margin, i haven't done the math because i'm not a nerd

Thanks for the actual answer.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

because you touch yourself and others at night, op

I do NOT touch other people, ever!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Who What Now posted:

It's candy water I'm trying to portion it not maximize my dollars to diabetes ratio.

It's fizzy water it ain't got no dang sugar. Well I guess the splash of lemon juice I put in has a little bit.