Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who are you rooting for this Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Cincinnati Bengals 46 29.30%
Green Bay Packers 29 18.47%
San Francisco 49'ers 27 17.20%
Tennessee Titans 15 9.55%
Stan the T-Rex to Escape The Rock's Possession 40 25.48%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When he’s right he’s right

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1485103383119757316

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

4 of those losses vs the niners.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bellmaker posted:

Imagine being the ST Coach for the Packers atm

e: Packers radio links?

YT link ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtpTRmAdtPA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewsiciliano/status/1485102694192730112?s=21

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

perfect thanks

I'm not saying the fix is in but the possibility of Jimmy G vs. Brady has to have folks salivating right?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bellmaker posted:

perfect thanks

I'm not saying the fix is in but the possibility of Jimmy G vs. Brady has to have folks salivating right?

they won't mention it, I'm sure

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1485106755172540418

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Aaron Rodgers got taken out by some grinning idiot himbo twice in three years lmao

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1485102207338954755?t=cGMBks9idLhV_C5FI7e4sQ&s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rodgers can't even beat Brady's backup.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Silly Burrito posted:

Am I really going to have to root for the god drat San Francisco 49ers?

Welcome, brother. We have destroyed the Cowboys and Rodgers. If Brady comes before us we shall destroy him as well. The sword of God will drive the unrighteous into the sea, Allahu Akbar

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Niners really are just plowing through the least likable teams in this playoff, huh?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
9ers are setting themselves up for a heartbreaking loss.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MoaM posted:

Nope. We've been expecting to get blown out for two three straight games now. If it happens in the Championship, it happens, and it still means we beat the Cowboys and Packers in the playoffs and almost made it to the Super Bowl after being legally declared dead for most of the season.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Nope. We've been expecting to get blown out for two three straight games now. If it happens in the Championship, it happens, and it still means we beat the Cowboys and Packers in the playoffs and almost made it to the Super Bowl after being legally declared dead for most of the season.

100%. it has all been house money and they've been cleaning up. this offseason gonna be interesting...

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i guess i should root for handsome james to make a flacco run and mess up everything

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MoaM posted:

They still get to play next week and for that I am thankful.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cincy v 49ers in the super bowl would low key be pretty amazing. If not just for some punters getting a good pay day from their bookies

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if there was a 49ers kawalimus they would rather not go to the sb than face the bengals there because they could lose their undefeated against cincinnati super bowl streak. trivia

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Any of the AFC teams heels like the cowboys and packers? If not, don't worry about the niners.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
If the Rams beat the Bucs I’m basically okay with whoever is left.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cavauro posted:

if there was a 49ers kawalimus they would rather not go to the sb than face the bengals there because they could lose their undefeated against cincinnati super bowl streak. trivia

No, they'd say it doesn't matter because we already lost our undefeated in the Super Bowl stat in 2012 so, really, what's another loss even if it is to the Bengals.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'd probably say I don't want to see a rematch because I want to get records against different teams. We're already 2-0 against Cincinnati so we either lose the undefeated record or just get another win. Bills would be good since the 49ers didn't ever face them surprisingly or the Chiefs rematch to possibly even the record. For the Chiefs I'd definitely be rooting against the 49ers because we already won that other one and can't really gain much from another win can only "nullify" it. For the Ravens I'm still pissed the 49ers blew it to the Chiefs and messed up the fun part of the Ravens being the only SB loss for two teams with 4 and 5 wins and then the Bucs messing it up further last year.

I don't think I could root against my team getting to the SB if we already got as far as the championship game so I'd just have to let it ride and hope for favorable opportunities.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/DailyTrix/status/1485108784896909314

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bellmaker posted:

perfect thanks

Brady v. His Only Begotten Son. I take solace that I would not have to endure this during the Super Bowl.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1485221303732813831

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

God, they really, really want this to be a thing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

When was the last time both 1 seeds were upset in the Divisional Round?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

When was the last time both 1 seeds were upset in the Divisional Round?

2008 both the 1 seeded Titans and Giants lost their first game.

2010 both the 1 seeded Pats and Falcons lost too.

I think that’s it in recent history.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 23, 2022

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Every drat year. One year I’m sure they’ll be right.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Rapaport is throwing it all out today. First Payton now Brady.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1485221840083722240

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Any of the AFC teams heels like the cowboys and packers? If not, don't worry about the niners.

Depends what crimes people in Andy Reid’s circle commit this year, between now and the Super Bowl.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Chiefs have a bunch of scuzzy players but the Bengals and Bills are both feel good teams.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Eifert Posting posted:

Chiefs have a bunch of scuzzy players but the Bengals and Bills are both feel good teams.

And coaches, don't forget the scuzzy coaches!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If Brady walks next year he has to give back a cool $15 million due to his contract. Seems unlikely. Also I will be in denial until he literally dies.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I like how the older Brady gets, the less believable it becomes that this is the year he retires.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

MoaM posted:

Lol at this revisionism. The 49ers were 3-5, then later lost to a bad Seahawks team for a second time, then were down by 17 points in a game they had to win to make the playoffs to close the season. They were set up to miss the playoffs altogether and then were set up to lose each round in the playoffs. We’re just happy they’ve done what they’ve done.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah this niners season is pretty unbelievable. They looked absolutely cooked going into November.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

God, they really, really want this to be a thing.

hell, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

It's very funny that the only outcomes for any given niners season under shanahan are 10+ losses or the super bowl with nothing in between